AV Expo 2018 : Chennai - Sep 14th - 16th - Chennai Trade Center

They have simply broken all the expectation, eagerness, plans, and commitments. In fact, we have planned a solid get together on that day and people have booked tickets from their respective cities to Chennai. Highly disappointed :(

That bar code program is still running in the server :) Disappointed though, I was eagerly awaiting myself !

Was looking forward to attending this show. Probably they did not get sufficient exhibitors to make the show commercially
successful, since what hifi show took place last month. Participants are charged handsomely for being part of such show hence it would have been too much strain on their finances to take part in both, atleast that is my understanding of this incident.

Actually neither was there a big representation even in Whathifi show except for a few brands.
I guess either the industry is a bit strapped now, or is not getting support from the parent companies or is not giving them the desired results in terms of the crowd attending these shows.

Visited expo two years back or before. Waste of time attending in Chennai Trade Centre to hear an Stereo Setup, since there will not be much of good setup like an demo room for hearing an stereo system. May be for HT crowd looking for 5.1/7.1/atmos it may work. Also it will be an difficult task to setup an Atmos setup also there due to ceiling height.

Actually neither was there a big representation even in Whathifi show except for a few brands.
I guess either the industry is a bit strapped now, or is not getting support from the parent companies or is not giving them the desired results in terms of the crowd attending these shows.
No cash strapped or other reasons... greedy to sell in over price by all the distributors in India.. Also they Could not compete with online sellers.

No cash strapped or other reasons... greedy to sell in over price by all the distributors in India.. Also they Could not compete with online sellers.
That is not entirely true. How many online sellers are there for high end equipment in India except Amazon which is more of a flea market and follows unethical practices.
I do agree that many importers inflate prices, but the impact of GST on the disorganised market will take few more years to sink in.
I was told GST has actually impacted the grey market which is very good for genuine dealers.
But as you say greed sometimes sways from passing the benefit to the customers.

I remember after GST was made 5% from 15%, many big named restaurant chains pocketed the difference by hiking the base praise instead of passing the benefit to the customers.

Of course you are partially right.

However there is no impact on the grey market as per my views. Price remains unaffected since their pattern of bringing their goods remains same route. May be they will over dosage the prices quoting the GST and encash more.....

Never an high end audiophile or audiophile jump on to online buying now or ever in Indian online market. Online market solely depends on the low and mid level market who will research or compare the prices everywhere. High end audiophile rely on showroom ( who want warranty and peace at-least for a year) or they may rely on Ebay or other suppliers outside the country, since the price in abroad remain competitive after paying the import duties. Also they will get an genuine and un-abused products even in second hand market too.

Received this mail today
Nirmal Devadas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.x via yahoo.com
12:01 (5 hours ago)
to me
Dear Visitor,
Thank you for your registration to visit Grand AV Expo 2018. Due to unforeseen reasons, this event is postponed and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.
We will keep you posted on the dates on when the event would happen.
We thank you for your interest and patience.
Thank you,
Nirmal
…………………………………………..
Nirmal Devadas

Head, Brand Integration
Brand Blitz
We build your brand

This is the second time the show got cancelled in the same year . Very bad for the people who eagerly waited for the show. Some of our Forum members who are away from Chennai even booked Tickets & Accomodation for this event,and many new buddies were interested to plan for their first setup after their visits. These kind of shows opens the market for the Hi end AV equipments ,but unfortunately its getting Cancelled.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back