AVR - 70k - 100k budget

Flash

With a recent spade of luck my priorities have changed and I have decided to splurge on a HT and Stereo Rig

So
Looking at upgrading my present HT gear completely with a budget of a maximum of 1lakh - 1.10lakhs for an AVR

The AVR will be used purely for Movies and not for stereo Duty, as my Stereo Components will be kept separate

If it matters room size in question is approx 12x22

Last edited:
Last edited:
You are thinking about upgrading ? Please mention, do you already have speakers? What equipment do you already have ?

Rupam, my signature has some of the equipment i have at present, Some are missing because of restrictions on signature length
the Wharfdales 9.6 etc will go to my parents house and will be looking at different speakers at a higher budget
Either commercial ones or build one using good drives for Seas etc

The B&W 685's which i use for Stereo duty will be going to FM Kittu once i have my new BS in place but that will be a different rig all together

For movies you can go for Denon models.
Specially Denon AVR - 2312
MRP Rs.69,900/- (u can bargain)

I am looking fro something better than the 2312
I am thinking more in the lines of 3312 - 4311Ci category and other similar specced options

You should also consider Onkyo TX-NR609. It is lot cheaper than Denon one.
ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA

I've used the Onkyo NR809 ... so 609 is definitely out

Yep ... NAD should be the best buy.
BTW, there is one used, but high end NAD up for sale in Mumbai, in the sale section at a very vfm price.

congratulations! So will you be getting new front speakers for HT or reuse the stereo speakers?

Thanks,
The Stereo Setup with be kept separate.
The HT setup will be either building it from scratch using Seas / Morel drivers or off the shelf commercial ones

If you can audition and source it, I highly recommend Sherwood R-972. The wonders it does with room correction, bass cleanup, integration of subwoofer with mains is amazing. I think you may even like it for 2 channel music as well. ;)

Hey Flash,

Stay clear of the Marantz, NAD, Arcam and the like.
Go for 100+ w/ch for stereo.

You missed the thiels. :(

If you can audition and source it, I highly recommend Sherwood R-972. The wonders it does with room correction, bass cleanup, integration of subwoofer with mains is amazing. I think you may even like it for 2 channel music as well. ;)

Thanks Manoj, Yes after your take on Sheerwood in a other thread it has been an eyeopener .
Will consider Sherwood R-972.
Will look up the specs on it now

Hey Flash,

Stay clear of the Marantz, NAD, Arcam and the like.
Go for 100+ w/ch for stereo.

You missed the thiels. :(

Thanks Blasto

The HT rig will be a different setup and the stereo rig will be kept separate in another room.

The Stereo rig at the moment is

B&W685 (will be replaced a couple of months down the line)
Rotel Monoblocks
Arcam Pre
Soon to arrive ( Emotiva Preamp + DAC + CDP)
the emotiva preamp will replace the Arcam
and the arcam will be used with my Vintage Pioneers

LX55 available for 63k ex mumbai.

Brother , is this model same as the 2021 K. Specs look the same . Available 2021K available @ amazon.de for 52K (shipping extra )
Flash Bro, hijack of thread not intended :), just wanna help here (me too looking for a good AVR).

Flash Bro, hijack of thread not intended :), just wanna help here (me too looking for a good AVR).

No worries dude.... Hijack it all you want .... gives me a clearer picture of other AVR's at different price ranges as well .
Infact i had not considered the Pioneer till it was mentioned over here

Brother , is this model same as the 2021 K. Specs look the same . Available 2021K available @ amazon.de for 52K (shipping extra )

Apparently they are different models, LX series also ia a higher series than the VSX.

BTW the VSX series(521/821/921/1021) are now officially sold with Pioneer India Warranty whilst LX series arn't!!! Stupid logic by Pioneer, but learnt that in the next 2 odd months they too will be available with Pioneer India Warranty.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back