Bravia HX750 successor - W802A

Is samsung 7 series better than w800 in comparison

I saw the sammy 7 two months ago when I was comparing hx750 and lg7600.

Samsung produces sweet images with smoothly rounded off edges and lush colours. Anyone in the family would be very pleased with samsung trademark image. Above that ,the smart features also have fairly evolved to give an overall pleasing tv buying experience.

But sony 800 appears to mean business with its incredible PQ and monstrous details. I am still surprised how sony engineers could make possible a set like w800 in just one year even though they incorporated a totally new kind of panel.

Though I would go for a coin toss to pick between the two, I would definitely load the coin so that I can pickup this thunderbolt --w802a;)

Guys,
Can trustedreviews.com be trusted.
I ask this because they are stating that this set has an input lag of only 6ms despite using an IPS Panel. :eek:

Guys,
Can trustedreviews.com be trusted.
I ask this because they are stating that this set has an input lag of only 6ms despite using an IPS Panel. :eek:

Yes. Trustedreviews is a good reviewing house in my view. I just now saw the review. The only concern it was raising was of the black levels of this set.
It is understandable as he was comparing it with last year's hx850 rather than hx750, that too of a set without local dimming.

But getting black levels of a hx850 for 99k may not be possible. Anyways people who are conscious of black levels will turn to plasmas.

An led set with 6ms lag and the kind of authority with which it is dishing out details of Picture in the bright scenes, I would'nt think twice to buy it.

Did a demo again of the W800.

The picture quality is good but nothing great shakes. Better compared to HX750.

The advantages of IPS clearly shows. It has good viewing angles though the blue tinge was evident. It is less distracting in a well lit environment.

The colors are bit overblown. It may look good and many will fall in love. It had to since the IPS hides shadow details. Also it is weak on contrast. Sony has cleverly tried to hide the weaknesses of IPS. It covers shadow details more evenly than looking grey. Also it is cool looking in warm 2 mode. As such many will mistake it for pop.

It is less sharp than the Samsung F6400. The F7500 was better than both the lower Samsung and Sony.

My opinion is that Sony is charging too much. Demo continues tomorrow. Super excited.

Ahh. That's good in a way as you said..
A mistaken for pop,
A mistaken for lush colours,
A mistaken for "good IPS panel"

All the mistakes are making this set really enjoyable.

BTW, what could be the price of f7? Is it coming for less than 99k?

most probably i will book 47inch w800 on monday ,took demo of 46inch samsung 7 series looked good price quoted 1.29 lacs much pricey compared to w800.

most probably i will book 47inch w800 on monday ,took demo of 46inch samsung 7 series looked good price quoted 1.29 lacs much pricey compared to w800.

All the best!!
Please don't forget to get the Sony s490 bdp along with it. It appears that the two are made for each other.

Saw w802 in action today.
55"w80 vs 55" LM7600 side by side.
1) Some demo content
2) 1 min of hobbit 3D
3) Ice age trailer.

The Ice age trailer looked way too good (pretty bad in purists' term).

This is how the comparison looked like. LG looked LIKE the left side of the second image and Sony looked LIKE the right side of the altered image...

TVc.jpg

Source: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1328263571

Now I see the point why cnet, televisioninfo guys have rated LM7600 higher than W802.

Last edited:
According to my testing side by side both lm7600 and hx750, anybody can easily pickup the hx750. One need not be an expert for this.
The details and contrasts of w802a will definitely beat hx750.
For me, the comparisons safely remove lm7600 out of the equation. As simple as that.

I saw the review at cnet. Actually it tries to compare it with pana st60.
That's not fair for a LED TV.
How can leds come to the level of st50/st60?
I think what he meant was that st60 is a better option as the price is comparable or cheaper than this set.
But we all know that plasmas are not for everybody.

And in between it tries to compare 802 to the giant-w900, which is again not fair.
I tested hx850 yesterday with the same scene of Avengers, not with bdp s490 but the bdt220.
To be honest it did not stir me with the same level of details as that of the w802/s490 combination.

I have to mention that I have'nt tested a dark scene on w802. I feel that the sky high details on w802 is enough to merit consideration.

Ha ha ha.
I should not talk about my st50 here.:)
Somebody earlier already pointed out nicely that my comments extolling plasmas on an led thread is causing confusion among led buyers.
Yeah! Why don't you go and hide below your IR coated bridge? :p

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back