BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

Marantz has the same options to set crossover for each speaker...including 9 band EQ

The cut off bass freq can be set...so that the threshold denotes what will go to the sub....

Refer to the Owners manual which will have detailed steps...most AVRs have this setting available. Yamaha should have it.

Speakers at 80hz is default....you can reduce to 60hz if you feel the speakers can handle based on specs....

Sub cut off freq (Bass Management) is kept at 110hz.....or 100hz...so all low freq at these points or lower goes to the sub....

One more thing....Bass Management ...it should be LFE +Main

Perhaps this feature (Sub cut off freq) is applicable only for 7 channels receivers and not all of them. Its certainly not there in Yamaha rxv 483. Generally, the crossover settings in 5 channel receivers are provided either at individual channels or for all channel (i.e. applicable to all channels). In that case, if the speakers are of satellite or bookshelf type (4" inch or lesser), it is better of to set crossover for each or all channels to 120hz or 150hz. If the speakers are 5.25" inch set it to 100hz and anything above 6" inch should be kept at 80 or 90 hz. This allows the sub to take control of all the LF signals below the crossover point from the speakers. And LFE + main or Extra bass or Double Bass features in Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo is effect in mid range frequencies (i.e anything above 50hz) and I would not recommend it during movie playback (say 5.1 dolby 640kbps signal) as it dilutes the true bass signal.

Perhaps this feature (Sub cut off freq) is applicable only for 7 channels receivers and not all of them. Its certainly not there in Yamaha rxv 483. Generally, the crossover settings in 5 channel receivers are provided either at individual channels or for all channel (i.e. applicable to all channels). In that case, if the speakers are of satellite or bookshelf type (4" inch or lesser), it is better of to set crossover for each or all channels to 120hz or 150hz. If the speakers are 5.25" inch set it to 100hz and anything above 6" inch should be kept at 80 or 90 hz. This allows the sub to take control of all the LF signals below the crossover point from the speakers. And LFE + main or Extra bass or Double Bass features in Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo is effect in mid range frequencies (i.e anything above 50hz) and I would not recommend it during movie playback (say 5.1 dolby 640kbps signal) as it dilutes the true bass signal.

Well....what you have stated is followed by most....I currently use the SR6009 which has more than enough power and i barely even cross 40% volume on a normal day when i want to enjoy loud music.....

Besides the size and recommended crossover settings....depending on the sources being used (content quality), one can play around with settings and tweak it to get the best SQ....for me i have experimented various settings and prefer to ensure that there is a little overlap between the sub and fronts....My fronts are kept at 90hz (8 inch drivers) and Sub is kept at 110hz.....this overlap helps and also improves SQ......nothing technical here...all based on my use and the way i would like to enjoy playback....the sub is decent to ensure there is no muddy playback .......(LFE+MAIN)....

Movie playback is excellent and not felt anything missing .....these are most of the movies which i have seen on screen in some of the best cinemas in Mumbai......infact i can add and say that with the kind of setups we have at home...the effects and performance is better!

Anyways this is my experience...i am sure each one would have their own tastes, settings, conditions, room treatments etc.

I bought BIC AMERICA PL200II subwoofer from Ooberpad. After 2 weeks it started giving the problem. There was no output from the subwoofer if the volume is below 50% and there was no sound coming from the subwoofer during Audyssey calibration. My avr is denon x4400h. I asked for help from our fellow forum members Efernand1 and Elangoas. Both of them gave advise and as per their advice, I checked various settings. Finally understood the problem was with my Subwoofer amplifier. Thank you Elangoas and Efernand1.

Then I contacted Ooberpad. They immediately registered my complaint to BIC America Dealer. Within two days Pristine Note representative called me and told they already sent full amplifier board and requested me to replace it. I received the amplifier board and replaced it. It was very easy to replace it. After replacement subwoofer started working normally. The subwoofer is very good for both music and movies.
All the followups were done by Ooberpad support team. I also appreciate the services given by Ooberpad and Pristine Note. I bought my AVR also from Ooberpad.

