benifits of multiple subs(2 or 4)??

manu4panjab

brothers last day i was checking atleast 5 sites in which i found all the writers wrote multiple subs are good how many of us here have multiple subs are multiple subs that good are they really smoothen bass response right now i have polk dsw pro 600 and it reaches close to my bass needs (not fully but its there :eek:hyeah: )

so brothers any suggestion for multiple subs i have 2 polk psw 125 before but both of them got damage so i don't get chance for fully test two subs together so i'm waiting 4 ur reply

strategically placed they would cancel out peaks and dips in the room and would in an ideal condition give uniform bass in the entire room.

brothers last day i was checking atleast 5 sites in which i found all the writers wrote multiple subs are good how many of us here have multiple subs are multiple subs that good are they really smoothen bass response right now i have polk dsw pro 600 and it reaches close to my bass needs (not fully but its there :eek:hyeah: )

so brothers any suggestion for multiple subs i have 2 polk psw 125 before but both of them got damage so i don't get chance for fully test two subs together so i'm waiting 4 ur reply

2 subs placed together will give you a 6 db gain in LFE. but will not help with room nodes

Place at different points of the room, (the recommended points for a rectangular room being midpoint of the wall in front and the midpoint of the wall at the back) will help you with room nodes, ensuring more uniform bass wherever you sit. (i'm sure you experienced places in the room with strong bass, and some with weak bass)

check this link for a slightly techy discussion on this..

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurComp...p/Documents/Scientific Publications/13680.pdf

cheers

kapil

slightly OT - what is your experience with the DSW600? i was evaluating buying one; but pro-fx did not have it in stock; I checked out the DSW500 with my tone generator and spl meter, and found very low useful output below 35hz in room. Is the 600 a significant step up? do you have a spl meter? could you check?
cheers

2 subs placed together will give you a 6 db gain in LFE. but will not help with room nodes

Place at different points of the room, (the recommended points for a rectangular room being midpoint of the wall in front and the midpoint of the wall at the back) will help you with room nodes, ensuring more uniform bass wherever you sit. (i'm sure you experienced places in the room with strong bass, and some with weak bass)

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurComp...p/Documents/Scientific Publications/13680.pdf

cheers

kapil
Read a few pages, will continue reading over the weekend. Fantastic read, can understand the gist that the author is trying to convey except for the really technical stuff. It is indeed very technical just like you mentioned. We may need someone technical sound to explain this to us in a language that we mortals understand:).

Thanks for sharing!!

cheers

kapil

slightly OT - what is your experience with the DSW600? i was evaluating buying one; but pro-fx did not have it in stock; I checked out the DSW500 with my tone generator and spl meter, and found very low useful output below 35hz in room. Is the 600 a significant step up? do you have a spl meter? could you check?
cheers

ya i have experienced weak and strong bass when i move in room from one place to another and about dsw pro 600 i'm quiet happy with it ,i don't have spl metre though but as for its review reviewer said it go down to 25hz ,i might add another dsw pro 600 :licklips:

Last edited:
Manu, given your insatiable hunger for bass, what you should look at is something like the Paradigm Ref Sig Sub2 (Slideshow: The 15 Best Products at CEDIA Expo 2009 - Paradigm Ref Sig Sub2 - Cedia Expo 2009 - Cedia News Slideshow from CE Pro). The thing has 10 drivers, 4500 watts amplification, goes down to 6Hz (that is right, it is zero six) and delivers 128dB of sound pressure.

This should be enough to get you arrested for disturbing the neighbourhood and breaking all the glasses within half a square mile.

BTW, Hsu subs are reaching India by mid of February. So if you need, Sharath can sell you a few Hsu subs.

Cheers

or you could setup a replicate of Kipnis' Outer Limits Theater, which has got 16 18-inch (45.7-centimeter) subwoofers,
home-theater-top-ten-12.jpg

the entire setup does not cost much, only $6 million.:D

ENJOY!!!!.

cheers

P.S:- On one of the THX demo disc, they recomend 4 subs, one for each wall(in the center)

Manu, given your insatiable hunger for bass, what you should look at is something like the Paradigm Ref Sig Sub2 (Slideshow: The 15 Best Products at CEDIA Expo 2009 - Paradigm Ref Sig Sub2 - Cedia Expo 2009 - Cedia News Slideshow from CE Pro). The thing has 10 drivers, 4500 watts amplification, goes down to 6Hz (that is right, it is zero six) and delivers 128dB of sound pressure.

This should be enough to get you arrested for disturbing the neighbourhood and breaking all the glasses within half a square mile.

BTW, Hsu subs are reaching India by mid of February. So if you need, Sharath can sell you a few Hsu subs.

