Bolton fullrange drivers

IMG-20150112-WA0034_zpsyv43rscm.jpeg

Today's progress.

Hey, those look uncannily like the Wibaqs!! :)

I can see a panel behind the cabinet behind the open speaker cut-out. Is that a fold in the cabinet or something else? What are the reflectors used for and how many per cabinet?

May we have the line's length and the vent area please? Also, the internal dimensions of the box if you don't mind.

Yes, they are looking like WIBAQ's, yes that panel is the fold. Reflectors are used to reflect the waves which are traveling at the top of the cab and direct them to the port. Line length is calculated based on the Fs of the driver which I didnt have in hand when the cab was being designed, I have used the length for AD9710 Fs.
External dimensions are around 1150x350x400 mm, panel thickness is 18mm.

A basic query.
Explain reflector in your speaker design. I thought there is a cutout on the right (from viewer side) speaker top. Is that a reflector.
Cutout at base front are for air pass, right?
May be a photo of the back will explain things to me.
Sorry for the trouble.

The Fullrange Speakers which I received from
"Big Heart" Amateur Audiophile are The Original 6.5" Fullrange Drivers (Accordian type suspension) which were copied & refined by Lii Audio by implementing inverted surround suspension so that bass could go down to 40 hz wher as The original's are limited to 50-60 hz but these Sound Lifelike when it comes to Mid Bass, Midrange & Mid highs !

Yes I'm interested if you let me know how soft the suspensions are by some data.56468358_2186645588091264_7935617537533482862_n.jpg

Last edited:
This thread seems to have galloped pretty long way and time..... I kind of get amused reading my own posts too.... !!!

Currently FR with dual woofers in H frame is banging the neighbors too ! Don't go by the looks. Its still experimental to pave way to final (hopefully) iteration of good looking OBs with dual 15" woofers. And it does sound awesome from 17K down to 38Hz of seamless integration in a 2 way ...... Those white cone FR are F6 by Lii Audio driven from SET. ( BTW there could be another group buy for F6, a few slots remaining. Landing price would be 7-8K each pair, all paid. Interested ? PM me )

View attachment 38001

This Setup looks like "THE WALL" .. :p

I have recently got same Hi Q driver. We have tested it in 40lt bass reflex design. It sounds very good. Experienced members here and another forums suggested TL for it.

Brother let me know where I can get these drivers .

I have another 6.5" Philips full range pair. They sound much better than Philips 8" but I could not get any info abut them.

Regards
Sachin

Anyone heard of Luxco speakers? This brand was also quite commonly used by local speaker manufacturers and DIY enthusiasts in the 1980s.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back