Bravia HX750 successor - W802A

LM 7600 is not a great one as far as my experience goes. In fact I liked LM6700 more than that, though I have not demoed them enough.

Regarding, W800 & HX750, yet to get an opportunity to demo them together, but I think they are comparable. Although clearly W800 has an edge for PQ, but I think 3D performance was not that great, at least I saw crosstalk even with S490, for most of the viewing angles. Only at around 8-10 ft and directly facing the TV, crosstalk was not there (this is for the demo 3D content of Sony).

That was some childish talk. Dirac, Kix, Shaiju, and others, my request, we should not give lot of importance to such stupid posts. In extreme cases we shall request MOD to ban/delete such posts.

Great that you have been posting a lot of valuable comments. Frankly speaking it helps a lot of people, including your's truly, who is still in the hunt for a bigger TV, out of which Sony LED is one, apart from Samy Plasma, and Pana Plasma. Will decide once the new series is readily available for demo and at a price I am comfortable with.

That was some childish talk. Dirac, Kix, Shaiju, and others, my request, we should not give lot of importance to such stupid posts. In extreme cases we shall request MOD to ban/delete such posts.

Great that you have been posting a lot of valuable comments. Frankly speaking it helps a lot of people, including your's truly, who is still in the hunt for a bigger TV, out of which Sony LED is one, apart from Samy Plasma, and Pana Plasma. Will decide once the new series is readily available for demo and at a price I am comfortable with.
Ah! Cool, my friend! We are all enjoying stupidity. After all this "tech forum" needs some fun and relaxation from time to time.

Dropped my plans to buy w800 , now waiting for w900 to be launched , went to sony store today sales guy showed me the email they had received from sony , w950 46 inch has been launched mrp is 132900/= should be available within next few days email had no mention of 55 inch model

I asked the Sony W802A reviewer for TelevisionInfo.com the below question.

Hi Josh,

which is better among W802A, LM7600 & LA7400 for the below categories

1) Sharper picture in 3D (Since Passive 3D causes horizontal lines
visible, which among these TVs best preserves the horizontal resolution)

2) Black Level (With obviously contrasting white level)

Price I got for these TVs in India

LG 47LA6910 1,05,000 INR
LG 47LM7600 1,07,000 INR
Sony 47W800 99,000 INR

Josh Fields > Bharath Kumar 18 hours ago ?

Unless you're watching a 3D movie really close to the screen, you shouldn't notice any horizontal lines. With that said, LG's 3D quality is top-notch. And while LG panels are typically super-bright, the LM7600 tested with a fantastic black level.

But still when seen in person, w800 deceived my eye. The picture popped out unlike the LG which performed more like a brightroom plasma - DULL. :( Also the LM7600 is 10K higher

According to my testing side by side both lm7600 and hx750, anybody can easily pickup the hx750. One need not be an expert for this.
The details and contrasts of w802a will definitely beat hx750.
For me, the comparisons safely remove lm7600 out of the equation. As simple as that.

hi guys..possibly my first post on the blog..but simply in awe of the discussion...amazing to find ppl who do such in depth research...I own a hx750...frankly speaking it was tough to make a choice b/w sony,sammy and lg...found sammy to b the better deal maker wid its combo pack..and lg lost the race at sales pitch...at the end of the day went fr sony..though do feel sammy PQ has smoother edges while sony is sharp and with the default settings red rather looks pink...wld appreciate help frm sony owners on dis...also..nt been really able to make use of its smart features..and used 3d jus once !!!

hi guys..possibly my first post on the blog..but simply in awe of the discussion...amazing to find ppl who do such in depth research...I own a hx750...frankly speaking it was tough to make a choice b/w sony,sammy and lg...found sammy to b the better deal maker wid its combo pack..and lg lost the race at sales pitch...at the end of the day went fr sony..though do feel sammy PQ has smoother edges while sony is sharp and with the default settings red rather looks pink...wld appreciate help frm sony owners on dis...also..nt been really able to make use of its smart features..and used 3d jus once !!!
Smart features are totally useless in my honest opinion. I am not surprised that you have not been able to use them. As far as 3D is concerned, you may find it slightly useful if you have the sources (films).

I dunno why you keep on insisting on the point that "Smart Features are useless. Do not buy TV based on that. " Also at some places I guess you've mentioned "3D is just a gimmick. Do not buy TV based on that".
Yeah I do have the same feeling - I would never use most of the features of my ordinary TV itself. Smart is way beyond my thinking.

But will all of them have similar requirements? There would be some people who wouldn't want much better PQ but rather focus on other stuffs like design, slimness, features, warranty etc., Who are we to tell them otherwise?

In my case, 3D experience and PQ is as important as 2D's PQ. Of course, I won't get the same effect as theater, but I'm trying to find a solution closer to it. Some of the movies, when watched in 3D gives a great experience and most importantly great entertainment.

And when people like me, ask you gurus for help, please pour in some valuable suggestions that's best for us.

@just4kix - just IMHO

Smart features are totally useless in my honest opinion. I am not surprised that you have not been able to use them. As far as 3D is concerned, you may find it slightly useful if you have the sources (films).

