Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At some point in the meet, I was able to count 26 of us. I shall try and post names of Members who made it to the meet. I will require help of others who have attended to add the names that I missed. Ok, here goes (ofcourse, in no particular order)

1) GeorgeO
2) Venkatcr
3) Suri
4) Buswal (Subbiah)
5) Prakasee (Prakash)
6) gbanavar (Ganesh)
7) t.anthony (Anthony)
8) Hifipal4all (Ramesh)
9) cmsajith (Sajith)
9) cary_audio_design (Abhishek)
10) Philip (george's friend)
11) Philip's colleague (?)
12) Subhash
13) Subhash's friend
14) Kaushik
15) Sudhir
16) Senthil
17) Soulforged
18) Nizarp (Nizar)
19) Gobble (Rahul)
20) Guns
21) sgmane
22) Aneelr (Aneel)
23) Santhosh (myself)
24)
25)
26)

you see mahiruha,

my cover wasn't blown :D we are pros! in and out like ghosts :eek:hyeah:

I carefully went through the slides again, and I don't seem to have mentioned that anywhere. In slide no 6 (heading 'What is Digital?'), I mentioned the following points:

Cheers

hmmmm i did get the impression you were espousing digital is better than analog. convenient i agree quality i dont. :)

we shall probably meet at the squeezebox store eh? :D

regards

hi friends!

it was wonderful to meet all of you guys.

Thanks a ton to Mr. and Mrs. George for kindly providing the venue and the great food.

regards,
Abhishek

Philip's friend is Vinny who is on this forum, and is now assembling ss amplifiers, I don't know his handle. Subhash's friend is Nadir, who is from my school, like Suri.

I know him but didn't know about him being an audio enthusiast- among other things, he has Goodman speakers and Quad amps, and a B & O tt with lots of vinyl, so I plan going for a session at his house. He was as surprised to see me yesterday as I was to see him, and took me initially for one of the participants!

George

Hi Santosh,

This behringer concept is something very interesting specially it can correct problems taking into account room dimensions, distance from wall(s) etc. Is it a EP only product or product like this are available that can be coupled with normal speakers.
Thanks.
It may not be as good as dedicated behringer.. but some room correction can be done with software plugins for pc based playback ..

For PC based play back I use izotope (free version) with xmPlay ..and all the ASIO etc added .. Try the "warm and airy" ,preset..
Going through these tricks to make it full..Making iZotope Ozone Plugin Fully Functional with XMPlay

there some are foobar plugins too ..

hmmmm i did get the impression you were espousing digital is better than analog. convenient i agree quality i dont. :)

we shall probably meet at the squeezebox store eh? :D

A smart presenter always pushes the audiences' thought processes in the direction that he wants, and lets them think they are making the conclusions themselves !!! So if you made any conclusions from the subtle messages I sent into your brain, only you are responsible for it. :)

And of course let us head for the Squeezebox store.

Cheers

Hi folks,

It was indeed a great pleasure to meet our forum members. Thanks to Venkat and Suri to have come so far to meet us. It was a very good and useful presentation from Venkat and Kaushik.

Special thanks to sud98 and Santhosh for making this happen and to Anthony for his professional photographs.

Thanks to George for hosting us. George, your house is really beautiful with very good natural lighting. And the barbequed chicken and mushroom were excellent. Special thanks to your wife who prepared those dishes.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Guys here are the pics :)

1venket.jpg

Venket's presentation on analogue vs digital.

2george.jpg

George describing his diy setup.

3snacks.jpg

Snacks time... My special thanks to our hosts George and Susan for the barbequed mushrooms, zucchinis, chicken, Samosas, Puff, cake, vattayappam and other goodies. Also thanks to the guys who brought soft drinks for all of us.

4kaushikn.jpg

Kaushik's presentation on silver diy interconnects.

For those guys who like to do the soldering yourself check out these links on making a diy jig for holding the wires in place.

helping hands,

and the one i use at home

2aria.jpg

Geroge's AriaR MTM.

2fostex.jpg

2fostex2.jpg

George's fostex floor standers. This was my first chance at listening to a fostex, and Im hooked. The type of music and volume setting was perfect. I am glad that George mentioned another occasion for auditioning.

Georges passive radiator sub and the Joplin amp that drives the floorstanders
2prsub.jpg

Group pics...
0group.jpg

I am sure many of us don't get the chance to speak to everyone in the room - we missed our introductions. Request the modes to edit this post below with the names & handles please.

5group1.jpg

5group2.jpg

5group3.jpg

5group4.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pictures. Great setup George.Those speakers look wonderful.
Is the gentleman in yellow T shirt Mr James Bond???
Thanks.

Thanks for the Pic's and write-up everyone has provided so far. Good to see real faces.

Is Santosh the one in Brown shirt?

Dear Pals,

I thank all of you who were present for this wonderful meet and folks who could not make it ... pls do not miss it next time :)

A very special thanks to .....
Sudhir for initiating this memorable meet ...
George/Mrs.George for being a wonderful host & sharing the space at their beautiful home for this meet ...
Santhosh for contribution in setting up the place & systems ...
Venkat for his valuable presentation ...
Sridhar (ARN Systems) for sparing his valuable time for the demo session.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Photo 1: aneelr (Aneel) - cmsajith (Sajith) - GeorgeO (George) - hifipal4all (Ramesh) - Santhol2 (Santhosh)
Photo 2: gsenthil99 (Senthil) - Kaushik (Kaushik) - soulforged (Narendra) - suri (Suri) - sgmane (Manebarathy)
Photo 3: stevieboy (Steven) - buswal (Subbiah) - venkatcr (Venkat) - gobble (Rahul) - cary_audio_design (Abhishek)
Photo 4: nizarp (Nizar) - Ranjith (Abhiskek's collegue) - t.antony (Antony) - prakasee (Prakash) - sud98 (Sudhir) - Guns (Gunaranjan)
Photo 5: Nadir (Subhash's friend) - subash (Subhash) - Behind them person with spectacles & checked shirt is Philip & next to him with the dark blue t-shirt is Philip's colleague Vinny

Attachments

• 5group1.jpg
    5group1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 5group2.jpg
    5group2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 151
  • 5group3.jpg
    5group3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 5group4.jpg
    5group4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 3snacks.jpg
    3snacks.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 151
I couldn't attend 'cause Iam in Hyderabad.. :sad:

But here's my foto.. Guess we shud start a new thread for the fotos?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks Mahi for the compliment.

Another speaker system was in the room-using Scanspeaks but the 18W 8545 mid is out of order on one speaker so I have disconnected it and kept it aside, so it was not photographed. I will be sending it to the US to get repaired and hope to have it up and running by March/April.

My two subs also don't seem to have been photographed-the PRs would have been interesting to see. My DAC was also not connected.Hopefully when the next time I host such an event comes around (whenever that will happen) the HT room will be completed and I will have adequate space to do two auditions simultaneously.
I will start working on a PP presentation of my diy stuff sometime next month, and will be ready for the next such meet.

I tell all my golfing friends that we golfers are a friendly fraternity. I think we audio buffs also fall in that category.

Cheers

George

It was great meeting so many wonderful people. A special thanks to george and his wife, susan for being such wonderful hosts; santosh for taking the baton in organizing the meet and venkat for travelling all the way from chennai only to put sub-concious digital thoughts into our brains :)
A personal thanks to ramesh for remembering all names as well giving us the route to get back to our place, else with soulforge and my skills we would have never reached home :)
I guess we should meet again shortly, however, not sure of many homes in blr that can accomodate 25 ppl.

Sudhir

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back