BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

The sub I have BIC America PL 200 (series 1) is rear ported. Most of us who purchased last year are not facing any issues in performance.

I Believe that some of the users of the new PL 200 series ii are facing challenges....try to reverse the phase and see if makes some difference.....angle the sub firing direction more towards the side wall....which means the sub will be not placed straight but its face slightly tilted wall side.......there should be some difference......all these checks before spending on a new sub
So BIC PL200II not as good as earlier version? Is there a noticeable difference between the performance of these two versions?
I was going for BIC 200II ,, should I change it to BIC F12?:rolleyes:

So BIC PL200II not as good as earlier version? Is there a noticeable difference between the performance of these two versions?
Bic pl200-ii is way better then the f12. In fact the version ii is front ported with two ports which will be easier for placing them in tight places as well.

Rather than the F12....if you can get the H100ii......nothing like it....else settle for the PL200......once placed and optimally adjusted there should not be any challenges....

Hi, I am from Hyderabad. Got my F12 delivered yesterday from Jamsticks BANGALORE. I have recently purchased Yamaha RX-V585 AVR from local dealer. When I tried to run YPAO last night the test tones are coming out pretty loud from all the speakers except the SUB. Sound from sub is too low compared to even the tiny speaker.Played few songs through Bluetooth in stereo mode before and after running YPAO, however the sound from SUB is very low even with 50% vol on AVR.

SUB is connected to AVR through bandridge cable, one end to AVR’s Preout and other end to sub-in. Sub’s vol is set to 50% and crossover to full. AVR crossover is 80.

I am not sure if there is an issue with the sub. I have never used powered sub earlier and was using Onkyo HT-S3400 until recently.

Pls help.

in AVR go to setup--->Levels---->Subwoofer------> it will be around -10 db increase it to 0db and see if it changes -----

Hi, I am from Hyderabad. Got my F12 delivered yesterday from Jamsticks BANGALORE. I have recently purchased Yamaha RX-V585 AVR from local dealer. When I tried to run YPAO last night the test tones are coming out pretty loud from all the speakers except the SUB. Sound from sub is too low compared to even the tiny speaker.Played few songs through Bluetooth in stereo mode before and after running YPAO, however the sound from SUB is very low even with 50% vol on AVR.

SUB is connected to AVR through bandridge cable, one end to AVR’s Preout and other end to sub-in. Sub’s vol is set to 50% and crossover to full. AVR crossover is 80.

I am not sure if there is an issue with the sub. I have never used powered sub earlier and was using Onkyo HT-S3400 until recently.

Pls help.
I think during calibration the test tones played in the sub will be lesser then the test tones played in the speakers. While calibration keep the volume knob in the sub at 50%. I have no experience in YPAO so not sure how the test tones work.

Thanks Love4sound for the quick response. I just tried again after changing the speaker configuration. Made front speakers as small and I see sub is kicking in, however at >50% of AVR volume. I don’t see any thump in the sound yet. Kept the speaker levels set by YPAO as is. Front L, R, C at zero; surrounds 6.5db and sub to -10db. Any recommended settings? I know it is subjective, but still want to know.
I will manually change the speaker distance as YPAO numbers are skewed.

Thanks Love4sound for the quick response. I just tried again after changing the speaker configuration. Made front speakers as small and I see sub is kicking in, however at >50% of AVR volume. I don’t see any thump in the sound yet. Kept the speaker levels set by YPAO as is. Front L, R, C at zero; surrounds 6.5db and sub to -10db. Any recommended settings? I know it is subjective, but still want to know.
The Bic has a loud and thunderous bass with good SPL. It will take time to arrive at an ideal setting. You need to experiment for some time with all the options available. You can try increasing the sub volume to -5 or -6 DB from -10 DB and reduce the volume knob slightly if it gets to loud. For a tight and smooth bass you will have to add another sub

Run the YPAO few times and check the settings. You have to tweak these settings manually. The sub level of -10db looks low. So you can start from there increasing few dbs keeping the sub volume set at 50%

When i ran audyssey on Marantz, it set the level at -12db......then i played some songs and some movie clips where action and dialogue scenes emit the lowest and most bass.....then manually tweaked the level to -8db and it works like a charm

If the bass gets too loud, you can decrease the volume behind or adjust the avr if the sub is not accessible.....