I dunno why you keep on insisting on the point that "Smart Features are useless. Do not buy TV based on that. " Also at some places I guess you've mentioned "3D is just a gimmick. Do not buy TV based on that".
Yeah I do have the same feeling - I would never use most of the features of my ordinary TV itself. Smart is way beyond my thinking.

But will all of them have similar requirements? There would be some people who wouldn't want much better PQ but rather focus on other stuffs like design, slimness, features, warranty etc., Who are we to tell them otherwise?

In my case, 3D experience and PQ is as important as 2D's PQ. Of course, I won't get the same effect as theater, but I'm trying to find a solution closer to it. Some of the movies, when watched in 3D gives a great experience and most importantly great entertainment.

And when people like me, ask you gurus for help, please pour in some valuable suggestions that's best for us.

@just4kix - just IMHO

Just my thought here: I think people would never settle for an avearge or moderate level PQ unless their budget restricts them to settle so. So it is the budget which dictates whether to go with a model of excellent PQ or stick with the model even if the PQ is average/moderate. Once the person decides on a list of budget oriented TV models of avearge/moderate PQ, then that person selects one among them based on the feature set comparison. I am not saying features comparison is irrelevant, but becomes releavant only after what the budget dictates so.

Also, there is an attempt by all the brands to focus or advertise more on feature-set than on PQ. This will simply mislead people because the primary purpose of any TV is to display the images to the bestv possible it can and the rest comes next. But most of the brands highlight a lot on the smart or cool features and this is just to justify their pricing. It is a well known tactic for manufacturers to hype their product and it is a simple marketing ploy to attract customers. While there is nothing wrong in that, but we must keep or create that awareness so that new buyers are not misled by such marketing ploys. So it is more of creating awareness rather than misleading people. So this is my point. I agree we shouldn't decide on what ones requirements are, but telling people not to be misled by the fancy features is only for creating the awareness. Once that is created, let the individual buy what he/she feels good.

As far as 3D is concerened, what many of us say is to give least priority to that. The reasons are :- Most of the times, we will spend times watching 2D more than 3D and so we tend to give priority to 3D. The next reason is that 3D is not so great watching on smaller TV screens. Watching on bigger screens will be of help. Again, the primary purpose of any TV is to show good 2D and that is what a new buyer should be aware of rather than allowing the buyer to fall into the marketing trap.

Last edited:
I am certain that a few users do find smart TV features fun and perhaps even useful. In the US and other such places where there are tons of services such as Netflix, Amazon video, etc., they are certainly a boon. I base my comments purely based on the Indian context. I do feel that these are very rarely used by most junta. Hence I say don't base your purchase on these fancy features. That's all. No offence meant. :)

For me, the smartest feature I find useful are youtube portal and screen sharing with a smartphone.
Oflate I am not getting 3d versions of the blurays as I find it unnecessary adding no value to the pic.
But my friend who has lg 4200 is totally obsessed with 3d. He gets all 3d rips from Internet and repeatedly watch them.
But he too is not happy with the latest 3d movies as he claims nothing is jutting out of the tv.:D

As far as 3D is concerened, what many of us say is to give least priority to that. The reasons are :- Most of the times, we will spend times watching 2D more than 3D and so we tend to give priority to 3D. The next reason is that 3D is not so great watching on smaller TV screens. Watching on bigger screens will be of help. Again, the primary purpose of any TV is to show good 2D and that is what a new buyer should be aware of rather than allowing the buyer to fall into the marketing trap.

Hmmm... Even I feel the same, watching a 3D movie on a small screen wouldn't be so engaging. And moreover, the current movies, in which the 3D tech is used for DEPTH rather than POP really requires the screen to be big for the user to be sucked in into the environment. But if it is achieved, it'll be a far more better experience than in 2D.

And I guess, sitting at 5-6' from a 47" TV should be somewhere near to that i guess..

I am certain that a few users do find smart TV features fun and perhaps even useful. In the US and other such places where there are tons of services such as Netflix, Amazon video, etc., they are certainly a boon. I base my comments purely based on the Indian context. I do feel that these are very rarely used by most junta. Hence I say don't base your purchase on these fancy features. That's all. No offence meant. :)

It was just my opinion after seeing ur comments on many threads.. no offense intended here too

Oflate I am not getting 3d versions of the blurays as I find it unnecessary adding no value to the pic.
But my friend who has lg 4200 is totally obsessed with 3d. He gets all 3d rips from Internet and repeatedly watch them.
But he too is not happy with the latest 3d movies as he claims nothing is jutting out of the tv.:D

Movies like prometheus, adventures of tin tin focus more on depth rather than popping out 3D like Final Destination 5.

Even in theater you will get the same experience. For DEPTH 3D movies, if you sit really close to the screen you ll feel like you are into that environment. But if u sit far back at A row or B row, then you wouldn't notice anything, unlike movies with POPout 3D where u ll feel the effect till the very last row...

In my opinion, pop-out 3D is more a first-time enthraller. As stated in some review somewhere, the fun of people throwing pies at you does not last too long. Even in natural world, our eyes see depth and not pop-outs.

I really enjoyed the depths of 3D in Hugo 3D. Even Avatar had lot of depth. It had pop-outs too but people remember that only.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back