I bought BIC AMERICA PL200II subwoofer from Ooberpad. After 2 weeks it started giving the problem. There was no output from the subwoofer if the volume is below 50% and there was no sound coming from the subwoofer during Audyssey calibration. My avr is denon x4400h. I asked for help from our fellow forum members Efernand1 and Elangoas. Both of them gave advise and as per their advice, I checked various settings. Finally understood the problem was with my Subwoofer amplifier. Thank you Elangoas and Efernand1.

Then I contacted Ooberpad. They immediately registered my complaint to BIC America Dealer. Within two days Pristine Note representative called me and told they already sent full amplifier board and requested me to replace it. I received the amplifier board and replaced it. It was very easy to replace it. After replacement subwoofer started working normally. The subwoofer is very good for both music and movies.
All the followups were done by Ooberpad support team. I also appreciate the services given by Ooberpad and Pristine Note. I bought my AVR also from Ooberpad.

Since you have purchased it recently. May i ask which other models did u consider?

I auditioned wharfdale and Polk subwoofers. I forgot Wharfdale model no.and Polk dsw pro550. But for me it was not ok. Polk was better than Wharfdale. I never auditioned Bic before buying it. Only based on reviews from HiFi vision and other reviews I bought this subwoofer. Other choices in my list were svs pb1000 and taga harmony tsw 200. For svs my budget was less.

Yeah Bic service and warranty is top notch. 8 years warranty and 5 years for amplifier.Mine also had some noise problem and audiholics chennai escalated the issue to Bic. Pristine Note contacted me immediately and agreed for a replacement.The best part was they arranged free door step pick up and drop from fed ex. The replacement process took just 5 days and that to due to the delay by fed ex else it was just 3 days.

I paid 116000 for 4400H. That time the exchange rate was too high. Almost 71 rupees for 1dollar. The case of the AVR showing Profx sticker and a notice was also pasted- warranty void if use with an inverter/ ups.

Hi All,

I am happy to inform that I purchased Bic America F12 front firing subwoofer to complete my HT.

I am amazed by the sound and build quality of the sub. The subwoofer body looks and feels premium. It weighs arround 20 kg and is solid build. The driver has shinning premium metallic look which adds WAF to the subwoofer. My room is 20x12 and the woofer fills the room with good chest thumping bass while playing high definition Dolby and DTS (and their advanced versions )track movies. Played Mission Impossible fall out (Dolby Atmos) and Jurassic Park (1993 - DTS HDMA) movies and could feel tight rumbling bass all through out my medium sized room (not at all acoustically treated) to a certain extend that the glass door of a shelf was rattling at times.

I have only turned the woofer volume knob to 50% and crossover set to full. Bic F12 excels while playing movies and is okay for music. I would surly recommend the sub to any one having a small to medium room size. I am looking forward to complete the break-in period of 50 hrs this weekend and with fingers crossed expecting much more from the sub in the days to come.

I purchased this subwoofer from Audioholics Chennai. They are also very supportive and gives a good quote for the product i brought. I was initially confused between Bic F12 and Bic PL200-ii which is highly acclaimed sub in its price range. But Praveen from Audioholics checked for my requirements, my other HT components and my rooms size recommended me Bic F12. I have to say his suggestion looks spot on for me as I am getting quality bass from this Bic F12 sub.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am happy to inform that I purchased Bic America F12 subwoofer to complete my HT. I am amazed by the quality of the sub. My room is 20x12 and the woofer fills the room with good chest thumping bass while playing dolby and DTS track movies. I have only turned the woofer volume knob to 50% and crossover set to full. Bic F12 excels while playing movies and is okay for music. I would surly recommend the sub to any one having a small to medium room size.
I purchased this subwoofer from Alcoholics Chennai. They are also very supportive and gives a good quote for the product i brought.View attachment 34222View attachment 34222View attachment 34222View attachment 34224

Congratulations! You allow 50 hours for its break in period and then it will pump more bass. Enjoy!

