BIC America Speakers SubWoofers Owners Thread

Kei are the distributors. And profx is a dealer registered with kei. You can get both yamaha and denon from Profx

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I am aware KEI are distributors....not all PROFX stores keep Denon...dealership is fading away....its Yamaha now....

I am aware KEI are distributors....not all PROFX stores keep Denon...dealership is fading away....its Yamaha now....
Maybe its a recent development. Few months back Kolkata Profx was stuffed with denon and their website lists this year's models still

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Owner of F12, imported from USA Amazon.com in 2013
Was 110V opened the rear panel & made it 220V. All F12 are capable of doing both 110/220V.
Paired with Yamaha RX 473 with it same year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Folks,

I have a general query on usage/precautions to extend durability of BIC subwoofers.

Context: I read on the Net about some cases where people have reported failures (blows up) after a few months of use of BIC SW. It could be that those reports are dated or improper use.

While we are covered with a 5 year warranty, still considering that we are using a 230V version here, are there any general precautions for subwoofers or specifically for BIC sub-woofer that can ensure durability and extended life ?

It will benefit all the BIC SW owners, if experts can provide some best practices and care guidelines.

thanks
Vijay

Hi

Amp section covered for 2 years....

Overall subwoofer covered for 5 years...

Use it as intended to be used...i use a spike surge power guard...simple one..nothing complex of MX brand....

When you are away for longer hours / days...switch off the mains or disconnect the power plug....better safe than sorry...

Ensure enough ventilation for the rear of the sub for the port as well amp plate which gets warm...

have used the PL 200 for continous 6 hours...no issues so far (loud volumes).

In the past used the H100ii from 3pm till 2am at variable volume levels...soft loud etc...no challenges then....used that sub for close to 2 years before i moved to the PL 200

Hope this helps...

Folks,

I have a general query on usage/precautions to extend durability of BIC subwoofers.

Context: I read on the Net about some cases where people have reported failures (blows up) after a few months of use of BIC SW. It could be that those reports are dated or improper use.

While we are covered with a 5 year warranty, still considering that we are using a 230V version here, are there any general precautions for subwoofers or specifically for BIC sub-woofer that can ensure durability and extended life ?

It will benefit all the BIC SW owners, if experts can provide some best practices and care guidelines.

thanks
Vijay

Vijay any device connected under a proper voltage stabilizer will take care of its power supply. Because when there is a voltage drop or high voltage from a power socket will directly get into any device connected to it which eventually blows up the fuse or even the device. Needless to say, voltage stabilizer will regularize and make sure the device connected to it gets constant power without variation.

Beyond that not really sure what would help to protect the device. For home theatres, there are specific voltage stabilizers available in the market. You can consider VGuard Digi 200 (HT + 55" & above TV, Dish TV, Bluray / DVD player, Subwoofer) or VGuard Crystal Plus (HT + 43" & below TV, Dish TV, Bluray / DVD player, Subwoofer) which won't cost more than Rs 4,000/- or Vortex Servo Stabilizer (which costs more than usual brands). Please keep in mind, voltage stabilizer used for Air Conditioner should not be used for HT setup.

Any device includes BIC products under a good voltage stabilizer will save from any damage for sure.

Last edited:
Folks,

I recently bought a BIC F12 from Prosonics Bangalore. It is working fine - just that I feel there is a certain boominess in the bass. I am using a 2.1 system with Mission LX-2 bookshelf speakers and I primarily use it for music.

I have set the amp crossover at 100Hz in my yamaha 483 and bass speaker volume at 0 DB. On the F12 speaker, I have set volume knob at 5 and the cross-over knob turned full to 180.

Any suggestions how to improve the F12 sound.

Vijay

P.S. I have an iBall Tarang 2.1 set and am now amazed at how well (tight) the bass from that simple system sounds.

knvijay, setting the crossover to 100hz is ok, the phase should be 180, and volume you need to decide as to how loud you would like the bass to be. You could also increase the bass on the amp too. Placement plays a major role in getting the right bass. Pl do a sub crawl and see where you get the right bass and place the sub in that position.

Folks,

I recently bought a BIC F12 from Prosonics Bangalore. It is working fine - just that I feel there is a certain boominess in the bass. I am using a 2.1 system with Mission LX-2 bookshelf speakers and I primarily use it for music.

I have set the amp crossover at 100Hz in my yamaha 483 and bass speaker volume at 0 DB. On the F12 speaker, I have set volume knob at 5 and the cross-over knob turned full to 180.

Any suggestions how to improve the F12 sound.

Vijay

P.S. I have an iBall Tarang 2.1 set and am now amazed at how well (tight) the bass from that simple system sounds.

Placement of the sub is key....if in corners...it will boom.....try different places...

Secondly....any new speaker needs at least 20 to 40 hours of use...so only one it has completed this level of wear and tear then the actual performance kicks in...decide placement then.....rather than 100hz....try 80hz or 120hz and see if any difference....

The BIC F12 is much better than the TSW 200 or MS400 from a specs standpoint and even the output performance....

Back