BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

Hi,

Could someone who owns PL 200 please let me know the dimensions of the SUB after removing from packing? I mean, only sub dimensions.

I need to check the space before buying 12 inch. And do I need to keep the sub under tv only? or can we keep near sitting area?

Hi,

Could someone who owns PL 200 please let me know the dimensions of the SUB after removing from packing? I mean, only sub dimensions.

I need to check the space before buying 12 inch. And do I need to keep the sub under tv only? or can we keep near sitting area?

You need at least 2X2 feet space to keep the subwoofer..

Hi,

The dimensions are available on the Bic America website.
Dimensions: 17 1/4"H x 14 3/4"W x 19 1/2"D.
But, placement of subwoofer is much more than just the item dimensions.
You need to keep it away from walls else you may get boomy bass.
Under the TV? Does that mean inside a cabinet or enclosed space? That's a definite NO.
Yes, it can be kept near the sitting area. Mine is.
Look at the manual (you should be able to download).
Search the net for subwoofer placement advice.

Thank you. No not in cabinet, there is only 1 1/2 inch sqft space near TV. I think, we need more space to place. I have more space near my sitting position.

Thank you. There are wireless audio transmitter and receiver kits. Now I can buy PL 200. In Amazon.com, there is wireless PL 200 subwoofer kit.

Glad to see that many are moving towards BIC America subs which are true value coupled with awesome performance.....

if not the PL 200...don't miss out on the H100ii

PL 200 actually down to Frequency Response: 22Hz ...?
i dint auditioned yet, if it goes down to 22hz as mentioned in spec then it will be a good buy for this price..

Bic Acoustech PL-200 II is available here? any difference in between PL-200 II and PL-200?

Last edited:
PL 200 actually down to Frequency Response: 22Hz ...?
i dint auditioned yet, if it goes down to 22hz as mentioned in spec then it will be a good buy for this price..

Bic Acoustech PL-200 II is available here? any difference in between PL-200 II and PL-200?

PL200ii is 21Hz where as PL200 outs 22Hz.

The former has 2 front bass ports the later has 1 rear port.

Minute dimension difference in my knowledge..

You will not be able to find the minute difference......only thing what you need to ensure is...which of the two is cheaper and which fits in the spot you are going to place it....

Hi

Since we have a thread for almost all brands and products, did not find one for BIC America which has now become a recent craze for most....at least for me its 3 years since i am using this brand.

This will help existing users to post their experience and challenges...also serves as a place for new potential buyers to make a good choice...

Used the DV32 5.0 speakers for close to 18 months then upgraded....there are quite good and can really handle 100watts rms power at 8 ohms load....

Used the H100ii BIC Acoustech Subwoofer.....killer experience for almost 2 years then recently upgraded to the PL200 which i could not afford then....

The only difference is the rms power output......quality and performance is the same.....F12 is miles away from the performance of H100ii and PL200..

Well thats my experience and continues to satisfy me everyday....clean bass with every kind of music or movie playback!

Which is better PL200 or H100ii?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back