AVR Purchase queries

stevendsa

So I have finally decided on a Denon 2311 AVR.
I went through a ton of reviews, on websites and found the AVR to meet my requirements. Also looked at 2311 to future proof it for a few years.

My queries to the forum are below.

1. Denon 2311 AVR is available at 600 USD in the US for a week more, but I would need to wait till my visit in Oct to pick that up. Are there any other locations locally which would have a competitive price in India? upto +5k INR

2. Has anyone sourced Denon AVRs from Singapore and are they as competitively priced? I am due to travel there in a week and wouldn't mind getting a AVR from there if it helps me get started earlier. Any inputs on locations to review would be awesome.

3. I want to pick my AVR so I can audition speakers with my avr setup.
I am not sure how much difference I will observe in a setup audition with a Denon AVR 1610 vs the 2311 I plan to buy. Comments?

On a side note:
I enjoy listening extensively to classic rock and watching movies, 60/40 ratio more towards music. My system is planned for a 22x14 non treated hall.
I auditioned Dire Straits Brothers in Arms and Blue Man Group Complex DVD on the Denon 1910 AVR with multiple setups Def Tech ProCinema800, Polk Tsi400/CS20/PSW125/Tsi200s, Paradigm (forget the model here) and found varying results with the Denon for the same reference material.

Mate, just remember when you buy from US you will also need to invest 3/5 k in a step down transformer as the voltage there is 110V and here in india is 220V.

Besides warranty is also of importance as you wouldnt want to be spending through your nose on service.

If the eventual difference is amounting to 2/3 K then wiser to buy locally.

1. Denon 2311 AVR is available at 600 USD in the US for a week more, but I would need to wait till my visit in Oct to pick that up. Are there any other locations locally which would have a competitive price in India? upto +5k INR

The 2311 is a new product, and when you buy from regular dealers, the price difference will not be much. The current price for the 2311 is around 70K.

2. Has anyone sourced Denon AVRs from Singapore and are they as competitively priced? I am due to travel there in a week and wouldn't mind getting a AVR from there if it helps me get started earlier. Any inputs on locations to review would be awesome.

One of the issues with picking something from outside India is that you do not get warranty nor do you get any service support. That is the risk you have to take. Even when you buy from irregular sources within India, the issue is the same irrespective of what the seller says.

3. I want to pick my AVR so I can audition speakers with my avr setup. I am not sure how much difference I will observe in a setup audition with a Denon AVR 1610 vs the 2311 I plan to buy.

The 1610 and 2311 have substantial differences in power and processing capabilities. If you like what you hear with the 1610, the 2311 will sound vastly better. BUT, if you don't like the 1610, you cannot dismiss the 2311.

Cheers

Back