Bravia HX750 successor - W802A

A little off topic but guys help me out.I am confused which led has better PQ 46 Bravia HX750 or 46 W700A.Which one should i buy.I mainly use tv for gaming and blu ray movies.

940:1 contrast. Same as LG.

Shame !!!

I won't be recommending this TV to anyone for sure with such pathetic contrast.

Panels being used in the w802 series:
KDL-55W805:LC550EUF-FFP2-00
KDL-47W805:LC470EUF-FFP2-00
KDL-42W805:LC420EUF-FFP2-00

If you google the 'LC420EUF' part it gives you links to panelook.com where it shows that this type of naming convention belongs to LG Panels.

LC420EUF-FEP1 is the closest that I found to the LC420EUF-FFP2 used here.Check out the specs.

Also, here is a list of all 42" 1080p Panels. You will see that AUO has much better Contast Ratio for all their Panels.

Sony already has a tie-up with AUO for w900 panels.I feel they should have gone with AUO for IPS Panels as well.

^

Absolutely, but do they support Passive 3D ?

Sony uses AUO panels this year for W900/X900/W700/W600

Apparently W700 PQ matches HX850. Sadly it doesn't have 3D. :(

940:1 contrast. Same as LG.

Shame !!!

I won't be recommending this TV to anyone for sure with such pathetic contrast.

what do you expect from IPS...atleast sony's video processing is far superior than lg's.

^

With a better backlight system Sony could have managed 2000:1 + but sadly they decided to opt for cost cuts instead.

Understandable considering Sony's aim at profit this year but really bad for consumers.

This year Sony's PQ advantage over rivals is lost. Only W700/W900 are better than competition.

W600/650/800 are behind Samsung.

W800 is definitely better than LG/Panasonic Passive 3D models but that is not a compliment at all IMO.

2013 BRAVIA range is a disappointment IMO. No local dimming set, sub par IPS panels, worse design than monolithic, etc.

Triluminos is the only saving grace - only on W900/X900 sadly.

Last edited:
but if I have to compare overall pic quality between 42/47/55 inch IPS sony and lg which one will be superior?

Sony "might" be better. Motion will be definitely better but I'm not so sure about colors as its pointed out in the review of W800 that colors have big problems. Not accurate at all.

Contrast and blacks will be tie.

3D is also better on Sony.

EDIT:

Just had a brief look at the W800. Didn't play with any settings or anything, but it definitely looked very good with the Bluray feed. :) Looked more like a Sony Bravia than a LG set.

Last edited:
^

Absolutely, but do they support Passive 3D ?

Sony uses AUO panels this year for W900/X900/W700/W600

Apparently W700 PQ matches HX850. Sadly it doesn't have 3D. :(

Yes the AUO panels now have passive 3d.

Not sure whether the W600 uses AUO panel.Time to check the service menus again.

but if I have to compare overall pic quality between 42/47/55 inch IPS sony and lg which one will be superior?
The sony historically had a better image processing besides now all models get the X-reality PRO and its motion flow is the best out there.

What Sony must have thought is that if LG can sell more tvs worldwide with inferior contrast and overall picture quality, then Sony must be doing something wrong.
With LG supplying panels its cheaper then other VA panels.You also get bigger screen size like 47" vs 46" for VA panels and you also get cheap passive 3d.

I think Sony is playing safe this year they have both models for people who want passive 3d and ips panels and for people who want deep contrast.

If one doesn't need 3d,the W700 looks its one of the best 2D only tvs out there with Motionflow,VA panel and X-reality pro.

Last edited:
Just had a brief look at the W800. Didn't play with any settings or anything, but it definitely looked very good with the Bluray feed. :) Looked more like a Sony Bravia than a LG set.
:thumbsup:

Seems you got a chance to check it in person. Does the review above match with what you saw. Also, how much are they quoting for it.

A little off topic but guys help me out.I am confused which led has better PQ 46 Bravia HX750 or 46 W700A.Which one should i buy.I mainly use tv for gaming and blu ray movies.

Don't know how we missed your post.

This one is a close call. PQ-wise they will be quite alike and both will suffice your needs. w700A has better media format support, if that is of interest to you.
Check them out in person before you take the final call.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back