Bigflix 3 months @ 499 rs

madbullram

Hi all,
Just got a call from Bigflix and they offered a 3 months unlimited movies 1 DVD scheme for 499 rs if you have an ICICI card. I am anyway a bigflix subscriber and have been happy with them.

If you want to try them, this is a very good offer hardly at the price of one DVD you get to see 3 months of movies. You can subscribe online, when you reach the payment page, select ICICI Card quarterly 50% offer.

If you are an existing subscriber, you need to create a new id (thats what customer care told me as its applicable only for new customers)

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I have not undated my membership since one yr.I was offered Rs.100/month unlimited & then increased step by step.

they are one of the worst services i have come across. i have been using DVD rentals since 2006

the prices are always exciting but the service very bad.
i have been using them since 2008. actually it so happened that earlier, when they started, they used to take a deposit of 1000.
i started using them and used for 1 year. then got tired and didnt renew. last year they called me to say that they would adjust the deposit in 6 months subscription.
i said OK and started using but nothing had changed. the service was still pathetic.
now my membership is expiring in feb and no ways will i renew it.

i had earlier tried 70mm services too. they were even worse at the beginning, but it being a small co compared to big the service was better then big (now i feel that ways)

so when my big gets over i may take 70mm. but BIG - NEVER

the prices are always exciting but the service very bad.
but BIG - NEVER

Bigflix service and availability of latest movies has gone from best ---to---->worst last year.I took their annual subscriptions for three years in a row, but haven't renewed since OCT/2010.The number of subscribers have increased but they still keep only a few copies of movies and the Queue is always very long.

I too have been a member of Bigflix for 2-3 years. I have never faced issues with service but it is true that the quality and recent movie stock has really come down. I too will probably not renew.

I used Bigflix for one year to watch World Cinema movies.Excellent prints and excellents service.
Receive at least one call a week from them for renewal,but as they have not added many more films to their world cinema section,I am not interested.Best price I had negoiated with them earlier was 2250 for a full year for one movie at a time.I think now the annual sub with/ without the ICICI card may work out even cheaper than their three month price.But perhaps it makes better sense for a newcomer to try the service for three months first.
While I was a member I had cued up over a 100 movies.I actually watched about 60 in that year,so the average price per dvd worked out to less than 40 bucks.Not bad!And one can potentially watch a movie a day.All the films used to show as available,because the number of subscribers was less,and because I had primarily cued up world cinema movies.But now I believe most movies you cue up are not readily available and show messages like short wait,long wait etc. because the demand is outstripping the supply.Inevitable problem, as more people join but the number of prints are not increased in proportion.
Secondly,with more circulation,the quality of prints will deteriorate,just the way it did with the small rental shops.Does Bigflix check each and every print and replace it with a fresh copy after a certain number of issues?I doubt it.
Thirdly like most rental services they do not guarantee that every dvd will work on a computer.A few did not work on my Windows PC.Most did not work with Front Office on my Mac.But then Steve Jobs wants a world where everyone purchases stuff only through iTunes:sad:

Last edited:
@Den: I took a 2 months in 70mm and though I paid for 2 months I got so fed up i cancelled it at the end of 1 month losing out 1 month cost.Hopefully their mumbai service will be better

Did not renew my 70mm subscription after their service went from good to worse. Now they are slow even in q'ing up movies.

Last edited:
I had 6 months subscription of Bigflix which ended in Aug'2010.

I did not face any problem and thier service is Gurgaon is very good.

I did not renew it for my own reasons (like shifting focus to blu-ray, cleared almost all back log of movies). :)

I am member since almost 3 years. I have tried other rentals...but personally I feel Bigflix is best available as of now. Well.... I agree with other members complaints but other companies are much more worse.

I was one of the first few customers in Hyderabad and have been continuing since and never had any trouble with their door delivery services, excepting that many of the outlets were closed closer to home. This makes one apprehend continuation of this project by Reliance. Undoubtedly, things did not turn out the way Reliance had expected.

IMHO, we should support this venture for the simple fact the collection of moves in BigFlix HUGE indeed.

Your thoughts

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back