AVR replacement for Marantz SR6007

united

Hello
I have been using Marantz SR6007 since 2013. But in late 2017, due to HDMI reverse current from set top box(Tatasky) , the main board of the AVR got fried. Thus now I have to look for a replacement for the same.

My current configuration is :
Front: Monitor Audio RX6
Center: Monitor Audio RX Center
Sub-Woofer: Monitor Audio R370HD
Surround: Definitve Technology DI6.5R in-ceiling speakers.

Usage:
70% TV/Movies
30% Music

I have shortlisted:
Denon X2400H
Yamaha RX-V683

My question is:
1. Which is better in terms of reliability and sound quality ?
2. Are there any after-sales issue with either of the brands ?
3. I am considering the Yamaha Aventage series(RX-A870) as well. But besides power, is there any other difference between RX-V series and Aventage series ?

Thank you helping me out !

United

look at higher model of denon 4400,3400 etc which would be good for movies and they have higher auddessey calibration

From 6007, x2400 and RX-V 683 will be significant downgrade. Look at 6012/7012 or X4300 upwards or aventage series. Unless there is a budget problem, in which case at least SR 5012.
Among the two you have listed. it is very hard to differentiate, both in reliability and after sales. Good and bad experiences are there in both. Aventage sound quality is better than 683.

Hello
I have been using Marantz SR6007 since 2013. But in late 2017, due to HDMI reverse current from set top box(Tatasky) , the main board of the AVR got fried. Thus now I have to look for a replacement for the same.

Usage:
70% TV/Movies
30% Music

I have shortlisted:
Denon X2400H
Yamaha RX-V683

My question is:
1. Which is better in terms of reliability and sound quality ?
2. Are there any after-sales issue with either of the brands ?
3. I am considering the Yamaha Aventage series(RX-A870) as well. But besides power, is there any other difference between RX-V series and Aventage series ?

Thank you helping me out !

United

Hi

You will need to audition and decide,,,,both the proposed AVRs Denon and Yamaha have some differences in overall performance and certain features.....sound signature will also be different,,,,

As dr_rocket said 2400 and 683 definitely a downgrade, you have very good speaker setup..look into marantz sr 7011, 7012 or denon 4400.

Sad that your AVR gave up in a short time..

You have very good speakers..

I suppose you are looking for a 5.1.2 capable AVR, but you haven't mentioned your budget.. Consider Denon x 3300 / 3400, a 5.2.2 capable AVR with Audyssey XT 32..This would cost you anywhere between 70 ~ 80K INR..

From 6007, x2400 and RX-V 683 will be significant downgrade. Look at 6012/7012 or X4300 upwards or aventage series. Unless there is a budget problem, in which case at least SR 5012.
Among the two you have listed. it is very hard to differentiate, both in reliability and after sales. Good and bad experiences are there in both. Aventage sound quality is better than 683.

Yes. I understand that X2400 and RX-V683 is a downgrade. I have a budget and if my understanding is right 6012/7012 and X4300 are a lot more expensive.

I suppose you are looking for a 5.1.2 capable AVR, but you haven't mentioned your budget.. Consider Denon x 3300 / 3400, a 5.2.2 capable AVR with Audyssey XT 32..This would cost you anywhere between 70 ~ 80K INR..

Thanks.

My budget for AVR is 60 ~ 75K. You think it is possible to get X3300 for that price ?

Thanks.

My budget for AVR is 60 ~ 75K. You think it is possible to get X3300 for that price ?

Yes.. But try with different dealers & may be offline market too in your city.. Some might be fine to let it go for your price..

Denon x 3300 has the goodness (Audyssey XT32) that is in x 4300 and above models, also found in Marantz SR 6012/7012.. But x3300 is limited to 5.2.2, while the rest support 7.2.4..

Thanks.

If you can extend your budget a little more (I think by approx. 10k) and if you are willing to buy a grey market piece, then you may get SR6012 for around 85k. I read about this price somewhere in this forum itself.

If you can extend your budget a little more (I think by approx. 10k) and if you are willing to buy a grey market piece, then you may get SR6012 for around 85k. I read about this price somewhere in this forum itself.
I think we can get sr6012 with bill and warranty for around 96k.in grey market I think the price will be more lower.

Is there any difference between X3300 and X3400 besides the fact that X3300 is 2016 model and X3400 is 2017 model ?

If compare in crutch field there is no any difference between them, most features can be get by firmware update in 3300,

After reading all the posts/comments, I am beginning to consider Yamaha RX-A870 and Denon X3400H. If my understanding is right both the AVR should be comparable in terms of power and features. I am also increasing my budget to 75 ~ 85K.

Would be very helpful if the forum can let me know their views for the same. Also are there any other AVRs(models & brands) in this price range which can be suitable for my configuration ?

Does anyone know if yamaha RX-V683/RX-A870 support legacy surround sound formats such as Dolby Pro-logic II, DTS:Neo 6...?

After reading all the posts/comments, I am beginning to consider Yamaha RX-A870 and Denon X3400H. If my understanding is right both the AVR should be comparable in terms of power and features. I am also increasing my budget to 75 ~ 85K.

Would be very helpful if the forum can let me know their views for the same. Also are there any other AVRs(models & brands) in this price range which can be suitable for my configuration ?

Hi

Check with Dealers for the price of A870 and A1070....a FM Celester340 (mumbai based) got it for 20% discount...all depends on how much you negotiate and with whom....he picked the A1070....i seen it.....its a nice Elite class built AVR.....much ahead of the RX series....

Hi

Check with Dealers for the price of A870 and A1070....a FM Celester340 (mumbai based) got it for 20% discount...all depends on how much you negotiate and with whom....he picked the A1070....i seen it.....its a nice Elite class built AVR.....much ahead of the RX series....

Yes. I saw his thread just 15mins ago. I am just about to contact him.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back