Best commercially available gaming PC

sidvee

My 9 year old nephew is a huge Halo fan. I have an older PC with a Nvidia GT710 gpu. I recently got the new Halo infinite game as his b-day gift for next month, however I keep getting an error - "could not find compatible Graphics device due to - etc etc" which a known issue for computers using older graphics cards. Don't want to mess with getting another higher end gpu etc.
What is the best commercially available gaming PC that I can buy - needs to be fully stock - plug and play - don't want to mess with adding stuff to it? My budget is around 75k - stretchable to 1 lac. I will use my TV/projector as display.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Cheers,
Sid

There is a major shortage of desktop graphics cards which has been going on for a while now. Availability of good gaming PCs at reasonable prices is non existent. The best options are, ironically, gaming laptops

Get a Xbox SeriesX or SeriesS.

And I am not kidding, few days back my cousin told me that he wanted to upgrade the GPU on his PC. Casually asked him the cost, he said north of 1lakh. I told him you could get both xbox series x and ps5 in that budget.

To be honest, PC gaming has become very expensive. Xbox console with gamepass and you are sold!

Gaming enthusiasts should explore VR options too and look for compatible PC's and gaming cards. The VR experience is in a different level altogether.

Lenovo Legion 5 series Laptops are a good bet. You can get one with RTX-3 series graphics cards and nvme primary drive.

My 9 year old nephew is a huge Halo fan. I have an older PC with a Nvidia GT710 gpu. I recently got the new Halo infinite game as his b-day gift for next month, however I keep getting an error - "could not find compatible Graphics device due to - etc etc" which a known issue for computers using older graphics cards. Don't want to mess with getting another higher end gpu etc.
What is the best commercially available gaming PC that I can buy - needs to be fully stock - plug and play - don't want to mess with adding stuff to it? My budget is around 75k - stretchable to 1 lac. I will use my TV/projector as display.
Cheers,
Sid
75K you can look at gaming laptops . had done some research since i needed to buy in for my son. Dell G15, ACER Nitro 5 are both great options and they do have an option below 75K.

Cheers,
Sid

You can go for a PC or a laptop , laptop will have certain tradeoffs in terms of GPU power however will end up being much more cost effective. PC will let you individually upgrade components if the need ever comes plus no problems of overheating or heating. I would suggest the below PC config
i) AMD Ryzen 3600x (15k)
ii) Compatible B550 motherboard (7k-15k depending on your choice )
iii) 16 GB DDR4 RAM ( 8k i guess)
iv) 750 watt SMPS , gold rated preferably (6-7k)
v) Cabinet (5k-6k)
vi) Nvidia RTX 3060 ti(70k+) , Nvidia RTX 3060 (62K+) Nvidia 1650 Ti (35-40k, old gen and slightly obsolete)

For laptops Acer/Asus/MSI/Dell offerings are nice, me and my friend checked out a few models, ultimately we zeroed in on the below to purchase

Comes with a good processor and quiet good graphics card.

And I am not kidding, few days back my cousin told me that he wanted to upgrade the GPU on his PC. Casually asked him the cost, he said north of 1lakh. I told him you could get both xbox series x and ps5 in that budget.

To be honest, PC gaming has become very expensive. Xbox console with gamepass and you are sold!
This.

with everyone hoarding graphics cards and selling at huge premiums, and if playing halo is the only purpose this above makes absolute sense

Any reason you preferred the Ryzen 7 4xxx over Ryzen 5 5xxx ? that had me thinking for some time !

The 4800 vs 5600 differences would have been marginal in real world usage , we were on lookout for one with a better GPU and found this with 3050 whereas quiet a few with better processor had 1650.

This.

with everyone hoarding graphics cards and selling at huge premiums, and if playing halo is the only purpose this above makes absolute sense
i believe it is mainly because of Crypto mining
The 4800 vs 5600 differences would have been marginal in real world usage , we were on lookout for one with a better GPU and found this with 3050 whereas quiet a few with better processor had 1650.
got it..i got the 3050 in a dell G15 and the store discount was pretty good.

Purely from a gaming and convenience perspective I would agree Xbox is a good way to go, cost wise too since gamepass brings in lots of positives. Also the gamepass games are playable on PC too, almost all major titles are present on both platforms.

However I would personally have a 9 year old learn to operate a PC/Laptop , use it for school assignments. This is purely a personal opinion since that's how I got into PC when i was 11 years old and learnt a fair bit over the course of time.
i believe it is mainly because of Crypto mining

got it..i got the 3050 in a dell G15 and the store discount was pretty good.

