BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

Yes, its true. Even I was thinking to buy PL 200II and got in touch with Pristine Audio. The concerned person was a thorough gentleman and politely answered my queries. He also explained to me that due to many cases of Amp failure of BIC sub in the past years; company has now started giving only 1 year warranty. That too, when the amp failure has happened due to design flaw not due to mishandling by the Customer.
Therefore, I didn't buy BIC sub.
You are right. Even my friend is facing Amp issue. Hope the fuse blew away and he was asked to replace the fuse with 5Amp one but still no use and so, he has sent the amp for service. His sub was just a month old. I am the one who recommended this sub to him, but regret doing so after seeing somany amp failures in this model and also reduction in warranty period.

You are right. Even my friend is facing Amp issue. Hope the fuse blew away and he was asked to replace the fuse with 5Amp one but still no use and so, he has sent the amp for service. His sub was just a month old. I am the one who recommended this sub to him, but regret doing so after seeing somany amp failures in this model and also reduction in warranty period.

I used my PL200 for a good 5 years and then Sold it. Replaced the Woofer Driver once free of cost. The warranty offered then was 8 years and 5 years on Amp plate. This is indeed news to me. Possibly makes sense to see other brands who offer good warranty n service, SVS etc?

I used my PL200 for a good 5 years and then Sold it. Replaced the Woofer Driver once free of cost. The warranty offered then was 8 years and 5 years on Amp plate. This is indeed news to me. Possibly makes sense to see other brands who offer good warranty n service, SVS etc?
Yes, but even the cheapest SVS is twice the price of BIC. So our choices are limited. If only an Indian brand comes up with great subwoofer lineup at cheap price with good aftersale support and warranty, would we be saved.

Yes, but even the cheapest SVS is twice the price of BIC. So our choices are limited. If only an Indian brand comes up with great subwoofer lineup at cheap price with good aftersale support and warranty, would we be saved.

Have you auditioned the Yamaha line up of subwoofers? They are also quite good.

YST SW 315 is an awesome sub but discontinued. If you get this, pick the same...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back