BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

That's true, because a Distributor can afford to give Least/best price but I see many distributors do business ethically and they fix a price below which they don't quote. Both dealer and distributors stick to it and not compete each other. When enquired by customers they both have same best price.

Hello,
I spoke to profx guy in Hyderabad and he said as my living room is not acoustically treated, he is saying I will get rattles if go for bic america f12. He is suggesting polk sw110 for my 13x20 living room. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

That's a nice cross-selling technic.

U can always adjust the settings on the sub/source to suit the need.

I am using PL200 sub which is more powerful than F12 in the much smaller bedroom and I am pretty much satisfied with the price I paid.

Hello,
I spoke to profx guy in Hyderabad and he said as my living room is not acoustically treated, he is saying I will get rattles if go for bic america f12. He is suggesting polk sw110 for my 13x20 living room. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

Profx brands Polk. I am 100% sure, the guy whom you spoke with wouldn't have seen BIC F12 or PL200. For 13 X 20, Polk 110 won't be sufficient for sure, guaranteed. For 20 feet depth you need long throw sub. Otherwise it won't fill the room or always you have to increase the sub volume.

I use my PL200 in 12 X 10 space. It sounds fantastic. No home will be acoustically correct. It's all about how you keep the gain, cross over, phase in your sub.

Again If you keep the volume to the highest point, your everything will start to rattle at home..

BIC is way better than Polk. Decide post an audition.

Picked up a PL200 yesterday from Amazon for a mouth watering price. The PL200 was in my amazon cart and as soon as the sale was online Amazon had 1500 or 10 % max cashback offer for HDFC card holders which due to be credited back by the 24th March.
Got in touch with the seller who responded immediately and placed my order . Now the wait starts.

I hope the warranty is covered....have you checked? Very vey important....its 5 years on sub speaker n parts and 2 years on the sub amp....

Online deals look very tempting....you need to see the bigger picture and even the finer details around warranty.....

Just for 1k or 2k don't loose warranty..

Polk subs ...the only models which are good are the DSP Pro 550 and the higher models....the other ones are like entry level.....

Most dealers and HT brands have tough competition with each other and will cross sell to the max.....I recall Yamaha dealers pushing very hard since 2016 and 2017 for their avrs etc.....

Hello,

Same here...When i checked reply is they didnt even know BIC...

I had a polk subwoofer psw125 and it started giving me trouble and had been with profx for last 4 months and they dont have the required parts to repair it. I am looking for F12 or PL 200 pl let me know which one will be better. I was quite satisfied with polk psw125. BIC is not available at my location for demo and listening so have to rely on the experts of this forum.
F12 is more or less meets my budget but if you think PL200 justifies the price difference of appx 10k so will not mind spending that additional 10k.

I had a polk subwoofer psw125 and it started giving me trouble and had been with profx for last 4 months and they dont have the required parts to repair it. I am looking for F12 or PL 200 pl let me know which one will be better. I was quite satisfied with polk psw125. BIC is not available at my location for demo and listening so have to rely on the experts of this forum.
F12 is more or less meets my budget but if you think PL200 justifies the price difference of appx 10k so will not mind spending that additional 10k.

I bought mine without an audition only because same as yours, in my hometown there is no BIC dealer. Before taking the decision, I read lots of reviews, watched youtube videos and spoke to our FMs about PL200.

I haven't tried F12 yet. But for the price tag, PL200 would be a good choice for sure. There are several members in the group who have purchased and are happy with it.

If there is no dealer available in your location for any other brands except ProFX, go through the reviews and take a decision wisely. Usually, audition would be the key so long as you've showrooms available in your city.

With BIC subwoofers, you won't regret for sure.

I bought mine without an audition only because same as yours, in my hometown there is no BIC dealer. Before taking the decision, I read lots of reviews, watched youtube videos and spoke to our FMs about PL200.

I haven't tried F12 yet. But for the price tag, PL200 would be a good choice for sure. There are several members in the group who have purchased and are happy with it.

If there is no dealer available in your location for any other brands except ProFX, go through the reviews and take a decision wisely. Usually, audition would be the key so long as you've showrooms available in your city.

With BIC subwoofers, you won't regret for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked with few of the dealers in Mumbai and they dont have PL200 in the stock and everyone is waiting for the new model PL200 ii, so had no option but to order for F12

F12 has been shipped and is expected in couple of days, so will review once I receive the product.

In the meanwhile can you pl suggest the settings i should take care while using the subwoofer.

Hi

Settings depend on room placement etc....F12 has a rear port so a decent 4 to 6 inch gap from wall is required...secondly placing the same in some cabinet or audio rack with create boominess....

When running audyssey setup or calibration...ensure sub volume is kept at 50% and also adjust the LFE frequency....it can go as low as 25hz or slightly more...

Yes I second that...do the settings properly including placement....use the subwoofer for sometime (burn in 20 to 40 hours.)

I am now an owner of Pl200 II
I have a query related to this. Is it better to set the crossover from AVR or let the SUB handle this. My BIC pl200 ii has a switch to select this and a knob to select the crossover.
So what is the preferred way of doing this? I know we can select cross over separately for each speaker in AVR. But I have selected 80Hz as the cross over. So should I let the SUB handle the crossover
Also if we let the SUB handle the crossover and then switch off the SUB, will the speaker's handle the lower frequency ??
Regards

Hi

Make the settings on the AVR...send the required frequencies to the sub and the sub will take care.....I dont use the Crossover settings on the sub as it makes no difference ..unless you are connecting LEFT and RIGHT speakers to the sub...thats where the Cross Freq knob works.....

I kept my settings at 110hz .........my front speakers are kept at 80hz....... the 30hz spacing is for good overlap of freq (like interlocked hands) ensures no freq is lost between crossover points.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back