Bi-Amping

isoton

Hello friends,
Currently i am using Yamaha rx-v667 avr with 7.2 ch setup.
If i remove the Rear left& right speakers and Bi-amp my current Front floor standing speakers (Yamaha8900 ) will improve the sound quality?

I can not use both Bi amping & back speakers together as per the manual.

Does Bi-amping really provides dynamic sound quality? Those who are using the same setup please guide me.

Regards,

I have experimented with a similar setups a couple of times (Denon 1910 with Polk Audio TSi300 fronts, Denon 1510 with Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6)... although there is a lot of subjectivity in this but i have experienced both better and worse results with bi-amping. Later I came across articles explaining the theory behind bi-amping and when will it give improvements and when it will not. In short, the article concluded that, for passive crossover systems bi-amping is a misnomer! It is better avoided. However, in practicality even I have experience mixed results. Conclusion - try it out and observe!

sorry for the late reply!

I am not bi-amping right now, because I am using a Topping TP-20 MK2 while awaiting delivery of my new Exposure 2010S2. Once I receive that, I will try bi-amping again and let you know the results with Dali Ikon 6.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back