Bravia HX850 successor -W900A with Quantum Dot !

46W950 for 1.2L.

May I know who is offering at 1.2L. As far as I searched showrooms giving it for 129900 and times of india 3k less on it. Planning to buy from Sony show room this weekend as I am not fully trusting TOI site (delays -some times 10-15 days and not sure of transit issues).

hi every one
just now created my account, after reading all replies here.

two days back i bought sony 40W900A model,

y'day they delivered the piece, but am not satisfied with package of it.
it seems its already opened, and repacked it and one side its looks like rend and some accessories are visible(able to see one pack of 3D glasses) . then immediately i called showroom, what they replied is "they have to open and check all the accessories then repack it". these words confusedme . then asked them i want sealed piece. after some discussion went to showroom then asked their team leads.they replied will replace by 5 pm 29th jul 2013. but i followed them for every 30 mins, until 7: 30PM y'day. but they didnt deliver it.
hope they deliver today.

"i made a call for Sony people via toll free number y'day itself, they replied no one should open the package. once sony is packed it, then infront of customer sony installation people will open the pack."

i need one confirmation from you all,
what all accessories will come along with this model?
like how many 3D glasses, cables, remotes and etc....

Thank you

Last edited:
some long story was happened before bought 40W900A model
will let you know in a day.

waiting for sealed piece and replies from you all

thank you

@badboyII, You have been delivered a used/display piece. Dealer lie when they say that they have to open the packing to check the contents. This kind of check is already done at the factory. Regarding what accessories are included, etc., please refer to the website. Check the manual also. The very first pages of the manual state what is included and what is not - they mention things right from the main unit to stands to the remote and batteries, etc.

@badboyII, You have been delivered a used/display piece. Dealer lie when they say that they have to open the packing to check the contents. This kind of check is already done at the factory. Regarding what accessories are included, etc., please refer to the website. Check the manual also. The very first pages of the manual state what is included and what is not - they mention things right from the main unit to stands to the remote and batteries, etc.

Thank you for reply,
i will chk it definitely, actually what was happening is even sony customer support also saying 2 set of 3D glasses but along with the pack there are 4 included while getting information for the products earlier that means before buying that model, the showroom people said this one. here am little bit confuse on this.

i will go through site and manual as well

Thanks anyway Just4kix

If you still have the Tv with you, check for the usage hours. Should not be more than 2Hrs for a Brand new TV.

Link to check usage hours - here.

If its anything more than that, you have received a display piece. Fight with showroom guys for a replacement. If they do not respond , raise a complaint with Sony.

i need one confirmation from you all,
what all accessories will come along with this model?
like how many 3D glasses, cables, remotes and etc....
Thank you

Accessories inside the Box:
- The TV packed in a bag and supported by thermocol
- 1 Circular Stand
- 1 Pivot (to attach the stand to the TV)
- 1 Remote
- 2 3D Glasses packed inside a small cardboard box
- 1 small packet containing user manuals and remote control batteries.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mayhem

i will wait for today, if they didnt replace it, will call Sony service people to install it, then will chk will along with service people. if we found it used more than 2 hrs, then definitely will raise a complaint on showroom.

thanks again for valuable information

Last edited:
they delivered new piece, but its still look like repacked, that to its not like sony packed

if observed that its tape on tape for pack. i called showroom people and asked about, they replied again they have to chk inside of pack what all will be there. i denied what they are saying, in that case refund my money or send company sealed pack.

they told me that they dont have that sealed piece and they order to sony company this model again. so they deliver in a day

hope this time will get company piece

Usually it comes from factory with one tape , since Sony India opens the Box to insert the warranty card or any accessories they reseal it with their tape.

Usually it comes from factory with one tape , since Sony India opens the Box to insert the warranty card or any accessories they reseal it with their tape.

thanks for reply

but Showroom people are agreed with me that they have opened and checked inside.

and one more thing is warranty card they kept outside of the box used tape to attach.

and i also confirmed from Sony installation people, that they are also saying there should be only one tape

guys don't get fooled by the Quantum Dots technology...this can only be enjoyed when sony releases 4k content which have wider color gamut and 4k bluray player and not with the present content....

Zouresh, I beg to differ. The quantum dot tech make the Sony 9 series more vibrant. Though I have demoed only with the demo material of Sony, still you can feel the special colour production of the set with respect to Sony 8 series itself. Anyway, may be with 4k technology it will be more pronounced and useful, but even with full HD material it should still give a WOW factor to the display. I simply loved it, but alas, it's not for poor people like us :(

ya the sony picture is fantastic.....so manzb how is your samsung doing ....planning to purchase it next week....meanwhile checkout the fantastic reviews of our tv on avforums....do not forget to see the test results which is fantastic

Samsung F5500 (PS51F5500) 3D Plasma TV Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

Samsung PS51F5500 Test Results | AVForums.com - UK Online

for best picture settings in a dimly lit room check out the link below

Samsung PS51F5500 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings | AVForums.com - UK Online

just now got new piece, it look like new piece.

Sony installation people are coming this evening to install it

then will chk along with them how many hrs it has been used.

once again thanks for your help
cheers :)

y'day itself installed 40w900a,

the technician also don't how to check used hrs

2days back i noted the combination of key to chk used hrs from this forum. i alone tried after installation.

following is showing atlast

00001 - 00015 - 00000

here am adding image, what its showing at last line

image.axd

any one have any idea on this, how many hrs it has been used?

Thanks once again for great support

I am not very sure about this. But I am infering as follows:

1. The first line 00001-00015-00000: This probably means that set is used for 1 hour (rounded off) and switched ON/OFF 15 times

2. The second line <many zeros>519: Probably means 519 seconds or 51 mins, 9 secs - no idea really

3. The third line <many zeros>15: TV switched on times

I am not very sure about this. But I am infering as follows:

1. The first line 00001-00015-00000: This probably means that set is used for 1 hour (rounded off) and switched ON/OFF 15 times

2. The second line <many zeros>519: Probably means 519 seconds or 51 mins, 9 secs - no idea really

3. The third line <many zeros>15: TV switched on times

Thanks for reply
actually all the 3 lines are on one line only, for edited used as three images
i might be used 1 hr before checking this code.
so i got sealed piece :yahoo:

great help
thank you all

Ha ha.. Congrats badboy II... (wondering where's Badboy I? :p )

This is a fabulous TV. :licklips: Don't worry, a new set will smell like one and you can almost always figure out from the Package itself. Anyway, all the codes and things will just give you a digital assurance to what you have seen. Just relax and try to enjoy the best LED set one can buy. ;)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back