BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

As humans we are supposedly capable of hearing between 20hz to 20khz....

As long as you have a speaker system that can deliver almost all frequencies between this spectrum then you are sorted!

Please check the frequency response emitted by the ELAC cinema 10s...they seem to deliver between 90hz and 21khz...

The BIC V1220 outputs between 23hz to 180hz.....technically your spectrum is complete....

Depending on which AVR you have and the auto setup (Audyssey or YPAO or MCACC) the speakers would get adjusted for levels, tonal EQ and even set frequencies....

The subwoofer is quite nice and capable of delivering the lowest clean bass possible.

Subwoofer placement is key....place it appropriately....also the cables to connect the sources, subwoofer and speaker wires do matter for optimal performance and quality sound.

New speakers require 20 to 40 hours of use till they actually work very well (Break in period) so be patient.......slight tweaking of settings can be done as and when required to get the best performance.....

All the best!

Hi, I am from Hyderabad. Got my F12 delivered yesterday from Jamsticks BANGALORE. I have recently purchased Yamaha RX-V585 AVR from local dealer. When I tried to run YPAO last night the test tones are coming out pretty loud from all the speakers except the SUB. Sound from sub is too low compared to even the tiny speaker.Played few songs through Bluetooth in stereo mode before and after running YPAO, however the sound from SUB is very low even with 50% vol on AVR.

SUB is connected to AVR through bandridge cable, one end to AVR’s Preout and other end to sub-in. Sub’s vol is set to 50% and crossover to full. AVR crossover is 80.

I am not sure if there is an issue with the sub. I have never used powered sub earlier and was using Onkyo HT-S3400 until recently.

Pls help.

I hope you would have managed to fix the low bass issue from SUBWOOFER but for everyone's knowledge Yamaha's receivers have low pre-out signals compared to other brands. No matter how many times you re-run the calibration, the improvement is not going to be noteworthy. I have been through this and been advised to turn up the volume on the subwoofer to compensate the loss. In my case, in spite of using Y cable to connect both the inputs with SUB did not improve much. So it is what it is with Yamaha. Same sub wrestled out well with Onkyo and Marantz receivers.

Any idea if there is an authorized dealer for BIC America in Cochin/Ernakulam?

Not sure bro but getting from Pro Audio Home is easier and their team is super helpful.

Please reach out to Mr. Sagar, he would guide you through getting your sub locally or from their office directly.

Not sure bro but getting from Pro Audio Home is easier and their team is super helpful.

Please reach out to Mr. Sagar, he would guide you through getting your sub locally or from their office directly.

I personally second this! Exceptional Customer Service even after purchases.....very approachable and they will work out a feasible solution.

Finally, after going through this thread and reading all the positive reviews, I pulled the trigger and Bought BIC America PL200 II from Jamsticks (they don't negotiate at all). Its currently on sale for 44600 + 800 shipping to my area

Hope its a good deal and I won't regret it.

It will go with Polk Rti A7 and Denon AVR- X2600 (Building an HT and its still a WIP)

Finally, after going through this thread and reading all the positive reviews, I pulled the trigger and Bought BIC America PL200 II from Jamsticks (they don't negotiate at all). Its currently on sale for 44600 + 800 shipping to my area

Hope its a good deal and I won't regret it.

It will go with Polk Rti A7 and Denon AVR- X2600 (Building an HT and its still a WIP)

Good decision. You will plan on to add one more in the future.

Brands like Media Bridge, Blue Rigger cables can be used to begin with. They are very good for the price and should be available in Amazon

Brands like Media Bridge, Blue Rigger cables can be used to begin with. They are very good for the price and should be available in Amazon

I have media bride HDMI cables. It's really good but also very expensive. Media bridge RCA are 2k-2.5K. blue ridge is cheap but with lot of negative reviews.

Anything that's under 1K and is recommended?

Hello everyone,

Bought a BIC F12 recently. Initial impressions were, the bass was either too boomy or not there.

After a lot of trial and error -- to my surprise, it has integrated well with my Q Acoustics speakers when placed near the back wall! Now, I feel that the bass is right and feel as if the thumps are coming from my bookshelf speakers.

I think, there's still a lot to tweak to get the best bass from the F12.

Hi All,

What are the subwoofer setting for BIC PL200 II?
I did the Audyessy setup but it considers my speakers large and keeps woofer at -12 db.

I read most threads and its recommended to keep front speakers small and manually adjust the crossovers.

I am looking for crossover settings and db level.

My setup- Denon AVR -X2600H, Polk Rti a7, BIC PL 200 II

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Bought a BIC F12 recently. Initial impressions were, the bass was either too boomy or not there.

After a lot of trial and error -- to my surprise, it has integrated well with my Q Acoustics speakers when placed near the back wall! Now, I feel that the bass is right and feel as if the thumps are coming from my bookshelf speakers.

I think, there's still a lot to tweak to get the best bass from the F12.

Hi, can you share pic to get a clear idea how you placed the woofer?

Hi All,

What are the subwoofer setting for BIC PL200 II?
I did the Audyessy setup but it considers my speakers large and keeps woofer at -12 db.

I read most threads and its recommended to keep front speakers small and manually adjust the crossovers.

I am looking for crossover settings and db level.

My setup- Denon AVR -X2600H, Polk Rti a7, BIC PL 200 II

Thanks
Reduce the gain in ur sub and run audyssey again. It shouldn’t be calibrated to be at -12db. Keep running audyssey till u get -11 or 11.5 dB. A short cut would be first run audyssey at 2.1 for various gain values till you achieve 11 or 11.5 and then run audyssey with your full set up

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back