Bedroom speaker in 40k budget

Sanchitpkl

Hi,
I’m an active user of Denon 2600H and Dali 5 ch setup in my Living Room. Thanks to fellow FMs for helping me out last year in the decision process.

Now, I’m looking to buy a bedroom speaker.
Requirements:
- 40k budget range
- Casual music listening (Mixed Genre: English, Hindi, Punjabi)
- Don’t have space for a Stereo Amp with Bookshelfs in the bedroom
- Fine with both Wired as well as Portable

I’ve shortlisted Marshall, Preference 1: Stanmore, Preference 2: Acton (Not considering Woburn, too huge and bulky).

Need help in recommendations from fellow FMs. Which other brands apart from Marshall offer speakers in 40k range and meet my requirements.

Hi,
I’m an active user of Denon 2600H and Dali 5 ch setup in my Living Room. Thanks to fellow FMs for helping me out last year in the decision process.

Requirements:
- 40k budget range

I’ve shortlisted Marshall, Preference 1: Stanmore, Preference 2: Acton (Not considering Woburn, too huge and bulky).

Need help in recommendations from fellow FMs. Which other brands apart from Marshall offer speakers in 40k range and meet my requirements.

Perhaps this one?

Bang N Olufsen

Or Look at Swans / Edifier Bluetooth speakers 2.0 line up...Flipkart has some deals currently on.

The Stanmore are excellent, been in the stable for about 3 years now and sound refreshing each time I power them on. I had played it vs the entire Harman Kardon/JBL lineup and these sounded much better to me. One speaker I liked the looks of but have never auditioned are the " Klipsch the III" , see if you can audition the same.

As its just for casual (or bedroom) use, just get a JBL Boombox. Its sounds terrific for what it is. Single speaker solutions don't get better than this.

If you must have stereo and not notice it, just get two JBL Flip 5's and pair them. It does not get more compact than this.

If you are on the Apple eco system, the Home Pod Mini is a great sounding little speaker. Same as the JBL, you can pair 2 for stereo use.

Last edited:
Hi,

Requirements:
- 40k budget range

I would recommend Sonos Play 1, it’s enough to fill the room with sound, great bass

Get any good Tower from classifieds section along with a Chromecast audio from classifieds and you won't have to compromise on sound quality to go for mini speakers

As its just for casual (or bedroom) use, just get a JBL Boombox. Its sounds terrific for what it is. Single speaker solutions don't get better than this.

If you must have stereo and not notice it, just get two JBL Flip 5's and pair them. It does not get more compact than this.

If you are on the Apple eco system, the Home Pod Mini is a great sounding little speaker. Same as the JBL, you can pair 2 for stereo use.
Thanks for the suggestion. But I’m not really looking for a stereo setup, hassle of charging again n again, pairing both of them. I want a no-hassle speaker.

The Stanmore are excellent, been in the stable for about 3 years now and sound refreshing each time I power them on. I had played it vs the entire Harman Kardon/JBL lineup and these sounded much better to me. One speaker I liked the looks of but have never auditioned are the " Klipsch the III" , see if you can audition the same.
Hey @fLUX,
Sure will try to audition Klipsch 3.
And what about Bose/Sonos vs Marshall? Hope you’ve done some comparison in the Under 50k range.

I auditioned the Bose Soundlink and few other models (dont really remember the name now) of Bose so many times that the storekeeper could recognize me by the face. They sounded and looked nice however did not give that connect, Marshall Stanmore made quiet a few eyes turn when played in Croma (not exagerrating) and they were loud and pumping good bass even in a store that large. Budget was 20k and I paid 27.5k(BT model, not WIFI) for the Marshall Stanmore , did not audition the Sonos range.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I’m not really looking for a stereo setup, hassle of charging again n again, pairing both of them. I want a no-hassle speaker.
You may need to charge that speaker no more than once or twice a week! Any which way you look at it, power needs to flow to the speaker. We don't have loudspeakers that don't work without some form of power flowing to them.

With regard to pairing, its automatic. You do it only once and thats when you unbox the speaker. You'll have to do this with just about any speaker you buy. Thats my experience with the JBL Horizon I have set up in my sons bedroom. This one needs to be plugged into the wall. No internal battery. Its also not network dependent nor does it have any smart speaker krapp. I am a bit nervous about the latter but others might have a different take on this or find the smartness convenient. I prefer not to have a speaker listening in on me.

I have the IKEA Sympfonisk that I bought from the IKEA India website. Two of them cost less than 20k and are wireless. They are made by Sonos and use the Sonos app. They sound fantastic for the price. Really good!

I would highly suggest vifa oslo over marshall stanmore or any other wireless speakers under 40k

If you’re still on the lookout do stretch a little and get the Sonos Fives. Absolutely brilliant speakers. Have 4 of them and they are absolutely fantastic.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back