Cheers

sir you are the one who understand me fully :) and sir i have already contacted mr.sharath and i'm looking forward for buying two vtf2 mk3 or two vtf3 mk3 or one uls 15 so tell me which one is superb for me though uls 15 is around one lac :cool: please reply and about that paradigm subs its very very costlier i guess so i'm waiting for ur reply about hsu and benifits of multiple subs

or you could setup a replicate of Kipnis' Outer Limits Theater, which has got 16 18-inch (45.7-centimeter) subwoofers,
home-theater-top-ten-12.jpg

the entire setup does not cost much, only $6 million.:D

ENJOY!!!!.

cheers

P.S:- On one of the THX demo disc, they recomend 4 subs, one for each wall(in the center)
thanks bro i have already checked that theatre :yahoo: and thanks for four subs info and ya we can even use two subs on mid points of opposite walls right

Please refer :

How to Choose a Subwoofer - Aperion Audio

In the article under Sub Woofer style points were given on the no. of sub woofers used as - 0 point for three; 1 point for two; 3 points for just one.
Kindly go through to have an Idea.

Regards

Manu, I am the wrong person to advise on multiple subs. I may be able to do a technical comparison, but in terms of usage, even a single VTF shakes my old bones, so multiple subs sound alien to me.

Speak to Sharath and he will give you proper advise. Just be careful. Hsu's are very accurate subs. There will no boominess and no artificial exaggeration. Many times you will even wonder if they are on. But when needed, they can really rattle your bones.

Cheers

ya i have experienced weak and strong bass when i move in room from one place to another and about dsw pro 600 i'm quiet happy with it ,i don't have spl metre though but as for its review reviewer said it go down to 25hz ,i might add another dsw pro 600 :licklips:

everyone in the subwofer forum, loves bass.:yahoo: Manu, the reason I was asking about the pro 600w, was that its younger bro got very badly unloaded with a 28hz sine wave when I checked it in the showroom. I'm still not clear how much of a step up the 600w is and that was in my shortlist of subwoofers so I was asking.. I have this (unfounded?) nightmare of Bass reflex subwoofer unloading below resonance.

More to point.. does it go loud and low? I have an incredibly ugly (and big) DIY Sw which is on my wife's hit list. but I do get an "in room" 108db from it at 30hz. so for me the cross roads are

1. to get a nice neat DSW-600 (or 2) and junk the DIY?
2. tart up the DIY with a new AMP, some veneer and a linkwitz transform to get it flat to 20hz.

so a better idea of the DSW 600 performance is necessary. anything you can add about the quality of the sub (and loudness !) would be welcome!

thanks in advance

Kapil

everyone in the subwofer forum, loves bass.:yahoo: Manu, the reason I was asking about the pro 600w, was that its younger bro got very badly unloaded with a 28hz sine wave when I checked it in the showroom. I'm still not clear how much of a step up the 600w is and that was in my shortlist of subwoofers so I was asking.. I have this (unfounded?) nightmare of Bass reflex subwoofer unloading below resonance.

More to point.. does it go loud and low? I have an incredibly ugly (and big) DIY Sw which is on my wife's hit list. but I do get an "in room" 108db from it at 30hz. so for me the cross roads are

1. to get a nice neat DSW-600 (or 2) and junk the DIY?
2. tart up the DIY with a new AMP, some veneer and a linkwitz transform to get it flat to 20hz.

so a better idea of the DSW 600 performance is necessary. anything you can add about the quality of the sub (and loudness !) would be welcome!

thanks in advance

Kapil

brother 600 is loud and it really hit my chest :cool: but i want a sub that goes down 20 hz so that's why i'm opt for hsu now as they are now available next month :cool:

Manu, I am the wrong person to advise on multiple subs. I may be able to do a technical comparison, but in terms of usage, even a single VTF shakes my old bones, so multiple subs sound alien to me.

Speak to Sharath and he will give you proper advise. Just be careful. Hsu's are very accurate subs. There will no boominess and no artificial exaggeration. Many times you will even wonder if they are on. But when needed, they can really rattle your bones.

Cheers

i'm totally agree with you , sir just tell me as you using only one hsu sub is there uneven bass at different seat

i'm totally agree with you , sir just tell me as you using only one hsu sub is there uneven bass at different seat

Nope, but Manu, that is a factor of room reflections and sub placement. With proper room acoustics and bass traps, that can be taken care of.

Cheers

Nope, but Manu, that is a factor of room reflections and sub placement. With proper room acoustics and bass traps, that can be taken care of.

Cheers

so sir if i cover all the corners including wall to wall,walll to ceiling and wall to floor can i have smooth bass all over the room coz when i move from one spot to another in my ht some where bass is boomy,somewhere its uneven somewhere its null

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back