AVR Cooler Suggestion

Deepinder27

Hello everyone,

I am running Denon X2200W with Wharfedale 225 Series in 5.1 configuration. I feel it runs little hot. Can we cooldown the avr with help of any Fans?

Any feedback will help.

Hello everyone,

I am running Denon X2200W with Wharfedale 225 Series in 5.1 configuration. I feel it runs little hot. Can we cooldown the avr with help of any Fans?

Any feedback will help.

How hot? Too hot to touch? Receivers getting slightly hot is normal, as long it doesn't burn. See that there is enough ventilation above and around the receiver with nothing placed over it, including cloth covers, etc.

Even if it gets too hot, there are inbuilt protection circuits that will shut down the amp if it starts acting like a barbecue.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

On touching it feels hot. Not uncomfortably hot. Still I was wondering that a cooler might not be a bad idea. After all cooling the components will help increase their life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Place the AVR on sturdy enough Laptop cooling Pad. (or 2 pads if your AVR is large)
Connect the pad wire to any USB charger or if the AVR has USB out with sufficient power. Not only looks cool but cools well too.

This is beginning of summer, hence the device getting heated is quite normal.
Play the AVR by keeping it in a open place with sufficient ventilation, if you still feel there is abnormal amount of heat, get this checked. Just in case, if it plays fine with normal heat then the problem is with ventilation which you need to ensure the air circulation is proper.

Hi

These fans are quite silent and no audible noise or anything that affects the AVR performance....else if there is space on LEFT and RIGHT sides of AVR in the cabinet....it can be kept ..if not on Top...at least some level of cooling happens....

feb86ef843bb91c4b8c206b14796602c.jpg

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

I have face a similar problem and the solution is a exhaust fan. Work well with little noise. Not audible while listening movies or music.

Hello everyone,

Any feedback will help.

One option is to get either a 120mm or 140 mm computer fan

Deepcool Windblade 120 mm Semi Transparent Cooling Fan with Blue LED (Black): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories( can get the ones with led also to make the avr look cool, get a 12v power adaptor to power them and you are sorted. if you do not want to mess with wires then

get this AC Infinity MULTIFAN S4 Quiet 140mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

its expensive but its silent and nice,

Thanks for the input friends. I think i will go with a laptop cooler. It will have minimum wires and will not look bad. Lets see how it works. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input guys. I think i will go with a laptop cooler. It will have minimum wire hassles and will look fine.

Yes, that's a good option. Go for a good brand, which would be reliable and also make sure that the fins are easy to clean.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Been following this thread....anyone used a laptop cooler? If yes, which brand? My avr is really heavy.... SR 6009

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Been following this thread....anyone used a laptop cooler? If yes, which brand? My avr is really heavy.... SR 6009

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I used to use a belkin laptop cooler, USB powered with dual fans with my denon. It did help circulate air and keep the denon cool. It's been lying used though since I switched over to Marantz NR series.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I am using small 4.5 inch exhaust fan works on mains. Even after 2 - 3 hrs of use, AVR is as cool as ice.

if someone is coming in from the USA get this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVW4SLP?psc=1

That's a great product and looks cool too, especially the T9 model, a little pricy though but I guess it's worth it.

I used to use a computer fan on top of my previous receiver (onkyo) and it really worked great, but since I got this Denon, it runs cooler compared to the onkyo even though it's more power driven.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back