Bravia HX850 successor -W900A with Quantum Dot !

Check out how much extra sony provides free we get nothing as such here....

Hey all I just thought I would give my input I purchased the kdl-42W805A and in all honesty hated it, I liked the design etc but I knew deep down I wanted the W9 so took the W8 back to my local sony centre and paid an extra 800 for the W9 and in all honesty I love the tv they also threw in a 5 year warranty the new sony triluminos 3d Blu ray player a hdmi cable and 6 Blu rays I've also sent off for my Xperia Z.. All in all I'm happy, I also can see the thin line either side of the tv but it disappears in game mode and that's pretty much all I use this tv for.. If people would like any pics or need anything answered gimme a holla :)...

Check out how much extra sony provides free we get nothing as such here....

Hey all I just thought I would give my input I purchased the kdl-42W805A and in all honesty hated it, I liked the design etc but I knew deep down I wanted the W9 so took the W8 back to my local sony centre and paid an extra 800 for the W9 and in all honesty I love the tv they also threw in a 5 year warranty the new sony triluminos 3d Blu ray player a hdmi cable and 6 Blu rays I've also sent off for my Xperia Z.. All in all I'm happy, I also can see the thin line either side of the tv but it disappears in game mode and that's pretty much all I use this tv for.. If people would like any pics or need anything answered gimme a holla :)...

Can I know why you hated w805?
Also you said earlier that you wouldn't buy 805 as you were looking to buy 900.
So what made you to go for w805 in the first place?

Dirac post is copied from av forums uk just wanted to share how much free stuff sony provies them compared to us here we get no such freebies , i booked w950a last week hopefully delivery would be by 8th june

Dirac post is copied from av forums uk just wanted to share how much free stuff sony provies them compared to us here we get no such freebies , i booked w950a last week hopefully delivery would be by 8th june

Oh. Sorry and congratulations.
Have triluminos days and nights.!!!!!

Thanks , will share my experience once i get my hands on it .... Thou dent on pocket is gonna be big one

Went to the dealer yesterday sadly delivery is pushed back by atleast 8-10 days as 46 w960a hasnt reached showrooms yet but he said 55inch model is available

Few differences. W950 has a monolithic design and has complete glass cover. Also it has better sound.
W900a does not have glass sheet. Rest of the functionality is same.

Last edited:
hdtvtest and CNET reviewed the 55 inch W905 model, not sure if it is W950 for India. The black levels are not as good as HX850, and also no much difference in 3D. The viewing angle is also restrictive to 20 degrees. In India TV is more for a family than for an individual so this could be a downer. The only plus is the colour gamut.
Is it worth investing in the wider color gamut when there is no content avaialble? frankly India is far away from 4k and the content for wider color gamut is not to be seen arriving in 2 years. You will also need a player like PS4 to read the wide colour gamut.
For me, this falls in a different legue, not ready for Indian consumers yet!
technically what is the difference between W900 and W950?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back