Budget CD Player : PS2 v/s Marantz CD5001/3 v/s CA DV99

Hi Mars, He has Norge 2030 with Norge mil spk.

Thx. MIssed that somehow. With this setup, the CA would be a better match than the Marantz. I heard the Norge about a month ago and think it aims to be smooth in the output. The soundstage is decent as well. With a Marantz it would feel a tad dry. A CA with it fidelity would bring the better experience in my humble opinion.

one year back i paid 12.5k for 5001
one and half year back i paid 14.5k for DV99

i feel that 5001 is a shade better.

Is the CD5001 still in production, any tip where i can get it in bangalore?
another note... my AVR is Onkyo SR606 and Wharfdale 9.6, will this match will with it...

How important is a dedicated sterio reciever? can it wait for the nest couple of years....

how does the 6002 compare with this....is this also out of production? does this have USB playback?

Nope, the cd6003 is the one with usb playback.
Cd5001 and 6002 have been replaced. Stereo amp preferably, if you dont want to compromise on music.

The CD6002 was available for 18K. just a reminder.

For audio go for the 5003 it will beat the DV99.

Regards

for exclusive audio palybacd, do you feel the 6002 is a better deal? i think it has usb play back as well, where in bangalore did you get teh 18k quote..

Harryanthony, the cd6003 has usb playback, the cd6002 does not, read my earlier post.For audio playback cd6002 would be the better choice.

for exclusive audio palybacd, do you feel the 6002 is a better deal? i think it has usb play back as well, where in bangalore did you get teh 18k quote..

I got it shipped from Coimbatore Bass Treble. I have posted his contact in another thread. Please search.

Cheers

I got it shipped from Coimbatore Bass Treble. I have posted his contact in another thread. Please search.

Cheers

any idea of grey market avalibality..... is there a posibality that the circitary in the 6003 is compramised to accomodate the usb feature?

will the SQ of mp3 playback on the 6003 be better than mass dvd/cd players?

very confused...

any idea of grey market avalibality..... is there a posibality that the circitary in the 6003 is compramised to accomodate the usb feature?

very confused...

check out this thread by a senior member who purchased CD6003.

CD 6003: Any User Reviews?

Sound quality will definitely be much better than a mass market dvd player.

very confused...

I did A/B test of 6002 vs 6003. Both are exactly the same. No compromise. The chassis is heavier in 6003 and I may be deluding myself to say that it sounds smoother than 6002, so slight was the difference.

No compromise. It is definitely better than CA DV99 and Oppo type of players.

Regards

what to choose between the NAD 542 and Marantz 6003....

i am being offered NAD c542 (NOS) for 18K and 6003 for 22k...
Please comment on if the NOS is adviceable or not as well....

what are the experts opnion.... my set-up is Onkyo 606AVR, 9.6 Tower and 9.CS

what to choose between the NAD 542 and Marantz 6003....

i am being offered NAD c542 (NOS) for 18K and 6003 for 22k...
Please comment on if the NOS is adviceable or not as well....

what are the experts opnion.... my set-up is Onkyo 606AVR, 9.6 Tower and 9.CS

If you search the threads there are a few reports with transport problems with 542, - does not read discs at times etc. 6003 is pain free. If you search the thread again, you will find a 6003 owner who purchased it in SG for 12K.

So decide ... and please learn to search :)

Cheers

If you search the threads there are a few reports with transport problems with 542, - does not read discs at times etc. 6003 is pain free. If you search the thread again, you will find a 6003 owner who purchased it in SG for 12K.

So decide ... and please learn to search :)

Cheers

gooble sir, apologies... searched i read all those post.. every thing to do with NAD 542 TRANSPORT issues, there are various threads that explain it....

some of these feedback was way too old, i was not sure if 542 have made any enhancements to fix the issue....

also that you mention that the 6003 is avaliable for 12k, in singapore.... this was posted by readdymall.... many memebers have asked reddy the location and details of the vendor.... but he has nover come back...

pls let me know the location if you know...

thanks

gooble sir, apologies... searched i read all those post.. every thing to do with NAD 542 TRANSPORT issues, there are various threads that explain it....

some of these feedback was way too old, i was not sure if 542 have made any enhancements to fix the issue....

also that you mention that the 6003 is avaliable for 12k, in singapore.... this was posted by readdymall.... many memebers have asked reddy the location and details of the vendor.... but he has nover come back...

thanks

The member I auditioned it with was Vivek Rao. His id is by the same name.
Please check with him.

Regards

thank you iaudio...
i have contacted my friend in singapore to check with your source the avalibality.....
the website of the store mentioned that the price is SGD550
....are you sure i will get it for SGD350?

Do i have to bargain with these guys?..

on another note, is there a place in bangalore were i can aduition the 6003, even berrer if the vendor can bring the player home.... and i can audition it with my existing set-up...

regards

gooble sir...

thanks

google + gobble = gooble:D

On a serious note, i agree that reddymail had mentioned about 6003 availability in Singapore for SGD350 but did not provide details of the store that sells at that price. If he could provide the details it would be useful for harryanthony and me since I am on the look out for a CD player as well. CD6003 is selling for AED 1460 in Dubai, approximately Rs. 18500. If it is selling for Rs. 12,000 in Singapore I may as well buy it in Singapore when I go there by July.

harryanthony, I have PMd you the details.

iaudio, is it a store in Singapore or a person?

On another note, even I am looking to buy a decent CD player to pair with my AVR Onkyo TX-SR876. I would classify the 876 as being on a brighter side so the CD player needs to be slightly laid back. Would CD 6003 be a good combination with the 876?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back