Bookshelf recommendation please

So i ended up taking the plunge with the Quad SC-2 Centre Channel. They're larger than the Quad SC centres (5 inch driver as opposed to the 4" in the SC) and more importantly, they will match my S5s so that the centre channel will hopefully achieve perfect synergy with the fronts.

The Quad SC-2 came out days after I got my Quad SC. Not much of a price difference between them, (just checked the prices. They are currently cheaper than what I paid for the SC !!!!) I would have preferred the bigger SC-2.

Am sure you will be happy with it but don't expect it to perform and sound like the S5's. My SC doesn't. Use the centre for music, some of the magic is gone. But it does bring in something new with the 5.1.2 playing and its a different kind of fun.

Thank you. Although the price is double. Checked with prices of other speakers also. All of them are almost double. Elac 2.0 B5.2 is for 50k/pair on that site.
That’s the first time I am seeing that with a grill. Though it has a vintage touch, I understand this is intentional to blend with furniture than screaming “I am a speaker” like the kef ls 50

time to look for other speakers! ;)
Or wait until new sites which originally sold older debuts for reasonable price has them in stock

The Quad SC-2 came out days after I got my Quad SC. Not much of a price difference between them, (just checked the prices. They are currently cheaper than what I paid for the SC !!!!) I would have preferred the bigger SC-2.

Am sure you will be happy with it but don't expect it to perform and sound like the S5's. My SC doesn't. Use the centre for music, some of the magic is gone. But it does bring in something new with the 5.1.2 playing and its a different kind of fun.
I didn't realise you had the SCs. I should have ideally consulted with you first. I guess i rushed into it as soon as i saw the SC-2s at the current price.

I was actually looking for the Wharfedale Evo 4.c (an 18 kg behemoth of a centre channel with 6.5 inch drivers) which was not in stock (only the 4.CS was) when i chanced to stumble upon these and though i am a big proponent of big centre channels, the SC2 did not seem too shabby by comparison. I always wanted the Quad SC centres despite the 4 inch drivers, simply because nothing does voices better than the Quads and the price just happened to be right.

i'll also hang back and see if the Evo 4.c becomes available sometime in the future. In the meantime, i guess its time to put up the Concept Centre for sale. I'll be sad to see it go.

I am using elac debut reference and I did a/b test with different amps between q acoustics 3030i and elac debut reference and I could hear lot of difference between the two speakers. Elac debut reference is much better. It is natural, organic sounding and Bass is great for bookshelf speaker. I also heard tower speakers of elac dfr52 and Q acoustics 3050i and also fyne audio 501. Decided upon bookshelf elac debut reference. I am pairing with Audiolab 6000a amplifier.

My experience with kef as well Regarding amplification except that it does not pair well with class d. Im surprised you said they need to price their stuff better. I got my kef q350s for 44k and the compelling reason was the price in india compared to the price which its peers were being sold for (the emit m20 was 69k and b&w 606 was 70.)

Can I please ask where did you get q350s for 44k.

Forum members request recommendation for good bookshelves to be used with a Yamaha amp (rn602)

Budget - sub INR 50k
Music type - rock, lot of classical both old / modern esp. piano based, bit of trance
Room - 200 sq ft
No plans for getting a subwoofer
Placement- bookshelf for time being
Sources - music collection + streaming.. both over WiFi mostly

Current consideration set - elac b6.2, wharfedale 11.2, q acoustics 3030, mission qx2. Pl add.

Looking for an easy to enjoy, reasonably powerful and good balanced sound across frequency spectrum which will hopefully last some years.

Thanks.
Kef

Have dynaudio emit m20s am in love with em.. am looking for Elac or Fyne audio speakers now...

Klipsch R-41M is pretty good. I am using Jamo bookshelves with Yamaha Active sub. Klipsch is couple of notches above Jamo (since acquired by Klipsch). Yamaha active subs are budget friendly and enhances bass greatly. They are available in Amazon or any Cinebells store. Of course sun can be bought later. Klipsch sounds good even without subs but keep the option open.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back