Be careful with shop and ship/Aramex

sidvee

This is my second order with them, my first an amazon kindle was delivered without any problem so I was happy to deal with them and even let them know (Ms. Anuradha Iyer and Mr. Hassan Shaikh). I ordered 2 wattgate connectors from Amazon (shipped by parts express), nothing super expensive $50 total, but the 20 amp. iec I ordered was very important to me as this is not avaiable in India - at-least that I know of. Delivery speed was good, box delivered yesterday with Rs.1200 customs and delivery charge. When I opened the box today, the 20 amp. iec was missing, the other 3 prong plug was there. I looked at the Parts express printed invoice. Both parts were listed, but somebody with a pink ball point pen had put '0' against the quantity column of the 20 amp. iec and drew a star around it. Not sure if some 'SOB' in the Mumbai customs office decided to steal the part - wonder what he wants with a 20 amp. iec:mad:, maybe he thinks it is a toy or will sell it in the local electrical market so he can buy a bottle of country liquor, or if someone from Aramex lost the part. Anyways I let Aramex know about it. Waiting for their respnse. Quite sure nothing will be done, I have to eat the loss, but more importantly Aramex has lost me as a customer. Whether it is their fault or not, it is their responsibility to clear customs, and deliver my package intact. I was planning to use them for much bigger value items from US- at-least in the few thousand dollar range, but I rather stick with DHL or Fedex now. So beware if you use their service in the future. I have scanned the invoice with the marking, if anybody is interested I can send it, and I have sent the same to Aramex. In order to be fair to Aramaex I will update this thread as and when I receive information from them.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your experience,

Sad to say but these days I am scared to touch any service or business with an Indian touch. Level of honesty in business and service disappeared.

Last 2 days in this site itself we came across the bitter experience with

Swish
Aramex

Even at big business it is not different for example Kingfisher, saradha chit fund, & Deccan Cargo etc

We are in a stage where honesty and values in personal life is becoming paper weight and same reflect in society and business.

An update - Have been in touch with Mr. Hassan Shaikh. One thing positive is that there is prompt response and quick communication from Aramex's side. Mr. Shaikh has already sent me 2 mails today, and has offered have the box picked up and the matter investigated. Let me see where this will end up. Stay tuned.
Cheers,
Sid

I have been using Aramex for sometime now.. and have got quite a few items from both US and UK. Though I have not always been happy with their delivery times which incidentally has worsened recently.. other aspects have never given issues and I have always received the packages intact. And that includes big items like amplifier and smaller items like capacitors and resistors.

Its unfortunate what sidvee has faced. But as he also mentioned, they have a prompt customer service and hopefully things will work out.

Btw.. I think Aramex SnS has insurance included. Can't you go that route?

Btw.. I think Aramex SnS has insurance included. Can't you go that route?

Not sure Tirthanker. I have given the info. to them, along with scanned documents as well as photos of the box. Since the box is routed through so many steps/stops, US office, Indian Customs, Indian Mumbai Office, Indian Hyderabad office, it is easy to open the box and pilfer something, so I am not sure what they will conclude and what their insurance covers. IMO it was done by someone who knew what the product was, as the $32 iec is missing vs the $15, 3 prong plug. I know for a fact customs verifies prices of supplied invoice via google searches etc., so there lies my general suspicion. Anyways hope they resolve the situation. Otherwise I will end up paying $75 for a $15 3 prong wattgate plug:mad:.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Hydra. My experience mirrors yours, except in one area. The US shipper of my plugs is Parts Express whom I have used perhaps 75-100 times in the past when I lived in the US. I had '0' problems. So I am 100% certain that the part was pilfered either by our esteemed Customs department (My opinion of them is very low, including the Officers who are selected via civil services, as I have seen them in action at the Hyderabad/Chennai air Cargo office for my business imports - Most of them are a bunch of crooks who need to be arrested) or the incompetence of Aramex. And I am in a similar situation as yourself, I have all the packaging etc. but if Aramex wants me to go to their office, I rather forget about the $30 item as it is too much hassle and time. And it will be the last time I will use their service because there is no guarantee that it will not happen in the future.
Cheers,
Sid

Further update. Along with letting Aramex know I also complained to Amazon, the original seller of the items. Now as many of you know Amazon is absolutely straight in dealing with issues. They want customer satisfaction first. So they are sending a second wattgate 20amp iec, through parts express, as part of the original order. Unfortunately, I will end up paying shipping and customs again, but at-least I will have the part (hopefully it will make it this time). As indicated in my last post I do not want to deal with the hassle and time of sending my box back to Aramex for their investigation etc. I guess as far as I am concerned the matter is resolved albeit at some extra cost, though not sure where my opinion with Aramex stands. I will take a call in the future. However I do appreciate their prompt communication, which IMO, is an important service consideration.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I bought an iPhone 5 from a seller on Amazon. It reached SnS office on 15th and they updated my package after 2 emails to Aramex India. Now, I'm seeing that the "Product Description" says Empty Box / Missing. What do you mean by that ? How come those SnS guys know that the box is empty ? So they sneak into every package they receive ? I emailed the seller and he provided me the packing slip which says 13oz. (no headphone) and SnS says 0.12lb when the phone is only 3.95oz. I've already reported this to Anuradha and Hassan and they're looking into this matter. This has never happened to me before. Seller shipped the package via USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation.

Yep, I just checked. Your case is different. You received the package, opened the package and nothing. Mine is empty (as they claim) when it reached their SnS operation facility in NY.

Received a pricture of the "empty box" which says KWI on the side. I'm not a resident of Kuwait, am I ? :D

My opinion of them is very low, including the Officers who are selected via civil services, as I have seen them in action at the Hyderabad/Chennai air Cargo office for my business imports - Most of them are a bunch of crooks who need to be arrested.
Sid

While coming back from China, i was held for 3 hrs consecutively by customs officials at airport, because they were unable to get a price of a specific part over google, The part was unique enough for that purpose later they said, they are letting me go because this part looks like a sample and therefore has no commercial value[as a matter of fact i told them this already , repeatedly but they ignored]. They were looking so sad because they were unable to make quick buck in my case :eek:hyeah:

Reading all posts, i would suggest things like iphone should be shipped through reliable shipper(DHL/FEDX) they are costly but reliable.

@All

I would like to purchase a XOLO Q3000 from Amazon.co.in and have it shipped to South Africa. I live in South Africa and have no address in India.

How can I have the cellphone delivered to me because Amazon will not ship to South Africa.

Thanks for the help!

@All

I would like to purchase a XOLO Q3000 from Amazon.co.in and have it shipped to South Africa. I live in South Africa and have no address in India.

How can I have the cellphone delivered to me because Amazon will not ship to South Africa.

Thanks for the help!

You can try either ebay.co.uk or amazon.co.uk as most of the UK based sites deliver to South Africa as it being a former (most recent) British colony.

Thanks!
Does ebay-india deliver to South Africa?
Amazon-UK does not have the Q3000.

I think none of the Indian sites deliver outside India including ebay.in. There are some sites in SA as well right, did you check whether they have this model listed. If not try your luck on amazon.com if they deliver to SA.

I think none of the Indian sites deliver outside India including ebay.in. There are some sites in SA as well right, did you check whether they have this model listed. If not try your luck on amazon.com if they deliver to SA.

Xolo is not sold in SA.
I want to see the phone quality.

I'm going to buy it from Amazon-India and ship it through Shop&Ship.
I'll take the chance.

Have you seen the phone?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back