Brought all HT essentials now help me...

Vagabond

Dear All,

as earlier discussed from my Lcd to HT buying here is my final collection updated last week...

LCD Samsung LCD32 590 (800W Model)

TATA SKY HD PVR

Sony HT DZ510...

Seagate GO Flex 1 TB HDD (with power supply)...

the connections are,

Tata sky >>LCD ... via HDMI
TATA SKY >> Sony HT ....via optical
1 TB >> LCD .... via USB

Now i hav doubt, all my files from 1 tb are played fine on LCD via usb (i guess no need for media player here with this lcd :clapping:),
only few DTS files hav audio lag when the optical out from tv given to sony HT

secondly,
to hear Tata sky HD 5.1 i hav connected TS out to sony HT via optical out and same time audio out from lcd to sony HT via simple stereo audio jack to audio in red & white RCA at other end,
problem is i am not getting the 5.1 effect on my HT no voice in rear speakers and too much Bass also...

the tv out does work in above scenario :sad: !!!

is there anything like a switch to split the optical out ??

how to reduce sony HT bass??

experts :cool:,
suggest all connections plz... i think i m missing something here.... :D

well since your post/question is a little confusing and from what i understand if you are having bass problems then obviously you can either reduce the volume of subwoofer and/or reduce the gain on bass/low frequencies.

you also mention that you are not getting 5.1 effect in HT,
i would like to ask whether you are facing this problem with Tatasky or if when you use files stored on your HDD?

Yes there are optical splitters.

okay i think i now understand what you mean

1 you have connected TS+ HD to tv via HDMI
2 you have connected TS+ HD to HT via Optical
3 you have connected LCD TV to HT via RCA stereo cables.
4 you have connected LCD TV to HT via Optical connection.

if all above holds true then you should firstly remove connection 3 (unnecessary connection).

when watching TS you should ideally be getting 5.1 effect in HD channels and Your AVR should describe the input format as Dolby Digital 5.1 when you select Optical Input.

hope I helped please thank if i did.

Did you try muting your tv?
Is that sony a htib system?
If you feed multiple signals to such system, it would prefer some input over other. Normally the hierarchy is-
Hdmi>dvi>coaxial>optical>rca by default. It can be changed via settings in very few players.
So if you feed audio signal via tv as well as stb, one signal would be bypassed and another played.
go through user manual to see if you can alter this. Else, disconnect tv and sony .

Last edited:
thanks delhite2 & entsurgeon...

seems i will get the answers soon... well u explained the bass problem solution but there is no option in sony HT to reduce bass, it has presets like auto music movie with dynamic bass on off... yes with night mode the bass level is reduced but still i want to reduce it further... tell me about reducing the gain, etc...
also how to reduce/increase indivisual sound from each speakers? (is it possible in sony dz510 ht??))

i removed the no 3 connection,

for audio connections are
TS+ HD >>> LCD via HDMI >>>>LCD to HT via optical...

its working fine i get PRO LOGIC displayed on HT display,

when i play HD .mkv file via usb there isnt any DD or PRO LOGIC logo in sony HT i guess that doesnt have DD..Pro Logic, (am i right here?))

where can i get that optical spiltter? will it improve my existing sound quality??

thanks in advance..

splitters will never improve sound quality. at best you can hope for zero loss in signal ie post splitter sound is as good as pre splitter one.
about bass- check if you have an equaliser mode called user. this mode will enable you to manually set bass. i doubt that htib will allow you to alter gains for each channel. however even the most basic avr offers this feature. but your current speakers would be a mismatch then. you can get a basic avr +sub sat package for as low as 20-25ks. then you ll have to phase out this htib. not an easy option is it?
also please post a link to the htib. i failed to get its detailes on googling it. a link to its user manual will help us help you.

nope there isnt any "user" mode, plz tell me how to set this mode...

my lcd has 3 hdmi inputs (2 hdmi 1 dvi)

i request all sony dz510 user to tell me about equilizer setting??? :sad:

hey there...

i've got sony dz120 (the old htib in silver color).

this is what i do to reduce the bass.... though it will impact the overall balance of the speakers....

put your htib in DVD function mod, ensure no dvd is being played though... press DISPLAY button.... select CUSTOM in SETUP option (the one at the bottom).... select SPEAKER SETUP 4th option in the menu)..... here you can set the distance as well as db level of all six speakers.

though, i would suggest you to use the auto callibration in htib to get the optimum performance as it will balance sound level of all the channels evenly based on their placement and room acoustics. you

can always turn the volume down or switchoff dynamic bass to kill the extremely boomy source!

btw... i too am a nube like you for electronics.. am a BE Mech too.....

hope this helps. try and tell us if it worked.

for your another query... try to connect like this...

-connect your HT to LCD via compnent cable for video (you should get best video like this)

-connect STB (TATA) via HDMI to LCD for best PQ

-connect STB via optical to your HT. you should get DD 5.1... set your soufield on AFD STD

Last edited:
Dear Pavan,

When you watch Movies from your hard disk you will not get DTS in your HT, basically because you have connected you HDD to the TV with USB, Hence the video and audio signal is decoded and processed by your TV only. (What you have is a HDD not a Media Player).

Your TV has got Dolby Digital processing only and no DTS hence when ever you try to play a content with DTS your HTB may have time lag or it may show Prologic, as prologic is nothing but summation of two channels of sound ie Left & Right (Stereo).

More over what ever the content / movies in your HDD most of them would be either down loaded or ripped hence not necessary that all the movies will have proper codec of the Dolby Digital encoding,

So you will get proper Dolby Digital only when you Play a content with proper encoding or when you see a DD content from TS.

Thanks

Balagopalan.

Dear Pavan,

When you watch Movies from your hard disk you will not get DTS in your HT, basically because you have connected you HDD to the TV with USB, Hence the video and audio signal is decoded and processed by your TV only. (What you have is a HDD not a Media Player).

Your TV has got Dolby Digital processing only and no DTS hence when ever you try to play a content with DTS your HTB may have time lag or it may show Prologic, as prologic is nothing but summation of two channels of sound ie Left & Right (Stereo).

More over what ever the content / movies in your HDD most of them would be either down loaded or ripped hence not necessary that all the movies will have proper codec of the Dolby Digital encoding,

So you will get proper Dolby Digital only when you Play a content with proper encoding or when you see a DD content from TS.

Thanks

Balagopalan.

rather than connecting your HDD directly to LCD, connect it via HTiB which has a USB and DTS processing! should work out better!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back