Best DAC for DVD player

Another observation:
Only Marantz CD player price is almost same in India,USA,UK,Singapore,Malysia....other CD player price vary a lot.

Yes it works. The only thing i have read is the mismatch of CD and DVD sampling ratio. CD at 44.1 and DVD at 48. may be that is why CD players are sought for playing CD's.
When you connect an exretnal dac bought in 2018, most will have lots of sampling freq handling capacity. On playing a DVD it word at 48 and CD at 44.1 the dac would handle both if I am not wrong. I guess it won't be a problem.

Then which one should buy... I will buy it from UK so no warranty cover... Please guide...
Sorry buddy, I bought cd6005 two years back from Germany. It skips badly now. When I contacted Philips arena Chennai, it was the pickup. Now I feel I made a mistake by buying a cd player instead of a good DAC.

I would suggest getting a CD player that has least amount of failure chances, (Few ever do). Marantz Denon and Yamaha have decent servicing record if something goes awry. Price wise i would say they are all on par as far as sound output goes. Just check they have enough outputs (especially the ones you desire). I recently bought a used Yamaha CD player and it plays fine, plugged into my Yamaha receiver and cant hear any difference between the analog or optical digital output.

Sorry buddy, I bought cd6005 two years back from Germany. It skips badly now. When I contacted Philips arena Chennai, it was the pickup. Now I feel I made a mistake by buying a cd player instead of a good DAC.
So you suggest to get a good DAC... how is Audiolab M dac mini?

In my budget I can get below CD players:
CA Topaz CD5 & 10
Denon DCD 520&720ae
Yamaha S300
Onkyo 7030
Teac 630
Marantz CD 5005
NAD512BEE
Tangent CD player
Can go for Marantz CD6006 if it is exceptionally well.
My choice is Denon720 costing me 18k.
Need you advice.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back