Bravia HX850 successor -W900A with Quantum Dot !

Monolithic design, OptiContrast panel. more powerful speakers + woofer/tweeter are the differences between W900 and W950

I may happily shell out more money for better dynamic contrasts and deep blacks.
But shelling more for wider colour gamut and 4k, my mind rebels...

Have you demoed the W900/950 ? If not, please don't go by reviews alone.

W900/950 has above average viewing angles and no worse than HX850/Samsung F8000 etc.

Of course you can't expect IPS like viewing angles but most people have no problems with VA viewing angles.

IPS panel has better viewing angle but inferior black/contrast level compared to VA panel. So for best PQ, I would recommend VA panel TV (Samsung W9 or Samsung Series 8).

IPS panel has better viewing angle but inferior black/contrast level compared to VA panel. So for best PQ, I would recommend VA panel TV (Samsung W9 or Samsung Series 8).

Your obsession to prove that VA panel is better than IPS in multiple posts has taken its toll. Now Samsung starts to produce a W9 and W8:)

Finally after much wait got my 46 w950a today , 2d picture quality out of the box is stunning, hd content is superb ,rich vibrant colours real sharp images never thought images on tv could look so life like , did get a chance to try out the settings also tried cnet settings but i liked general mode so far , also tried 3D with imax under the sea blue ray , fantastic bright images with lot of depth n pop effect, thou little crosstalk is evident , will keep updating further

Finally after much wait got my 46 w950a today , 2d picture quality out of the box is stunning, hd content is superb ,rich vibrant colours real sharp images never thought images on tv could look so life like , did get a chance to try out the settings also tried cnet settings but i liked general mode so far , also tried 3D with imax under the sea blue ray , fantastic bright images with lot of depth n pop effect, thou little crosstalk is evident , will keep updating further

Congratulations! !!!

Congrats!!!

How is the black level. Have you tried Skyfall, Harry potter and the deathly hallow part 2 as they are great for testing black levels. Any blooming,clouding?

Congratulations on your new TV.

Congrats shainz! I am eager for your feedback on various settings and their impact on 2D PQ.

Congrats Shainz, you are the first one from the forum to have it.. anyway you have waited long for the beauty... have great time with her ;) :p

Last edited:

Cool.. In bangalore I went to reliance digital and sony show room. They have demo piece and it looks amazing. price they quoted is 1,29,990.

HI , it has stunning picture quality no doubt, colours are so vibrant earlier i used to watch few sd channels now its impossible :eek:hyeah: , plugged in my 1tb hdd as expected sony doesnt impress much with its internal media player cudnt play most of my movies not even some in mp4 format , no subtitle support either upscaling is great though , then connected it via blue ray player and it did a great job played everything and upscaling is superb infact better than dth feed , it amazing how diifrent hd channel logo look now,havnt tried much to change settings as i found general mode itself does a outstanding job to give rich colourful images, what i loved most is normal 2d content has a pop out effect just like 3d :D

black levels r excellent pretty deep , infact its the first time i have ever seen different shades of black on a tv ,shadow details are also very good

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back