Best Stereo Speakers for Marantz SR7005

shashidharga

Hi friends...
I've finalized Marantz SR7005. Suggest a best pair of Stereo speakers (FloorStanders are better considered & Bookshelves are not ruled out) which produces crisp sound (good treble ie., high freq sound with bass, but no subwoofer right now). Shortlisted Epos M16i and Paradigm Monitor 9.
Shashi

Last edited:
Hi friends...
I've finalized Marantz SR7005. Suggest a best pair of Stereo speakers (FloorStanders are better considered & Bookshelves are not ruled out) which produces crisp sound (good treble ie., high freq sound with bass, but no subwoofer right now). Shortlisted Epos M16i and Paradigm Monitor 9.
Shashi

what is the budget for the speakers? and room size

Last edited:
Hi, My son is using the Marantz SR 7005 with the Dali Mentor series and the sound is very good. I think the sub woofer is from a different company.

regards

Hi...
Thanx Soundofmusic.
ShaQ.Blogs : My living-cum-dining size 20 feet by 12 feet. But speaker placement area measurement is 12 feet by 12 feet. Budget 50 to 60 K (may be extended a little)
Shashi

Hi...
Thanx Soundofmusic.
ShaQ.Blogs : My living-cum-dining size 20 feet by 12 feet. But speaker placement area measurement is 12 feet by 12 feet. Budget 50 to 60 K (may be extended a little)
Shashi
You can look at PSB T6 (I have this...really good. 72K MRP...bargain and try for 62K-65K.). Available at final touch - Akash. You can get both these at final touch - Receiver & Speakers. Also HTStore - Lokesh can get you these.
Dali Icon 6...this is also really good.
Monitor Audio RX6...this too (There are 2 versions new and old...one is RS6 and the RX6...go for the newer version....I think palani in koramangla has these)

I dont know about the Epos M16i if it is good. If it is good how does it sound when compared to these 3 above? I think the dali icon is better than this. Paradigm Monitor 9...forget this. I heard this and the 3 above....paradigm is way lacking.
You should be really happy with any of the 3 above.

Thanx ShaQ.Blogs.
I've not auditioned anything. As per the chats in various forums and reviews, I've shortlisted epos and paradigm. My requirement is the speaker must give a puncy bass and crisp hi frequency sound (String instruments). Is it possible to achieve good bass without subwoofer ?
Shashi

Thanx ShaQ.Blogs.
I've not auditioned anything. As per the chats in various forums and reviews, I've shortlisted epos and paradigm. My requirement is the speaker must give a puncy bass and crisp hi frequency sound (String instruments). Is it possible to achieve good bass without subwoofer ?
Shashi
The T6 has really good bass. But, nuthing to beat a good SVS or HSU or Rythmik sub with the towers :)

I think you should look at either dali icon or PSB. Both are very highly rated for their price. Very few speakers are comparable at this price to these

For 60-70 k budget and for a 20by12 space u certainly need good Floorstanders.. since u have chosen Marantz as yr amp, I would recommend Epos Epic 9, Polk Audio RTi A7/9 and Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6.audition and make yr call...

Same receiver but an ID brand speakers :)

You should look at Focal and Quad too. Brilliant speakers for the money.

Hi friends...
Last week ordered Marantz SR7005 and expected date of delivery is on Monday the 5th Sep. But not yet decided regarding speakers. PSB Image T6 Towers or Paradigm Monitor 11 or Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 ...... & the list goes on and on and on .... very very confused :sad: :confused: I think the better option is purchasing a good studio quality Headphones. Nothing comes closer to Headphones.
How about SR 6006 ... It has got all the features of SR7005.
shashi

Last edited:
the paradigm monitor series is not worth the money...you can get better for the same price! The monitor series are not well regarded. Paradigm shines really well with the studio & signature series. If you can afford the studio towers that wud be great :)
The paradigm monoitor series is no match for the PSB Image or Dali Icon series which is in the same price range.

with a lower budget...go for either dali icon 6 or PSB. Dali icon & PSB is really good you wont regret it (PSB B6 & Image T6)..also monitor audio RX6 is good too.

Thanx again Shaqblogs..
How is PSB Image T6 with 7005 for music ? What will be the cost of Dali 6 & how do you compare these two. Any other floorstanders available in Bangalore in around 70k.
shashi

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back