BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

Ha ha all the best...hope you attain what you are looking out for!
I am looking out for a way to audition the sub for one day on a dual set up. I will be patient and after checking all aspects only ill go for dual. And if it ends up bad i can just sell it here

Last edited:
True! If i was based in Chennai, would have come there ...checked your system and done some best fine tuning possible.......in case if not sorted and if i travel to chennai.....will pop in....ofcourse will notify you in advance.....

True! If i was based in Chennai, would have come there ...checked your system and done some best fine tuning possible.......in case if not sorted and if i travel to chennai.....will pop in....ofcourse will notify you in advance.....
Awesome. Welcome anytime :)

i just made it with rock wool
dual is way more powerful than single

i just made it with rock wool
dual is way more powerful than single
M actually looking at duals for a smooth nd even bass. For my room one is more then enough in terms of power

Well i only use the bedroom most of the time :) it is my man cave hahahaha. I have come to an ideal placement. But i still dont get the feeling i had listening to the bic f-12 in a dual set up. So the urge is there. I wont go dual blindly.
Check out with fm elangoas. He has a callibration mic, you can measure your system with single sub and if you can borrow the second sub even better, so you know what you are getting into.

Check out with fm elangoas. He has a callibration mic, you can measure your system with single sub and if you can borrow the second sub even better, so you know what you are getting into.
@elangoas ur inputs please. And abt the calibration mic what should I do with it? As in were and what to connect and take measurements?

@elangoas ur inputs please. And abt the calibration mic what should I do with it? As in were and what to connect and take measurements?

You will need a USB Microphone like UMIK-1, a laptop (or) HTPC connected to AVR via HDMI and an REW (Room EQ Wizard) and most importantly REW guide by AVS forum member in this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdhq72a1puyyxpr/REW 101 HTS Current Version.pdf?dl=0

If you can drop in to my place, i can fairly show you hands-on with subwoofer measurements..

You will need a USB Microphone like UMIK-1, a laptop (or) HTPC connected to AVR via HDMI and an REW (Room EQ Wizard) and most importantly REW guide by AVS forum member in this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdhq72a1puyyxpr/REW 101 HTS Current Version.pdf?dl=0

If you can drop in to my place, i can fairly show you hands-on with subwoofer measurements..
Thanks will definitely drop by at a convenient time for both of us in the future. I have seen a lot of videos pple doing it and explaining things in graph which I never understand.

Thanks will definitely drop by at a convenient time for both of us in the future.

Sure.. You are welcome..

I have seen a lot of videos pple doing it and explaining things in graph which I never understand.

I too face the difficulty when some of the terms are beyond my understanding.. But have made baby steps towards room acoustics..

Well lucky enough to loan a bic pl 200-ii for one day. Need to do all the tests and return tomorrow let’s see how’s the performance

Attachments

• D4A1D666-C9D7-4209-94ED-C602E38D97DA.jpeg
    D4A1D666-C9D7-4209-94ED-C602E38D97DA.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 63
Well lucky enough to loan a bic pl 200-ii for one day. Need to do all the tests and return tomorrow let’s see how’s the performance

Lucky you!

Looks nice....can you let me know what is the space (inches) kept from Dali front speakers to the wall? 2 or 3 inches? Optimal performance would atleast demand 5 to 6 inches as these speakers are very specific to placement

Lucky you!

Looks nice....can you let me know what is the space (inches) kept from Dali front speakers to the wall? 2 or 3 inches? Optimal performance would atleast demand 5 to 6 inches as these speakers are very specific to placement
5 cms from the wall. Checked in user manual and minimum is 5 can’t move them any further away from the wall

Ok.....else you could extent the glass shelf or alternatively get one of these stands which are adjustable.......

The sub I have BIC America PL 200 (series 1) is rear ported. Most of us who purchased last year are not facing any issues in performance.

I Believe that some of the users of the new PL 200 series ii are facing challenges....try to reverse the phase and see if makes some difference.....angle the sub firing direction more towards the side wall....which means the sub will be not placed straight but its face slightly tilted wall side.......there should be some difference......all these checks before spending on a new sub

Ok.....else you could extent the glass shelf or alternatively get one of these stands which are adjustable.......

The sub I have BIC America PL 200 (series 1) is rear ported. Most of us who purchased last year are not facing any issues in performance.

I Believe that some of the users of the new PL 200 series ii are facing challenges....try to reverse the phase and see if makes some difference.....angle the sub firing direction more towards the side wall....which means the sub will be not placed straight but its face slightly tilted wall side.......there should be some difference......all these checks before spending on a new sub
Yeah I am going to do al the possible tests till tomorrow. I have selected 6-7 action scenes and will test them in dual with all the possible settings. Nd next week will watch the same scenes in single set up. If difference is heaven nd earth I’ll go for dual. And regarding speakers I think 5 cm which is 2 inches are ok cause I have checked placing them away as well. I have also tested the z3 in a 2.0 and 5.0 set up in my room and 5. I find them good enough for my liking. But yeah definitely agree with ur points on placing them further away as that’s how every one sets it up. I just installed them as per my convenience. Getting svs elevations from us. Once that has arrived may be I’ll cross check the placements and re-calibrate

Hi Every one after a long 5-6 hours of testing I can say a dual sub is the way to go. In my room there are 2 negatives with dual bic. It’s to powerful nd overpowers my speaker but I enjoy it especially in action scenes. Then there are a lot of vibrations felt but both these negative points are mainly due to my sub positioning and room acoustics. Now on the positive points the bass is so even, smooth and more punchy. Now I get the thumping effect I get in movie theatres.In Pacific rim there is an action sequence where the yager looses sight of tha kaiju and walks in the city searching. When the camera is focused on the yager foot there will be a heavy thump effect. In a single set up I get the thump followed by a muddy sound like a reverb. No matter different set up nd positioning I couldn’t get rid of it. Similarly on few action scenes I notice such sound. But in a dual that muddy sound is not there. Just the crystal clear thump. I need to do some acoustic treatment which should be really effective in reducing the vibrations before I go dual. But after listening in dual,single set up is unbearable to hear for me

Well nice to hear that Dual works for you....technically since you dont have a wall on the left side based on the pic shared.....you may need dual to compensate for the bass loss and punch.......else one sub is more than enough......now it depends on each ones choices of making a subwoofer bass to add presence to the rest of the speakers or overpower the other speakers......
Bottomline if it works for you...then you should go ahead

Well nice to hear that Dual works for you....technically since you dont have a wall on the left side based on the pic shared.....you may need dual to compensate for the bass loss and punch.......else one sub is more than enough......now it depends on each ones choices of making a subwoofer bass to add presence to the rest of the speakers or overpower the other speakers......
Bottomline if it works for you...then you should go ahead
No my bedroom is enclosed by walls on al four sides. I cropped them out in the pic. I had enough punch nd power. The thing is no matter how good u set up the sub be it even high end subs dual always gives u a better experience cause the bass is more even nd smooth. As I have mentioned earlier what led me to throw my Polk nd get a bic was listening to bic f12 in a dual set up at Volumate. I have heard a lot of demos with various subs all on single set up. Never wanted to change the Polk even though it was muddy. I was even considering selling bic nd going for a single Rythmik or xtz. Then again m sure one Rythmik or xtz won’t give the results m expecting which can only be achieved in a dual.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back