Bravia HX750 successor - W802A

What....i think 850 was selling for 85 +..750 was going for 76-78..it is only recently 750 is selling for 72kish..

By what date professional reveiws are expected to come out ,been waiting for them so that i can make the final decision , right now totally confused

What....i think 850 was selling for 85 +..750 was going for 76-78..it is only recently 750 is selling for 72kish..
The prices you mention are the marked down prices after the new replacements were announced. 40HX850 was INR 93,900 MRP and selling for 4K less in the shops.

By what date professional reveiws are expected to come out ,been waiting for them so that i can make the final decision , right now totally confused

@shainz bhai, some good news for you, if you are interested in the w802A.
ebay india - w802

Now, this also makes me think there is a very remote possibility, the w900 would be cheaper and well within reach of us buyers.

@shainz bhai, some good news for you, if you are interested in the w802A.
ebay india - w802

Now, this also makes me think there is a very remote possibility, the w900 would be cheaper and well within reach of us buyers.
thanks mayhem for the link, price is really very attractive, how is able to sell it so cheap with 1 year warranty

I seriously don't know how he is giving it away so cheap. But online prices(especially on e-bay) give you a great insight into the pricing of the products and whats the best bargain price. I expect this TVs price to be retailing at arnd 75-76K in a month or two. By that time, w900 will also have been released worldwide and reviewed by all major sites along with the w802. Its a great time to buy the tv then.

some good news finally sony american website is showing delivery date of 55inch w900 around 20th may and prices are also down earlier prices were 3300$ then 3000$ and now 2799$, so it might be priced same as hx850

Thanks for the cnet review of 802a on another thread.
According to the review, even w802a is beating w900 w.r.t shadow details in the PQ.
I am feeling certain now, after both cnet and whathifi are concurring on the shadow details, that w900 is coming out to to be underperformer in this department.
After all, producing strong blacks without shadow details is not acceptable.

They haven't yet reviewed the W900.

But HDtvtest did mention that if the details are dark change the setting
" While we loved that Sony is targeting this value by default in [Cinema 1] mode, shadow detail may appear too dark on screen in the presence of competing ambient light, such as in a bright or even moderately-lit room. This is not helped by the default [LED Dynamic Control] setting of Standard whose dimming algorithm is quite aggressive. If youre having problems with crushed shadow detail on your W905A, try increasing [Gamma] to 0?, and disabling [LED Dynamic Control]."

Thanks for the cnet review of 802a on another thread.
According to the review, even w802a is beating w900 w.r.t shadow details in the PQ.
I am feeling certain now, after both cnet and whathifi are concurring on the shadow details, that w900 is coming out to to be underperformer in this department.
After all, producing strong blacks without shadow details is not acceptable.

That's not an issue, its down to the calibration. As HDTVTest mentioned you can easily get rid of by changing the LED Dynamic Control to Low and Gamma to 0

TelevisionInfo review - Sony Bravia W802A Review - TelevisionInfo.com

w802a.jpg

Contrast.jpg

The interesting thing in the above graph is that the W802A is a 2013 LED LCD that's beaten by a plasma in peak brightness o_O

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back