Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:) Hello Friends,
Nice meeting you all and Good to know Banglore meet went well. Thanks !
Hiten

you see mahiruha,

my cover wasn't blown :D we are pros! in and out like ghosts :eek:hyeah:

Good Morning 007,
This is MI5, A new assignment has come up for you. From now on you will be working undercover as Steven Menezes a.k.a. "Stevieboy" you will be working as Hifi Vinyl Tube Enthusiast and your mission is to infiltrate Solid State Digital Hi Fi Entusiasts camp and Convert them to Tube & vinyl Sound fans. A lovely lady "'Lyrita' will be your accomplice.
P.S. : Be carefull James, these enthusiasts are intelligent and can get you with technical stuff...

Last edited:
Pics of ARN systems demo

The speakers we auditioned
Emerald Physics CS 3, Usher BE-718, Usher S-520...
6arn0.jpg

and Emerald Physics CS 2.3
6arn02.jpg

Ayon tube amp, Behringer loudspeaker management system, Ayon CD player and Usher amplifier
6arn7.jpg

Auditioning pics, that's Sridhar standing at the right. My special thanks to him for arranging this demo.
6arn1.jpg

6arn2.jpg

6arn3.jpg

Very nice pictures. Great setup George.Those speakers look wonderful.
Is the gentleman in yellow T shirt Mr James Bond???
Thanks.

ha ha ha i shall have to now kill you with my ray gun for being so persistent! buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! buzzzzzzzzzzzzz! buzzzzzzzz!

Good Morning 007,
This is MI5, A new assignment has come up for you. From now on you will be working undercover as Steven Menezes a.k.a. "Stevieboy" you will be working as Hifi Vinyl Tube Enthusiast and your mission is to infiltrate Solid State Digital Hi Fi Entusiasts camp and Convert them to Tube & vinyl Sound fans. A lovely lady "'Lyrita' will be your accomplice.
P.S. : Be carefull James, these ennthusiasts are intelligent and can get you with technical stuff...

shucks just when i got the babe and was sailing off on the horizon in a nice yacht. shucks. you're a mean taskmaster H!

edit: very hilarious by the way :)
there is one new prospect dropping in on thursday will do my best to convert him to toobs!

Last edited:
Good Morning 007,
P.S. : Be carefull James, these ennthusiasts are intelligent and can get you with technical stuff...
Good One Hiten:lol:

shucks just when i got the babe and was sailing off on the horizon in a nice yacht. shucks. you're a mean taskmaster H!
ROTFLMAO:lol:

@Mahiruha: Thanks for starting this off. If I am right this started on the "What is your name" thread.

Last edited:
Is the gentleman in yellow T shirt Mr James Bond???

Mahi, what made you think I was bond? Is it because I was sitting next to Suri or was it something else ;)

@Ramesh
You remembered all our names & faces!!! how do you do that? unbelievable...

@Antony
Thanks for the pics mate!

@Venkat, Kaushik, George & Suri
Thanks for all the gyan...I will be getting in touch with you offline for more

@all others...
It was great meeting so many ppl of like minds...too bad I cudn't catch up with each and everyone of you...Abhishek, I didn't even realize that you were there :rolleyes:

Maybe ppl who live close to each other can meet more often and keep the momentum going...

there is one new prospect dropping in on thursday will do my best to convert him to toobs!

hi steven,

i was just thinking - for all the younger guys starting off - they have but two paths- dames and music - and for them spending on toobs would be better than spending on b@@bs! - after all, toobs make beautiful music, but the person to whom those things (b@@bs) are attached usually screams discordantly!:)

regards

Last edited:
hi soulforged!

yes, even i dint get a chance to talk to you:sad:

i had reached around 11, probably i missed out on introductions.

and yes, regular meets with people living close is a great idea:)

@all others...
It was great meeting so many ppl of like minds...too bad I cudn't catch up with each and everyone of you...Abhishek, I didn't even realize that you were there :rolleyes:

Maybe ppl who live close to each other can meet more often and keep the momentum going...

You must do it 007.

By the way congratulations ! You are doing good. Already people are calling you steven :D

hi steven,

i was just thinking - for all the younger guys starting off - they have but two paths- dames and music - and for them spending on toobs would be better than spending on b@@bs! - after all, toobs make beautiful music, but the person to whom those things are attached usually screams discordantly!:)

regards

grin GRIN :D

yeah you can always trade toobs :D

i'll let you in on a secret. this is precisely why the kiss was invented. the vocal cords are silenced. bonus they think you're being romantic ;) smooth!

wot say eh?

hey sachi,

your dad didnt make it? he'd have fit right in! a varied bunch of enthusiastic and friendly people.

regards

In case anyonbe wants to jump aboard the digital bandwagon there's a 1TB internal HDD listed on craigslist Bangalore at 3800.

George

Thank you George..

0n HDD side do check ITWares (seller) on techenclave forums..
bangalore buyers can ask me where to get for a seagate variant of 1TB for 4k or less with B&W.

There are open source variants of NAS and media servers check these :

BeagleBoard/James - eLinux.org uses beagleboard(hardware)

the 34$ NAS on ebay:

Netgear SC101 IDE HDD NAS LAN Network Attached Storage - eBay (item 370318208330 end time Feb-08-10 11:27:35 PST)
SC101NA__4.jpg

Ask KMD to get it.

Sridhar

The open baffles look gorgeous, and I will definitely come by for an audition.

Prakash:

Thanks for the compliment on the house. We had a good architect( who has also designed my brother's house) design it, and his emphasis on natural lighting and good ventilation can be seen best during daylight hours. He has trained and worked in Europe, and his designs are contemporary.

All:

I'm planning a trip soon to see Santhosh's HT room and get some ideas/suggestions so that I can finish mine off as soon as possible. In case anyone is intersted we can tie up details, so that Santhosh can explain his ideas to a group. I plan to take a couple of my friends along, but there will be space for two more in my car should anyone want to come along.

Santhosh: Would like to do it this weekend if possible since my son from the US is coming next Saturday morning. Please let me know a good time, prefer Saturday to Sunday.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back