Best 75in TV under 2L

Red tapism, bureaucracy, nepotism, favouritism, superiority complex and capitalism - all these are challenges, I agree. But Sony becoming a larger than life company has overcome all those odds and is sitting there as a segment leader wrt audio and video. They should not go wrong. Man I am jinxed for lying on their shoulder blindly. I wish for my dad's sake they give me a permanent solution. Not some tosh that warrants a complaint from time to time and the TV not in action from time to time having spent 2.11 lakhs on it. Also if the higher model is given as an exchange in its place for a company redeemable voucher, I'd not mind spending a lakh and a half more for the 9500g FALD 75" model. If concerns are warranted than it is now. (higher-end Sony will fail lesser)

I'm just sharing this information because I have in the past tried to do a manufacturing start-up (it failed because of Indian red-tape obviously). I have had discussions and meetings with ODMs in China and they will make a product exactly to your specifications. You are the one who gives the exact specifications, the defect rate and everything and the product is made on that spec.

Sony in this case is very well aware of the defect rate of their current QA QC protocol. They know how many units will fail right off the factory floor, how many fail before reaching the customer and how many will fail a couple of months down the line (only a rough idea about this one). If they tighten the procedure, however, there will be a false positive rate which creeps in (good panels which get rejected) and hence overall profit is reduced.

Imagine if you produce 100k panels, with a defect rate of 1% by your QC. Now, in the remaining 99k, 1% again will fail within 2 months of operation. However, if you strengthen your QC for a 3% defect rate, only 0.01% of products will fail within 2 months of operation. The second case allows for much higher consumer satisfaction (used by Apple for example) but the first case allows for 98k units profit v/s 96.99k units. So it's a profit v/s customer care.

A higher-end Sony will fail lesser than a lower-end one as well since the manufacturer would eat that extra margin for better reviews and repeat sales from wealthy customers.
This was some good info, thanx for sharing.

I purchased a 75 inch TCL C275US TV from Amazon about 2 years ago. It is an Android TV and comes with 2 remotes including an air mouse and voice control remote. So far I have been quite satisfied with it. I purchased it for 1.5 lakhs but got an exchange for my 60 inch Vu TV of 30k making it a final price of around 1.2 lakhs. I am super happy with the TV. The picture quality is simply awesome. My friends have Sony and Samsung 65 inch 4k TVs and I have often compared the same content on their TVs and I have not found any noticeable difference. 4k on Netflix and YouTube is spectacular as is HDR. Yes the brightness is only 400 nits but it seems dazzling bright to me. The interface is very fast with no lag. It comes with a built in Harmon Kardon soundbar which produces very good sound. The panel is VA and the blacks are super dark. Upscaling is very good from 1080p or even 720p content. Motion is handled well with no blur. Chromecast is built in and works fine. There is some light bleeding if you look for it in a completely dark room but is it is not visible in normal usage. I found similar bleeding on my friend’s Samsung as well. It does tend to get very hot at the back during summer but I am not sure if that is normal or if it is anything to worry about. I have seen this TV drop to as low as 99k on some online sales recently. Overall, very happy with it.

I purchased a 75 inch TCL C275US TV from Amazon about 2 years ago. It is an Android TV and comes with 2 remotes including an air mouse and voice control remote. So far I have been quite satisfied with it. I purchased it for 1.5 lakhs but got an exchange for my 60 inch Vu TV of 30k making it a final price of around 1.2 lakhs. I am super happy with the TV. The picture quality is simply awesome. My friends have Sony and Samsung 65 inch 4k TVs and I have often compared the same content on their TVs and I have not found any noticeable difference. 4k on Netflix and YouTube is spectacular as is HDR. Yes the brightness is only 400 nits but it seems dazzling bright to me. The interface is very fast with no lag. It comes with a built in Harmon Kardon soundbar which produces very good sound. The panel is VA and the blacks are super dark. Upscaling is very good from 1080p or even 720p content. Motion is handled well with no blur. Chromecast is built in and works fine. There is some light bleeding if you look for it in a completely dark room but is it is not visible in normal usage. I found similar bleeding on my friend’s Samsung as well. It does tend to get very hot at the back during summer but I am not sure if that is normal or if it is anything to worry about. I have seen this TV drop to as low as 99k on some online sales recently. Overall, very happy with it.
This is listed at 89,990 on Chroma website now with 3 years warranty.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back