Bought Big TV HD DVR

sunnysharma

Hey guys i just got my Big Tv Hdr yest and have had the chance to watch it till late last night and i want to share my views on it with you guys.
1. Delivery: Got the delivery promptly at the time which was told to me( within 24 hrs inspite company telling me within 48 hrs)
2. The box: It comes with the dth set cum dvr which is pretty small and slick compared to say tata sky+, with rca cables + remote, no HDMI cable in the box.
3. Pack: I bought it with the Diamond pack which includes 159 channels plus one NG HD. This pack comes with the new set up by paying 500 extra for 3 months of subscription.
4. Menu and ease of use: The menu is pretty standard, but i found some buttons on the remote not responsing well when pressed, like the My Content button does not respond at all(where all the recorded stuff is stored), so i had to painfully got through the home menu page to find it. Though its preety simple to use, there is a lag when i press the button to flip to the next channel, Tata Sky is better in this. Sometimes the channel's program listing and timings were not displayed making it useless for me to record programs for later. But otherwise it was pretty ok.
5. Picture Quality: This is the only place where the BIG TV guys impressed me apart from the small size of the set. The picture quality of even the SD channels is much better than my old Tata Sky. The NG HD is superb though at times there is some purple in the portions of black and white for example a zebra. Its a Shame that Big Tv guys are not putting the FiFA world cup finals in HD. But im content with the picture qualityof the receiver and this with th RCA cables because i haven't even got the HDMI cable yet( its on its way tho, will write about it tom)

Overall im pretty satisfied but the slow speed between shifting from one channel to the other is a pain. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions and questions. These are just my first impressions so don't judge me or the product. Cheers

im sorry havent seen tata sky hd yet..... but i will be upgrading my old tata sky with hd very soon... will let u know then!!

ok guys i tried to use my tv with the HDMI cable...... and to my shock.... i cant see the entire picture. i get audio and video with hdmi cable but the picture is zoomed in and cropped....can see only part of the actual picture on my tv.....i tried checking every possible setting in big tv and my samsung tv... but noo use... have registered a complaint with reliance...hope they help me. Anyone out here who has faced the same problem or knows the solution to this.....please help me out.

Only selected channels are in HD. For e.g. with Big TV HD I currently get only one HD channel, i.e. National Georgraphic HD.

For me, all channels fill the entire screen or appear in letter-box mode. I have selected "Screen Fit" for Picture size in my TV settings.

Keep the STB on standby.
Keep the red button on the remote pressed for a few seconds.
The first installation screen is dispalyed. Navigate and press OK.
This will start a re-scan of the channels and some software download.
Once the process is completed, you should be able to view the picture correctly.

Keep the STB on standby.
Keep the red button on the remote pressed for a few seconds.
The first installation screen is dispalyed. Navigate and press OK.
This will start a re-scan of the channels and some software download.
Once the process is completed, you should be able to view the picture correctly.

Hey it worked......but now a new p[roblem has arrived.....in the guide section im not getting different genres for channels like sports, music etc, instead it just says tv channels and radio channels..... any idea about this.

Hey it worked......but now a new p[roblem has arrived.....in the guide section im not getting different genres for channels like sports, music etc, instead it just says tv channels and radio channels..... any idea about this.

Yes that happens when you do a factory reset but all those music,sports etc will come back after a few hrs of use.

Its best to use a custom mode,where you can only keep the channels you watch,which usually won't be more then 20 to 40 channels.

hey thanks for the reply.....do we atleast get 16:9 aspect ration for SD channels ??? that way atleast we need not stretch the screen sideways .

In the menu of the BIG TV HD DVR there is an option for picture size- 4:3 and 16:9 even for sd channels so there should not be any problem as such.....

Yes that happens when you do a factory reset but all those music,sports etc will come back after a few hrs of use.

Its best to use a custom mode,where you can only keep the channels you watch,which usually won't be more then 20 to 40 channels.

Yep it works just fine now... thank u soo much....btw.. the BIG TV guys still haven't bothered to contact me even after registering a complaint about 3 days back!!!!:mad: But thanks to you i can enjoy my TV with the HDMI cable.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back