Best software to play MP3 songs

andy78

Guys I have been using Win Amp for over a decade now to listen to MP3 songs. Pardon my ignorance but can someone suggest me a good software to listen to songs.I primarily listen to MP3 and sometimes FLAC. I heard about foobar but never tried it. I should have option of creating list etc and favorite list.

Guys I have been using Win Amp for over a decade now to listen to MP3 songs. Pardon my ignorance but can someone suggest me a good software to listen to songs.I primarily listen to MP3 and sometimes FLAC. I heard about foobar but never tried it. I should have option of creating list etc and favorite list.

Sir,

There are many;

You can use / try - J River - Media Monkey - I-Tunes - Foobar - Songbird - KMPlayer - Quintessential Player - Sonique

If you just google around - you will find many.

However, if the music is on MP3 - any player will work & I-Tunes may have the 'best' interface - just a suggestion;;;

All the Best ! :p

I would suggest...use Foobar ! It's best and convenient for Windows PCs. No matter what kind of audio files you use. Because Foobar supports all kind of audio files you can think of !!
I started using Foobar after reading these threads on Hifivision:

Music Playing Software

Foobar Skins

Currently, I use Foobar to listen music on laptop using my Bose Headphones.
Most of the times, I connect my laptop to Onkyo HT via HDMI and play music on Foobar. Believe me, it sounds great under these limitations !

Its Mediamonkey and Foobar for me. However, I only have FLAC but I am sure both will do justice to MP3 as well. I believe you can find plugins out there which supposedly improves MP3 performance. Never tried myself.

I slightly prefer Mediamonkey due to its phenomenal ability to manage, organise and tag a large library. I have about 600GB comprising some 15,000 songs. About 20% of this is in 24bit/96Khz and some 24bit/192khz.

You can also try MusicBee and QMP. My daughter has a load of MP3's and uses MusicBee to good effect as it also have an easy option of lyrics on the fly from the web. I guess it is an important function for girls ;)

Last 1 year I am using J-river media centre , lot of features and options depending upon personal choice.

I'm using media monkey. For lyrics display I use minilyrics which will download synchronized lyrics. In media monkey, there is an option to use the built in player or a third party player like winamp or wmp. I like media monkey for its wonderful database management.

My loyalty shifts between winamp and foobar. Foobar is not resource hungry and simple to use.

Try with AIMP3. I am using it and playing nice.
Plz. see the link
AIMP: Home Page
Subhasish

Hmm. No one seems to use Winamp? I've used Winamp and Media Monkey. I like Winamp mostly due to the database search features.. Its very fast and intuitive with broad search and refine search.

Hmm. No one seems to use Winamp? I've used Winamp and Media Monkey. I like Winamp mostly due to the database search features.. Its very fast and intuitive with broad search and refine search.

This is an audiophile community and SQ matters above all else to most members I guess. Honestly PC based users are less in number... most prefer to use a CDP.

Coming to Winamp... I tried it and did not like the SQ. J River is the best but you can get pretty much the same output with Foobar using a few addons.

Give Foobar a try with WASAPI and a few other tweaks like the SoX resampler and I'm sure you will hear a difference.

I have been using WinAmp for over a decade. Haven't found anything better hence I started this thread to check if there is anything better these days.

foobar + wasapi plugin. 'nuff said...

Sorry guys, I change my vote. Thanks to forum members, in the evening I downloaded MusicBee and using it till now. I really is an awesome player!!

- Useability is just outstanding, very pleasing aesthetics
- Lyrics grabbing ability is excellent
- Stereo enhance feature is super cool (felt it works better than foobar plugins)
- Great EQ, sounds better than foobar with similar EQ settings

Winamp users feel right at home, only it's much better in all respects.

Only gripe: No WASAPI, and slightly slower than foobar but I could definitely live with that.
I have not tested ripping/encoding performance but for that I can always use foobar :thumbsup:

For PC I do favor the foobar + wasapi plugin and for mac itunes + bitperfect app.
J River is quite nice too, but I do have my foobar setup in much nicer at the moment.

I generally set up a track playlist on WMP..:eek:hyeah: Other than that, I have used Jet Audio which was much better and extensive in toolbar mode.

Sir,

There are many;

You can use / try - J River - Media Monkey - I-Tunes - Foobar - Songbird - KMPlayer - Quintessential Player - Sonique

If you just google around - you will find many.

However, if the music is on MP3 - any player will work & I-Tunes may have the 'best' interface - just a suggestion;;;

All the Best ! :p

Thanks for the help , your suggestion was very helpful.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back