Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sud98

Hi Guys (since it has been confirmed there are no gals :))

Can we meet up in Bangalore like the meet in Chennai? I think we have enough AV followers in Blr to meet up.

We could do it a regular meet (once a month) and meet at individual homes or meet at a restaurant or such.

I would personally prefer the first as there are no time limits and discussions can be more informal.

If we have enough people lets kickstart it.

sure, lets do it! in jan preferably though :) someone can volunteer their set up to listen to and we'll all pile on :) i have a restriction of weekend evenings being booked. am free before 5 and after 8.

regards

Sud: You beat me. I had the same idea (starting a thread). Thank you. Bangy Boys lets have a meet.

Aha!!!!

I request the same in the chennai thread itself ................ guess nobody gave attention.

Atlast the bulbs have started to glow............JUST KIDDING FRIENDS.

I'm also in!!!!!!! ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!!!

cheers.

Aha!!!!

I request the same in the chennai thread itself ................ guess nobody gave attention.

Atlast the bulbs have started to glow............JUST KIDDING FRIENDS.

I'm also in!!!!!!! ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!!!

cheers.

Bangalore meet was supposed to start last year itself and it got postponed at the last moment (I went to the venue w/o knowing that:sad:). And it never happened. I am really glad its coming up again...

Bangalore meet was supposed to start last year itself and it got postponed at the last moment (I went to the venue w/o knowing that:sad:). And it never happened. I am really glad its coming up again...

This time it will happen for sure :). Can we add a poll for the dates??

count me in...

could we have an agenda for such meets? It could be -
  • introductions
  • listening session
  • gyan session by some of our senior HFV members (do we have a bangalore versioin of venkatcr?)
  • The commercial members could pitch in with a demo or two

maybe I'm being too lofty...but what say you?

We could do it a regular meet (once a month) and meet at individual homes or meet at a restaurant or such.

Choose the venue carefully. What are important are the following:

1. Seating for 25 to 30 people
2. White board, projector
3. At least one laptop
4. A small area for demo
5. Snacks etc.
6. Choose topics for discussion and at least 2 or 3 people need to make preparation.

I am not sure a restaurant is good. It will be noisy and you will not be able to hear each other well.

PS:

If you don't find a Bangalore version of VenkatCR, maybe I can travel to Bangalore for the meeting. :):).

Cheers

Last edited:
To hear another presentation of VenkatCR and also ofcourse to get out of city for a ride, love to join Banglore meet also...

Nice inputs Venkat. I will wait for atleast 10 ppl to say yes, then add a poll for the date. I feel the lesser time we give people to mull its better.

Can we get the dealer members to sponsor the location :) ARN/Absolute phase, anyone listening?

Excellent guys, I think Venkat summarized it well.

Also, ensure one person coordinates the whole thing so its easy to plan all.

Choose the venue carefully. What are important are the following:

1. Seating for 25 to 30 people
2. White board, projector
3. At least one projector
4. A small area for demo
5. Snacks etc.
6. Choose topics for discussion and at least 2 or 3 people need to make preparation.

I am not sure a restaurant is good. It will be noisy and you will not be able to hear each other well.

PS:

If you don't find a Bangalore version of VenkatCR, maybe I can travel to Bangalore for the meeting. :):).

Cheers

Which simply means we can bank on you coming to Delhi as and when we get around to do something similar here in Delhi...

I am on for the meet in Bangalore if its before 25th. After that I will be v. busy for few weeks. I can make a presentation if necessary - will leverage what Venkat has done toady. Need a projector though.,

Mid to late jan is best for me. I will not be around for the next few weekends.

Regards

I am on for the meet in Bangalore if its before 25th. After that I will be v. busy for few weeks. I can make a presentation if necessary - will leverage what Venkat has done toady. Need a projector though.,

Let me know Mars, and I can send you the PPT. You are welcome to edit/change/add to it anyway you think fit.

Actually, if this works out, some of us can work together to create a set of PPTs that all of us can share and use. During the meeting here, some topics that came to mind include the following:

1. Music genres/types and what to expect
2. The emergence of DAC as an important component
3. The emergence of HD based units (PC, NMT, etc) as a viable source
4. The installation and proper use of an HT system
5. Importance of minimal room acoustics
6. Stereo vs 5.1/7.1 music
7. Class of amps and their meaning (A, B, C, D, Darlington, Push/Pull, etc)

These are not exact titles but more to suggest the topics.

Cheers

Last edited:
Which simply means we can bank on you coming to Delhi as and when we get around to do something similar here in Delhi...

Well, travelling to Bangalore from Chennai is relatively less expensive. My only issue will be the travel and boarding costs. Otherwise I have no issues. I would love to have my favorite Chole/Bhature and other eatables.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well, travelling to Bangalore from Chennai is relatively less expensive. My only issue will be the travel and boarding costs. Otherwise I have no issues.

Cheers

Hey, you can stay at my palce if needed, no problem regadring that. Most probably the metting would be a weekend(I guess), and I'm off from work on 2 days of the weekends.

cheers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back