My friend was very much against Dell, I had recommended the Dell initially before we looked further (probably cause of the ROG tag).. After I found this model , design wise also liked how the Asus looks :)

Purely from a gaming and convenience perspective I would agree Xbox is a good way to go, cost wise too since gamepass brings in lots of positives. Also the gamepass games are playable on PC too, almost all major titles are present on both platforms.

However I would personally have a 9 year old learn to operate a PC/Laptop , use it for school assignments. This is purely a personal opinion since that's how I got into PC when i was 11 years old and learnt a fair bit over the course of time.

I agree with you, PC always will be a dual purpose and much more. I have a Xbox Series X, PS 4 slim and a Acer Nitro 5, 90% of gaming is on console.

But introducing a 9 yr old to gaming can be a nuclear time bomb if not controlled.

Acer is used for learning, editing, work and other stuff. Very few times I have played games on it, but it is a very decent gaming laptop which I got for 38k

I have the Xbox one S and a gaming PC. The gaming PC is used only to play VR games. All other games are played on the Xbox one. I don't play many games but my 9 year old son does. I don't think a PC an compete with a gaming console for regular (non VR) games.

Last edited:
I have the Xbox one S and a gaming PC. The gaming PC is used only to play VR games. All other games are played on the Xbox one. I don't play many games but my 9 year old son does. I don't think a PC an compete with a gaming console for regular (non VR) games.
This is an age old debate between gaming communities :) My perspective is as follows

- From an experience perspective its more of getting used to one over the other I feel.
I used PC for gaming since being 13 years old (of course consoles were unheard of for me back then). I used to play a lot of FPS games and I find PC to be a lot better (KB and mouse combo) , have been an ardent FIFA fan and used to buy PC versions before but here consoles are way better and have made the switch to consoles for this. My brother in law however uses his consoles for FPS too and is quiet good in it, I however struggle to use it for FPS games.

- Consoles have the graphics optimized for best performance and maximum possible detail at those performance levels. While the level of details in new-gen consoles have taken a huge leap, if one is willing to spend you can get way better details in a PC but of course at almost triple the cost. The value Series X and PS5 bring for gaming is very hard to beat by a PC built even at 75k IMO. I have a 2080ti amp edition as the GPU, this does quiet well and I feel renders some games much better than the consoles

- VR wise I have not delved into both sides , I have high glass power and worried it will worsen with VR :p

I have given a shot to console gaming multiple times considering I can sell my PC and settle with a laptop, but due to my personal preferences unlikely to happen in the near future. Every friend who has actually grown up using a console says he will never ever use PC for gaming and same story from other side , I have a slight tilt towards PC but little more neutral than both the camps and am trying to explore consoles more these days.

VR wise I have not delved into both sides , I have high glass power and worried it will worsen with VR
I don't think it will. Give it a try. Am sure you will love it.

I have never been comfortable using the keyboard and mouse for games. Like you mentioned, I guess it's all about getting used to one over the other. Not a big gamer too. I only play Table Tennis and Tennis in VR which is a great exercise and the Forza 4 and 5 occasionally on the console with the Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.

I don't think it will. Give it a try. Am sure you will love it.

I have never been comfortable using the keyboard and mouse for games. Like you mentioned, I guess it's all about getting used to one over the other. Not a big gamer too. I only play Table Tennis and Tennis in VR which is a great exercise and the Forza 4 and 5 occasionally on the console with the Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.

I had got my friends VR for a month or so. I couldn't play for longer durations, used to get headache and feel dizzy. Maybe it was the game.

@fLUX I too was a PC gamer since 1994, moved to console in 2014_15 owned each version of xbox one and now on Xbox Series X.
At the start it was difficult for FPS games, but later used to it. To be honest, I couldn't play PC games after I got the Acer in 2018-19 I guess, keyboard and mouse combo I was finding it difficult. But now I can game on both things, and even used to the PS controller.
One needs to invest time in getting used to things I feel.

I had got my friends VR for a month or so. I couldn't play for longer durations, used to get headache and feel dizzy. Maybe it was the game.
Apologies to @sidvee for going a bit OT but I feel that VR gaming and VR/AR in general is going to be a big contributor to not just gaming but also for business, science and medicine.

There are some games in VR that I just cannot play. Driving cars for one can be very disorienting. Please let me know in PM which VR headset you tried and the game that you played.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back