BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

efernand1

Hi

Since we have a thread for almost all brands and products, did not find one for BIC America which has now become a recent craze for most....at least for me its 3 years since i am using this brand.

This will help existing users to post their experience and challenges...also serves as a place for new potential buyers to make a good choice...

Used the DV32 5.0 speakers for close to 18 months then upgraded....there are quite good and can really handle 100watts rms power at 8 ohms load....

Used the H100ii BIC Acoustech Subwoofer.....killer experience for almost 2 years then recently upgraded to the PL200 which i could not afford then....

The only difference is the rms power output......quality and performance is the same.....F12 is miles away from the performance of H100ii and PL200..

Well thats my experience and continues to satisfy me everyday....clean bass with every kind of music or movie playback!

Thanks for creating this thread.

PL200 is my second subwoofer, so far my experience with PL200 is truly amazing. I would strongly recommend this subwoofer to anyone who is looking for the powerful subwoofer at low cost.

The good thing about the BIC subwoofers sold in India is that they are tuned to work for Indian Power Standards (220V) when they are shipped from the USA.

I have listed some of the dealers selling BIC subwoofers in India. Check with them for the best price.

• Pro Audio Home, Mumbai - +91-22-65611833 (BIC Authorized Distributor)
  • ProSonics, Bangalore - +91-9341112580
  • Avenue Sound, Mumbai - +91-22-27715878
  • Surround Swar, Chennai - +91-44-42121776
  • Jamsticks, Bangalore - +91-9967553013

Last edited:
Mind blowing performance from Pl200 even with very low volume it produces great bass totally value for money..

Thanks for creating this thread.

PL200 is my second subwoofer, so far my experience with PL200 is truly amazing. I would strongly recommend this subwoofer to anyone who is looking for the powerful subwoofer at low cost.

The good thing about the BIC subwoofers sold in India is that they are tuned to work for Indian Power Standards (220V) when they are shipped from the USA.

I have listed some of the dealers selling BIC subwoofers in India. Check with them for the best price.

• Pro Audio Home, Mumbai - +91-22-65611833 (BIC Authorized Distributor)
  • ProSonics, Bangalore - +91-9341112580
  • Avenue Sound, Mumbai - +91-22-27715878
  • Surround Swar, Chennai - +91-44-42121776
  • Jamsticks, Bangalore - +91-9967553013

Excellent Listing......much required for our members

Got PL200 opened the box connected with much expectation and bam no sound:mad: tried another sub with same cable and sound was there:mad::mad: And thought a company like this will not have any manufacturing defect so out of curiosity i left my hand inside the rear port and viola i found a unconnected cable:yahoo::yahoo: i called the seller if i can open the box i was given a green signal Opened the amp section and connected the cable clip to woofer tadaaaaa the woofer came alive:clapping::clapping: spent around 10 hours of listening and found a sweet spot to place the subwoofer now i have started to hear and feel bass its indeed a very good subwoofer :) tuning tuning tuning;););)

Attachments

• IMG_6712.JPG
    IMG_6712.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_6720.JPG
    IMG_6720.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_6722.JPG
    IMG_6722.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_6736.JPG
    IMG_6736.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 306
Got PL200 opened the box connected with much expectation and bam no sound:mad: tried another sub with same cable and sound was there:mad::mad: And thought a company like this will not have any manufacturing defect so out of curiosity i left my hand inside the rear port and viola i found a unconnected cable:yahoo::yahoo: i called the seller if i can open the box i was given a green signal Opened the amp section and connected the cable clip to woofer tadaaaaa the woofer came alive:clapping::clapping: spent around 10 hours of listening and found a sweet spot to place the subwoofer now i have started to hear and feel bass its indeed a very good subwoofer :) tuning tuning tuning;););)

Annamalai, I am sure your learning will help others fix in case of any unexpected issues. For sure, it will sound terrific when placed at the right sweet spot. You will hear deep bass for all low-frequency track. :clapping:

Check with the listed dealers...i am sure they can arrange courier drop to Hyderabad...

No actual issues if AVR is purchased from abroad...only things to keep in mind is that you may get it cheaper than India (in most cases), you will get no warranty and after sales service may be a challenge.....consider weight ..which you may end up paying when getting it in person....ofcourse the main thing.. Indian Customs....

Possible to suggest good dealer for Denon AVR also? I forgot about warranty.

KEI is the authorised dealer for Denon.....I believe ProFx now deals with Yamaha...

Besides Denon, you could also try Yamaha or Marantz...see the models which meet your expected connectivity requirements, features and output...

From my personal experience with Yamaha, the receiver is warm sounding and the highs won't be very sharp in the movies as compared to Denon. In general, Yamaha sounds warm with ELACs BS.

@bsridharmail - Please have the further discussion about the receivers in a separate thread. Let's keep this thread going with all the BIC discussions going forward. :)

Last edited:
Are we getting the PL200 OR PL200 V II? It seems that the pl200 was replaced by V II.

PL 200 is being sold right now in our country.

PL 200 II is no difference from PL 200 except its frequency response starting from 21Hz (as opposed to 22Hz in PL 200) the dual bass port is on the front side. Rest of the spec is exactly the same as PL 200.

Hey congrats!!

I am using the same, would really love to know your experience with the PL 200. I had purchased it from USA and had to open it before using to change the Jumpers for it to work on 220V .

Did you buy it from the dealer in India? Can you pls share the the price.

I have almost 700 Sqft to cover and it does the job well

KEI is the authorised dealer for Denon.....I believe ProFx now deals with Yamaha...

Kei are the distributors. And profx is a dealer registered with kei. You can get both yamaha and denon from Profx

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Most likely nope..Being a new AVR, it might grab attention..55K is the current value of goods.. Even if stopped, reason it out and that it is well with in the limit..

Yes it will surely grab attention but you have to be confident and not fumble if any custom guy asks you about it.

If you reply with confidence that you are aware about what you are doing as per the rules and regulations they will let you go. If they feel you are trying to hide some facts then they will start investigating in detail.

I have also carried along My denon x3200 from USA w/o any issue

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back