avoid buying LG Tvs online

lokesh125

Hi,
my tv issue is not over yet..after having bad experience with PHILIPS india

http://www.hifivision.com/television/57937-philips-40pfl5059-dead-4-months.html

i bought LG TV from amazon in recent summer sale.delivered at right time, installer guy came fast but mentioned that installation is chargeable (just for online purchases), total around 4.5 k if one go for wall mount.

on top of that if you buy extra warranty for tv which is bought online it will cost you double, while 3 yr extra warranty costs 6k for store purchase it costs more than 13k for online purchase.

so total fraud, i dont know how they can do it.

amazon india didnt help and didnt have any answer why same is not mentioned on product page.

so i have no option but to return tv ,

even in following news its mentioned that LG will charge even for within warranty repair.

Bought LG or Videocon TV online? You may not get free service - The Economic Times

can i send complaint anywhere against LG and amazon india ?

Thanks,
Lokesh

You can return the TV if its within return period saying the wrong product delivered. (as its different than the manufacturer commitments regarding warranty and installtions) You can try also posting on product specification page under section
Feedback
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price? This should lead you to more information page

Last edited:
Yes i can always return product, but my issue when this is because i bought product from amazon india, it should have been mentioned by amazon on product page, its not general policy of LG India.

I had recently suggested my friend to buy an LG LED TV 32 inches from Flipkart... He got it 2 months back... He was not charged anything for installation.... Also suggested him to buy extended warranty which he is yet to purchase....

online purchases of big ticket items is a risk in India because of warranty void issues. HP clearly says that they will not honour warranty on any e-commerce sites except their own.

I wish companies use e-commerce sites to drive sales rather than see them as a competitor. The indian customer has been taken for a ride for too long by the offline retailers. When you bring any online prices to an offline retailer, they bristle and try to shoo away but they know the customer is more informed and is willing to walk away if they do not match online prices.

In US/Canada, you can ask offline retailer to match online prices, and they do. I have done it at multiple retailers myself.
CCI should take this up on public interest and give a once for all ruling suitable for all parties.

Back