Bookshelf speakers for Onkyo HTS-3300

rrprakash

Hi everyone, :)

This is my first thread in Hifivision.

Based on the recommendations and reviews by HFV members, :clapping: I have recently purchased Onkyo HTS-3300 Home theater system and quite happy with its performance.

As I am more inclined towards music, request experts to suggest a good pair of bookshelf speakers to connect with receiver's B speaker terminals.

Regards

R R Prakash

Last edited:
welcome to hfv,have a nice stay....
u didn't mentioned ur budget,
wharfedale 9.2, polk tsi200,...........
there is wharf 8.1 sale in for sale section u can try it also...

Welcome to HFV!!

For quality music playback, you would need an stereo amplifier in place of an AVR. Also, music playback from a dedicated CD player will be much better than the one from your DVD player. Remember, your output is only as good as the input so source makes a big difference too. I realized what a CDP can do just a few days ago and have already decided my next purchase. I thought I will be buying a pair of speakers first but ever since I heard my speakers with a dedicated CDP, I realized that they actually don't sound that bad..

If you can answer the following questions, it will be easier to advise:

1. What is your budget?
2. What kind of music do you listen to?

Is music on your system dominated by bass? If yes, it is primarily because of AVR and DVD player. Switch these two and you may not even need a new pair of speakers. Haven't heard the Onkyos so can't comment much..

Good luck!

Prashanth

Welcome to HFV...
You can go for Q-acoustic,wharfedale,Tannoy,polk which matches well with Onkyo.
So check your budget & take demo accordingly.

For quality music playback, you would need an stereo amplifier in place of an AVR. Also, music playback from a dedicated CD player will be much better than the one from your DVD player

Any additional utility for the AVR while using a stereo amp? Or would it not be part of the setup at all. (I.E : Use stereo amp+existing AVR to perform any duties?)

Last edited:
Any additional utility for the AVR while using a stereo amp? Or would it not be part of the setup at all. (I.E : Use stereo amp+existing AVR to perform any duties?)
Unfortunately, your AVR won't be a part of the stereo setup if you get an amplifier... You can use the AVR when watching movies..

Back