Phase control 0 or 180 also makes a difference, alternate and see which works well for you.

It is not getting louder even after changing to -6db. Increasing to -3db is resulting into boominess, hence kept it at -6db for now.
I feel that my front FS are taking control at low volumes and sub kicks in at higher vol, say >50% on AVR. I want sub to play bigger role at lower vol. should I increase sub vol to greater than 50% or wait till it breaks in? Or is it common with Yamaha AVRs where it needs to be set at higher vol to get good sub bass?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I got W-3 level error while running the YPAO. I ignored it somehow and continued to use it. Could it be the reason why there is no thumping bass which I am looking for? My previous passive sub was giving similar bass like the bass that I am getting from this F12. I was expecting a window shattering bass from this sub.
Any FM in Hyd who owns Yam+F12, and can help me?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I got W-3 level error while running the YPAO. I ignored it somehow and continued to use it. Could it be the reason why there is no thumping bass which I am looking for? My previous passive sub was giving similar bass like the bass that I am getting from this F12. I was expecting a window shattering bass from this sub.
Any FM in Hyd who owns Yam+F12, and can help me?

Hi

The W3 error seems to be faced by many globally and possible culprits is the mic or the position of the sub.....usually happens when the sub volume is too loud.....

AVS Forums suggest when a member contacted Yamaha to disconnect the sub and do setup using YPAO.....then add the sub later adjust crossover manually and adjust the levels...another is to change the place of the sub....

Suggest you report the challenge in the Yamaha Owners Thread for the W3 error and also see this what i found over Google

Thanks effernand1. I managed to resolve the W-3 level error now. YPAO did not through this error after running it after changing sub vol from 5 to 3. However, the low bass is still an issue. I purchased this sub purely because of the bass requirement. My Onkyo skf-4800 FS are giving decent bass without SUB. I am not finding big bass difference with this sub. Should I suspect fault with the SUB?
I tried phase switch option on SUB as well as AVR. For a room size of mine(12x10), I should feel the thumping sound right after plugging in the SUB. Isn’t it?

As mentioned the YPAO on Yamaha AVR has some challenges.....please read what some have mentioned on AVS Forums.....

Alternately if another mic can be borrowed, you can try.....else try the sub on another amp / avr and then you will know if the sub is faulty or not

Hi there all hi if vision members, old, new and will to register soon on this platform. Can I just finish in 1 sentence, since I am in a hurry?
I must say. JUST PEFECTLY PERFECT, And that too at this nominal price compared to others in the same level of specifications

Thanks effernand1. I managed to resolve the W-3 level error now. YPAO did not through this error after running it after changing sub vol from 5 to 3. However, the low bass is still an issue. I purchased this sub purely because of the bass requirement. My Onkyo skf-4800 FS are giving decent bass without SUB. I am not finding big bass difference with this sub. Should I suspect fault with the SUB?
I tried phase switch option on SUB as well as AVR. For a room size of mine(12x10), I should feel the thumping sound right after plugging in the SUB. Isn’t it?
May be it's a placement issue. Subwoofers are very room dependent so if they are placed in a non-optimal position, they tend to sound very bad. Try changing the position of the subwoofer and you will definitely feel the difference.

Thumping and bominess appears cos of room and positioning imho.
Change the postion and try.
Share the images of your setup with placement of sub.

Hi

Since we have a thread for almost all brands and products, did not find one for BIC America which has now become a recent craze for most....at least for me its 3 years since i am using this brand.

This will help existing users to post their experience and challenges...also serves as a place for new potential buyers to make a good choice...

Used the DV32 5.0 speakers for close to 18 months then upgraded....there are quite good and can really handle 100watts rms power at 8 ohms load....

Used the H100ii BIC Acoustech Subwoofer.....killer experience for almost 2 years then recently upgraded to the PL200 which i could not afford then....

The only difference is the rms power output......quality and performance is the same.....F12 is miles away from the performance of H100ii and PL200..

Well thats my experience and continues to satisfy me everyday....clean bass with every kind of music or movie playback!

Sir I have one question - I am going to buy elac cinema 10 speakers set and along with that I am planning to get BIC America V1220 Venturi 12 inch sub . Do you think it is a good match leaving aside the one comes with elac cinema 10 package of elac debut S10 subwoofer. Please suggest.

Back