Budget CD Player : PS2 v/s Marantz CD5001/3 v/s CA DV99

google + gobble = gooble:D

On a serious note, i agree that reddymail had mentioned about 6003 availability in Singapore for SGD350 but did not provide details of the store that sells at that price. If he could provide the details it would be useful for harryanthony and me since I am on the look out for a CD player as well. CD6003 is selling for AED 1460 in Dubai, approximately Rs. 18500. If it is selling for Rs. 12,000 in Singapore I may as well buy it in Singapore when I go there by July.

Hi thekinge,

Gooble, iaudio and Vivek lead me to alpha audio is sim ling square... these guys are also listed as authorized distributors for marantz on the Singapore website for marantz.....

i the website has the price as sgd550, i am told you can bargain for sgd350....i am yet to contact them... if you get a chance to contact them sooner... do reply to this post or PM me the final price they are quoting....

Lets hope to get this at sgd350... :) i have pledged to give 1% of all my new purchases back to the supermod...

Hi thekinge,

Gooble, iaudio and Vivek lead me to alpha audio is sim ling square... these guys are also listed as authorized distributors for marantz on the Singapore website for marantz.....

i the website has the price as sgd550, i am told you can bargain for sgd350....i am yet to contact them... if you get a chance to contact them sooner... do reply to this post or PM me the final price they are quoting....

Lets hope to get this at sgd350... :) i have pledged to give 1% of all my new purchases back to the supermod...

Well it came as a shock to me when the 6003 owner claimed he got it for 12K, but I dont have any reason to beleive he was lying :)

Cheers

Hi thekinge,

Hi harryanthony,

I think these negotiations ought to be carried out in person if it is going to be useful. I am planning to travel to Singapore by July but unfortunately my travel plans are not confirmed. If you have any friends in Singapore, ask them to inquire and if possible negotiate. Could you please send me the link from where you got the price of SGD 550?

Do you think its advisable to buy the PM6003 while i am buying the CD6003... The both cost the same price.... in your opinion will this there be a day/night difference in the SQ while hooking the CD6003 to the PM6003 instead of my existing Onkyo AVR SR606 ?

i am eagerly waiting to hear from you guys where i can audition the Marantz??????

Gobble, that is precisely why i got denon 510ae @ 10k instead of getting a higher priced CDP like cd6003 or nad c545@17 or 18k.(considering you can always add a good dac later ) You only reaffirm my belief that in an entry level setup, more expensive does not necessarily mean better SQ.

Regards

I did A/B test of 6002 vs 6003. Both are exactly the same. No compromise. The chassis is heavier in 6003 and I may be deluding myself to say that it sounds smoother than 6002, so slight was the difference.

No compromise. It is definitely better than CA DV99 and Oppo type of players.

Regards

Gobble, that is precisely why i got denon 510ae @ 10k instead of getting a higher priced CDP like cd6003 or nad c545@17 or 18k.(considering you can always add a good dac later ) You only reaffirm my belief that in an entry level setup, more expensive does not necessarily mean better SQ.

Regards

The international price of Denon is 230 pounds. From where did you get it for 10K ?

Hi Sachin, got it for 850AED from dubai(10.2k) Even at profx/chennai is willing to give it for 15.7k(after 8% discount on MRP 17k)

Hi cooltoad,

Hows your DCD510AE coming along? Can you post your impressions / review and details of the amp / speakers you're using ? I have almost finalized the CD 6003 but I have read that CD 6003 can sound bright - my 876 is already on the brighter side so I'd like a CD player that's a bit laidback.

-thekinge

Hi Sachin, got it for 850AED from dubai(10.2k) Even at profx/chennai is willing to give it for 15.7k(after 8% discount on MRP 17k)

both you and thekinge seem to having good time buying from dubai. darn these duties poor indians like us have to pay.:sad:

i agree... its not the best place for audio-video enthusiasts....... guys what inter-connectors are you using to hook up with CD players to the amp... any recommendation for a VFM inter-connector?

thekinge, will try to post my impressions briefly, as i've not listened to any decent setups and hence not a fit person for posting a detailed review. Listned to Raavanan CD in Tamil, although it is not a genre i'd like to listen to, with my setup, it sounded much better and listenable.
Me too thought of getting 6003, but since it was a blind buy, didn't want to take chances spend that much extra.

Regards.

Hi cooltoad,

Hows your DCD510AE coming along? Can you post your impressions / review and details of the amp / speakers you're using ? I have almost finalized the CD 6003 but I have read that CD 6003 can sound bright - my 876 is already on the brighter side so I'd like a CD player that's a bit laidback.

-thekinge

Found so many of our Forum members trying to find out where in Singapore to buy HIFI at a decent price. So here goes.....

The place go is "Sim Lim Square". Its about half an hour taxi drive from the Airport. There are many small shops there who have walls "stacked" with various brands of amplifier. (I felt like a dog drooling all over looking at the "loot" on the wall).
There is no chance of auditioning since the shops are really small. Dont fall for the size of the shops since they have their stockyard elsewhere. The shop is only to strike a deal and complete the sale. Check the working of your equipment before making the payment.

You need to be sure what you want to buy and then walk though different shops asking for their best offer. After a couple of shops you will know the "market value" there.

All those also passing though singapore can complete the entire process in 3 hours flat. So even if your are hopping flights in singapore on the way back from some other country you could do this. If you have a connecting flight you get a free visa too + Tax free shopping!!. I was lucky that I could complete my buy in a similar manner when I was hopping from China to Bangalore via Singapore.

Sachin, except the cdp, everything else i got from here, either new or used.I think even the cdps are gettable at competitive prices from grey.

both you and thekinge seem to having good time buying from dubai. darn these duties poor indians like us have to pay.:sad:

Found so many of our Forum members trying to find out where in Singapore to buy HIFI at a decent price. So here goes.....

The place go is "Sim Lim Square". Its about half an hour taxi drive from the Airport. There are many small shops there who have walls "stacked" with various brands of amplifier. (I felt like a dog drooling all over looking at the "loot" on the wall).
There is no chance of auditioning since the shops are really small. Dont fall for the size of the shops since they have their stockyard elsewhere. The shop is only to strike a deal and complete the sale. Check the working of your equipment before making the payment.

You need to be sure what you want to buy and then walk though different shops asking for their best offer. After a couple of shops you will know the "market value" there.

All those also passing though singapore can complete the entire process in 3 hours flat. So even if your are hopping flights in singapore on the way back from some other country you could do this. If you have a connecting flight you get a free visa too + Tax free shopping!!. I was lucky that I could complete my buy in a similar manner when I was hopping from China to Bangalore via Singapore.

Thanks Vivek,

Does it come with warranty that is valid atleast in Singapore? If I may ask, how much did you pay for CD6003 in Singapore?

Sure you get a Singapore Warranty. I did not enquire about an international warranty as I was quite sure it would never work out in India.

I bought it for 360 SGD.....I did bump into one more forum member later who claimed to have bought it even lower.

Sure you get a Singapore Warranty. I did not enquire about an international warranty as I was quite sure it would never work out in India.

I bought it for 360 SGD.....I did bump into one more forum member later who claimed to have bought it even lower.

What reciever are you using with it.... did you buy the marantz PM as well?

Thanks Vivek.

i just the confirmation call from my contact in singapore... the CD6003 and PM6003 are avaliable at SGD390...

sorry for the delay in getting back, but my contact had to personally visit the store....

Back