Belden speaker cable - India

akrish01

Hi Everyone,

I wrote to Belden India & they quoted a price of approx Rs. 100 per metre for Belden 5000UE (grey jacket 12 awg) for a roll of 1000 feet (305 metres). My requirement is only 50 m. So, if anyone else is interested in this product, we can probably pool together & buy it. Let me know.

regards

Arvind

Akrish:

Raghu of Decibel stocks and sells the Belden cable in retail. I will be bringing the cable for the HFV meet on 27th.

Cheers

venkat sir, i remember that you had posted the same info in some other thread also. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the meet on 27th due to some other personal commitments. I'm also trying to get the best price for the cable. I'm sure Raghu can get the cable that I need but I'm just trying to find out if I get a better price. I enquired in US & the same cable is avl for approx rs. 80 per metre. I'm sure that the same will cost no less than Rs. 150 per metre in India.

regards

Arvind

I'm sure Raghu can get the cable that I need but I'm just trying to find out if I get a better price. I enquired in US & the same cable is avl for approx rs. 80 per metre. I'm sure that the same will cost no less than Rs. 150 per metre in India.

You will not get US prices in India.

If you want better price than what Belden sells in India, the only way is to buy it from US or some other country. In India, the retail price will be around 150 per meter. I believe there is a shop in Mumbai that also sells Belden cables in retail. I am not sure what the price will be.

Cheers

I am surprised. In fact, I got the 5000UE for .5 USD per Feet. Thats like 1.5 dollars/ meter which is around 150 rs/ meter. So in India it costs 50 rs less than US?

Also, add US shipping so the cost was around 160 rs / meter!!

I am surprised. In fact, I got the 5000UE for .5 USD per Feet. Thats like 1.5 dollars/ meter which is around 150 rs/ meter. So in India it costs 50 rs less than US?

Also, add US shipping so the cost was around 160 rs / meter!!

The price that was quoted was when you buy a 1000 feet ! In retail, it will be around 150. I am sure if you buy a whole roll in the US, you will get it cheaper that 50 cents a feet.

Cheers

... I'm also trying to get the best price for the cable. I'm sure Raghu can get the cable that I need but I'm just trying to find out if I get a better price. I enquired in US & the same cable is avl for approx rs. 80 per metre. I'm sure that the same will cost no less than Rs. 150 per metre in India.

regards

Arvind

I think you are getting a reasonable rate with Belden India. Remember that your net price dependent upon by the quantity and also the shipping/handling costs and profits (if you are purchasing in the retail channel).

to all above
zee belden cable is availble in Mumbai as venkat says

i think i got it for about 135 here too ( about 8 months ago )

just buy them off retail
the 1694 Interconnect cable is for about 110

Hi everyone,

So, not many people seem to be interested in the belden speaker cable. Rockstar1630, I'll take your requirement as 50 metres as it is easier to account. We need 6 people who can take 50 metres each to close the deal. So, we need 4 more people apart from myself & Rockstar1630.

I've been getting daily reminders from belden by email & by phone. They seem quite keen on closing the deal & one person even told me he could give me a better price to close the deal. If nobody else is interested, Rockstar1630 & I would probably pool together to get just 100 metres. Price might be 10% more than originally quoted. Is that ok Rockstar1630?

For those who think this is not such a good idea, I explain below:

This is a 12 awg speaker cable which would sell for at least Rs. 150 per metre when purchased from a retailer. But we're getting it at a wholesale price of approx Rs. 100 per metre. So, that's a saving of Rs. 50 per metre. So, if I buy 50 metres, my total saving is Rs. 50 x 50 metres = Rs. 2,500/-. Plus since we're getting it direct from company, quality is assured. I hope this is clear. The only way to get a better price than this is to buy directly from the US.

regards

Arvind

Last edited:
I've been getting daily reminders from belden by email & by phone. They seem quite keen on closing the deal & one person even told me he could give me a better price to close the deal.

Seems Belden is really looking for business. I see this as room to negotiate further.

For those who think this is not such a good idea, I explain below:

This is a 12 awg speaker cable which would sell for at least Rs. 150 per metre when purchased from a retailer. But we're getting it at a wholesale price of approx Rs. 100 per metre. So, that's a saving of Rs. 50 per metre. So, if I buy 50 metres, my total saving is Rs. 50 x 50 metres = Rs. 2,500/-. Plus since we're getting it direct from company, quality is assured. I hope this is clear. The only way to get a better price than this is to buy directly from the US.

regards

Arvind

I need only 3+3 mtrs. The way you put the deal is like this.

A smoker smokes GoldFlakes which cost say rs 2/- per ciggie. Now a friend comes along and and says, why dont you switch to Bristol? It costs only rupees one!!. For each ciggie you smoke you save Re 1/-. For 10 ciggies you save Re 10/-. In 1 year you save 3650/- and in 10 years you can buy a two wheeler for 36K!! Quite tempting for a broke hostelite no? :)

I only want 6mtrs which is the equivalent of a beedi. Any scope for me? :D

Cheers

I need only 3+3 mtrs. The way you put the deal is like this.

A smoker smokes GoldFlakes which cost say rs 2/- per ciggie. Now a friend comes along and and says, why dont you switch to Bristol? It costs only rupees one!!. For each ciggie you smoke you save Re 1/-. For 10 ciggies you save Re 10/-. In 1 year you save 3650/- and in 10 years you can buy a two wheeler for 36K!! Quite tempting for a broke hostelite no? :)

I only want 6mtrs which is the equivalent of a beedi. Any scope for me? :D

Cheers

not too sure if this deal is going to successful. so far we have had takers for 195 meters at best. And for 6 meters, i don't think u will save much as the material which is in mumbai would have to come to me in chennai & then i would have to send it to u. i don't think it is worth the trouble. u better buy if off retail. Price will be attractive only for requirement of 30 metres & above.

arvind

does belden has a electric power cable for use in wall cabling which can be used for dedicated power line for audio system and if yes where in bombay it is available,somebody suggested lapp india,i would like to know more about lapp and also from where in US romex can be sourced

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back