BIC America F12 12-Inch / POLK PSW 505 / Astonia DF10

Did you consider BIC as well?
No I considered BIC F12 but as the waiting time would be very long i dropped the idea. Also i had heard psw 110 in profx which is just 2 min from my home and was very impressed with the sound and the price:D so i knew that i will not get a 10 incher from any other brand at the price. My room is 15X20 ft so i knew that an 8 incher would not be sufficient. Also Look at BA ASW250 and ASW650(IF YOU HAVE A GOOD BUDGET) from BA.

Listen To as many subs as you can and then take a call. Since you are considering polk psw 505 also check with Velodyne Impact 10/12. I guess they are renowned and will not disappoint you. However its your personal choice as different people have different tastes. So Go Ahead and Audition. I have heard jamo sub 260. Although its a 8 inch subwoofer. Its a very good performer and available for 25-26k discounted price.

Listen To as many subs as you can and then take a call. Since you are considering polk psw 505 also check with Velodyne Impact 10/12. I guess they are renowned and will not disappoint you. However its your personal choice as different people have different tastes. So Go Ahead and Audition. I have heard jamo sub 260. Although its a 8 inch subwoofer. Its a very good performer and available for 25-26k discounted price.

Refer to one of my other thread, spec wise BIC seems better on many fronts, check that out.
For sure i havent heard any, so anyone who hv exprnce with both is welcome to comment. And price wise bic is cheaper

I am yet to receive the H100II from Avenue Sound. Will definitely post my impressions once i hook it up.

Hello Sir- waiting for your review on the BIC H100ii... hope you've got it and had chance to plug and play with it.... :cool:

Please post your impressions.. Thanks

Avenue sound has increased its subwoofer prices. The F12 is above 23k now.

I have received mine from Avenuesound 2 days back, the total amount i paid is Rs. 26125 (Includes 12.5% VAT + Rs. 1000 Shipping + Rs. 1500 Voltage Conversion Charges).

I will open another thread with full detail and the review.

I also ordered BIC AMERICA F12 sub, but itis 110v device, can you help me how to convert 110v to 220v, where are the jumpers & how to change please

I also ordered BIC AMERICA F12 sub, but itis 110v device, can you help me how to convert 110v to 220v, where are the jumpers & how to change please

Can't help since the conversion was done by AvenueSound though they charged me Rs. 1500/- for conversion. I would have done the conversion myself but they said it will void the warranty.

The manual which comes with F-12 has instructions for conversion, i believe with little help from any of your known/friend you will be able to do the conversion easily.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 70
Hi ,

I am curious to know how you could get it at such cheap rates. Right now the price for same is 42.6 on avenue sound site.

I knw this is an old thread but still its shocking to know that prices have doubled

Before two months, I was looking for BIC America F12, at that time it was around 34k, after a week it was 42k, I asked the guy about it, he said due to USD currency got increased, I dropped the plan of buying it. :sad:

Hi

Avenue Sound imports the same from US and does the conversion to 220v to meet India requirements. The prices have gone up and so has warranty...now it is 7 years....

There is a person selling BIC America speakers with sub (H100ii) for a very reasonable price....

Count Down Starts! 5.1 speakers for Music & Movies captivating experience! - HiFiADS.com

I was curious to see the speakers and had an opportunity to hear them ....the seller is running the same on a Marantz NR 1605 and it sounds really great for movies and music....good setup...

The H100ii is an amazing sub....really drives out low frequencies which makes the whole setup so punchy and smooth....no jarring.....

BIC H100ll on amazon priced at just usd217. Try to import it . Will definitely fall cheaper. Besides conversation shown in manual so you can show a local technician and have it converted cheap.

@efernand1 He is selling it for 55k in USA ur getting it for 217 USD. I guess importing will turn out to be cheaper.
as BIC F12 is also priced almost same at 213 USD
Does it make any sense to go for the F12 ? Does it have any advantage over the H100ii?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back