Budget CD Player : PS2 v/s Marantz CD5001/3 v/s CA DV99

May be this is late info but still...
Got my PM6003 from Alpha Audio, Adelphi and also enquired the basment shop (forgot the name). Both were quoting 380S$ each for PM and CD6003. After bargaining, it came down to S$ 365 each if I buy both PM and CD 6003 total = S$730. He is willing to throw in interconnects (valued at 65S$) and 8 banana plugs (valued at 32S$) free. I went with a friend who is a frequest visiter / customer there. But I took just PM6003 for 380S$. I am sure you can get it S$365 if you bargain even if you are a new customer. Some forum members @ extreame place claim they bought it for 320. May be true since most of them frequent same shop and have long standing relationship. Considering the huge markup in India, it makes sense to look for cheap tickets and buy there and enjoy a few days in Singapore. You can even get the GST back few more $$ saved :)

One point though....
The Marantz brand is selling really cheap in Singapore compared to UK and even Hongkong. But other brands may not have as much difference.

Last edited:
Got my PM6003 from Alpha Audio, Adelphi and also enquired the basment shop (forgot the name). Both were quoting 380S$ each for PM and CD6003. After bargaining, it came down to S$ 365 each if I buy both PM and CD 6003 total = S$730. He is willing to throw in interconnects (valued at 65S$) and 8 banana plugs (valued at 32S$) free. I went with a friend who is a frequest visiter / customer there. But I took just PM6003 for 380S$. I am sure you can get it S$365 if you bargain even if you are a new customer. Some forum members @ extreame place claim they bought it for 320. May be true since most of them frequent same shop and have long standing relationship. Considering the huge markup in India, it makes sense to look for cheap tickets and buy there and enjoy a few days in Singapore. You can even get the GST back few more $$ saved :)

One point though....
The Marantz brand is selling really cheap in Singapore compared to UK and even Hongkong. But other brands may not have as much difference.

Great news!! If you book SG tickets 3 months in advance, it will come out cheaper to travel and enjoy all things touristy as well. Better to spend the 11K on oneself than to give it up as an unfair margin to a profiteering network paying 22K INR for same stuff!

Cheers

One point though....

Was the PM7001 avaliable there?
what was the indicative price?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back