Best subwoofer in 30-50 k budget

Hi

I think the HTS 10 or HTS 12 will be good and better performers than the existing sub you have.

Subs have to be kept at 50% volume....depending on how much area / room size to be covered, you need to get a decent sub.....no point keeping the sub at 75% or more volume which will lead to muddy or jarring sound.

You can audition the SW100 which supposedly performs as good as SW300 .......the SW100 goes as low as 25hz and not 20hz as the SW300....keep this in mind...i am sure it will sound much refined than the Polk sub you already have.

You can also refer to Youtube videos to get some idea of subs demo if you cant audition them in person....its not an absolute audition but a reference

Thank you very much @efernand1 for your valuable inputs.
My current sub, I am running at 50% volume only, if I go up it starts rumbling.
I have scheduled for audition tomorrow evening at HTStore for SW100.
I couldn't get through the point you've mentioned about the frequency response, is 20hz better than 25hz? Please elaborate...

I couldn't get through the point you've mentioned about the frequency response, is 20hz better than 25hz? Please elaborate...
Lower the subwoofer goes, better it is.
Lower frequencies will give those tactile feel.

Yamaha isn't known for subwoofers. Resale while upgrading will be difficult.
Buy Yamaha only if you plan to keep it for a long time.
But this rarely happens.
Upgrade itch is very common.

Yamaha frequency response is mentioned 20-150hz
It doesn't mention the+/-3db parameter.

Better buy a brand famous for subwoofer like
Svs, rythmik, Bic, velodyne etc

Closer to 20hz...better it will be.....Yamaha subs work well but as stated has less resale value....nevertheless if it appeals to you in budget and performance, you can go ahead.....visit profx when you can and check the HTS models and then decide.....

Lower the subwoofer goes, better it is.
Lower frequencies will give those tactile feel.

Yamaha isn't known for subwoofers. Resale while upgrading will be difficult.
Buy Yamaha only if you plan to keep it for a long time.
But this rarely happens.
Upgrade itch is very common.

Yamaha frequency response is mentioned 20-150hz
It doesn't mention the+/-3db parameter.

Better buy a brand famous for subwoofer like
Svs, rythmik, Bic, velodyne etc
Thanks for your suggestion...
Once I auditioned Velodyne impact 12 mk2, but I was not impressed, I want it mainly for music.

Closer to 20hz...better it will be.....Yamaha subs work well but as stated has less resale value....nevertheless if it appeals to you in budget and performance, you can go ahead.....visit profx when you can and check the HTS models and then decide.....
If possible I try to visit Profx for polk demo. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks for your suggestion...
Once I auditioned Velodyne impact 12 mk2, but I was not impressed, I want it mainly for music.
Get a sealed subwoofer .
Svs sb 1000 mrp is 67k
Ask for discount you might get it under 60k.
Slightly over your budget though.

Another thing I wanted to mention is my buget is 30k max.

I am not a huge fan of room-shaking bass, I want some extra dimension to my music & movies.

My room is 15 x 20 feet, with listening distance of 12ft.

I am currently using Polk's sub (of RM6750 package, 50w, 8 inch), I wanted to upgrade from that.

Adding a 2nd identical sub would help, but even after adding it may just not feel enough as the spec look under powered.. See if you can sell the existing sub and add that to your budget of 30K and look for dual subs in your room.. (10inch subs & reasonably powerful)..

The least inexpensive sealed subs are Mission MS 200 abt 20K each.. Consider getting 2 of them, within your budget.. Taga Harmony TSW 90/120 are ported series.. around the same budget of 20K each.. Settle for whichever is a better deal..

Audition different subs with the same movie and music content....you will know the difference then,,,,,

Sealed subs work best in treated rooms (this is my experience which i have seen over time) some may beg to differ ....

Based on actual requirements and budget and connectivity, decide on the sub that suits

My listening area is not treated, it is just an ordinary living room. I may have to go for ported one.

Thanks for the input @efernand1, But I don't have enough space to accomodate a big sub, that is the reason I am looking for a sub with a small footprint. I am not a huge fan of room-shaking bass, I want some extra dimension to my music & movies.
I am currently using Polk's sub (of RM6750 package, 50w, 8 inch), I wanted to upgrade from that.
Shall I audition SW100 which is available for demo in HTStore and decide on SW300? Will that be justifiable?

For subs even 2 Hz is a lot of difference for movies apart from driver size and power rating. Some handpicked western music also has a differentiation for such differences but not generally indian compositions.

I can recommend one sub which is very good and within 50k, kef KUB 2 and mist importantly for you, has very small form factor.

I auditioned Yamaha NS-SW100 yesterday along with Velodyne Impact 12 mk2, I found NSW100 a decent sub at 100W, which was having clean & tight bass not the loud theatre kind or car sub type bass which is my requirement. Velodyne was performing slightly better with the extra punch because it was 175W. After a long thoughtful session I ordered Yamaha NS-SW300 which I presumed to perform better than nsw100 because its 250W continuous power handling. It will arrive next week, I will give a review on that later.
Meanwhile I thank very helpful members here for their valuable and timely inputs.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back