Hi All,

I am happy to inform that I purchased Bic America F12 subwoofer to complete my HT. I am amazed by the quality of the sub. My room is 20x12 and the woofer fills the room with good chest thumping bass while playing dolby and DTS track movies. I have only turned the woofer volume knob to 50% and crossover set to full. Bic F12 excels while playing movies and is okay for music. I would surly recommend the sub to any one having a small to medium room size.
I purchased this subwoofer from Alcoholics Chennai. They are also very supportive and gives a good quote for the product i brought.View attachment 34222
View attachment 34225

View attachment 34226
Congrats. I have heard bic f12 in a dual set up Nd it’s the best experience for me so for. If possible go for dual in the future.

i am using bic pl200 dual setup
Ok may i know your set up details and room dimensions please.What is the avr and speakers you are using. And is it set on a dedicated room? Have you done a single vs dual comparison. I have single bic in a 10*12 bedroom. So wanna do all the research before i go dual

Hi All,

I am happy to inform that I purchased Bic America F12 front firing subwoofer to complete my HT.

I am amazed by the sound and build quality of the sub. The subwoofer body looks and feels premium. It weighs arround 20 kg and is solid build. The driver has shinning premium metallic look which adds WAF to the subwoofer. My room is 20x12 and the woofer fills the room with good chest thumping bass while playing high definition Dolby and DTS (and their advanced versions )track movies. Played Mission Impossible fall out (Dolby Atmos) and Jurassic Park (1993 - DTS HDMA) movies and could feel tight rumbling bass all through out my medium sized room (not at all acoustically treated) to a certain extend that the glass door of a shelf was rattling at times.

I have only turned the woofer volume knob to 50% and crossover set to full. Bic F12 excels while playing movies and is okay for music. I would surly recommend the sub to any one having a small to medium room size. I am looking forward to complete the break-in period of 50 hrs this weekend and with fingers crossed expecting much more from the sub in the days to come.

I purchased this subwoofer from Audioholics Chennai. They are also very supportive and gives a good quote for the product i brought. I was initially confused between Bic F12 and Bic PL200-ii which is highly acclaimed sub in its price range. But Praveen from Audioholics checked for my requirements, my other HT components and my rooms size recommended me Bic F12. I have to say his suggestion looks spot on for me as I am getting quality bass from this Bic F12 sub.

View attachment 34222
View attachment 34225

View attachment 34226

Congratulations....welcome to the BIC America Owners club ;)

I think the odds on a single sub being better than duals are vanishingly small. If you have the budget and the space to accommodate the second, just go for it.
I am just concerned about my room. The only reason m going for dual is for an even, smooth bass and not power. I am just utilizing 10-15% of the subs potential. My room is small 10*12 and since it is a bedroom not a lot of free space

I am just concerned about my room. The only reason m going for dual is for an even, smooth bass and not power. I am just utilizing 10-15% of the subs potential. My room is small 10*12 and since it is a bedroom not a lot of free space

Keeping the space issues in mind and that you dont need power, I suggest you stick to one sub and try different placement posiitons.....try the different settings and keep the settings on test for a week ...that should arrive you at a reference of what works best and a proper decision to go for a second sub or not.

Personally the Bedroom would be a place where little time is spent as most of us have chaotic busy work lives...so investing in a second sub makes sense? End of the day it is your call and choice

Keeping the space issues in mind and that you dont need power, I suggest you stick to one sub and try different placement posiitons.....try the different settings and keep the settings on test for a week ...that should arrive you at a reference of what works best and a proper decision to go for a second sub or not.

Personally the Bedroom would be a place where little time is spent as most of us have chaotic busy work lives...so investing in a second sub makes sense? End of the day it is your call and choice
Well i only use the bedroom most of the time :) it is my man cave hahahaha. I have come to an ideal placement. But i still dont get the feeling i had listening to the bic f-12 in a dual set up. So the urge is there. I wont go dual blindly.

Well i only use the bedroom most of the time :) it is my man cave hahahaha. I have come to an ideal placement. But i still dont get the feeling i had listening to the bic f-12 in a dual set up. So the urge is there. I wont go dual blindly.

Ha ha all the best...hope you attain what you are looking out for!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back