Budget DAC or an Int. amp (Also at budget)

pakecc

Hi all,

Got confused in between a budget Int. amp and budget DAC. Budget is in the range of <20k. This sudden confusion is after seeing the price of the entry level Int. amp and the DAC of Cambridge Audio in Hifimart as well as the sonodyne Sai 320 and their new DAC P1. Since my source would be Mp3 >=@256kbs stored on IPod/ hard disk/ SMART PHONE, is it worth to get the CA DAC or the sonodyne DAC. A 20k indian product will be a better one than the 20k firangi one?(ready to change my opinion on this:eek:.)

Planning to go for the sonodyne DAC's audition at Kolkata Mani square ( if they have)but for the cambridge audio DAC, would rely on our FMs opinion. If I decide to go for a DAC, then the output to speaker would be thru the sony avr's Music mode 'A.Direct' where the AVR controls only the volume.

Hi all,

Got confused in between a budget Int. amp and budget DAC. Budget is in the range of <20k. This sudden confusion is after seeing the price of the entry level Int. amp and the DAC of Cambridge Audio in Hifimart as well as the sonodyne Sai 320 and their new DAC P1. Since my source would be Mp3 >=@256kbs stored on IPod/ hard disk/ SMART PHONE, is it worth to get the CA DAC or the sonodyne DAC. A 20k indian product will be a better one than the 20k firangi one?(ready to change my opinion on this:eek:.)

Planning to go for the sonodyne DAC's audition at Kolkata Mani square ( if they have)but for the cambridge audio DAC, would rely on our FMs opinion. If I decide to go for a DAC, then the output to speaker would be thru the sony avr's Music mode 'A.Direct' where the AVR controls only the volume.

for under 20k get a ODAC/Schiit Modi dac for like 6-7k + used NAD 325/326

though NAD sounds cleaner with Odac and lil warmer and laid back with Modi.

for under 20k get a ODAC/Schiit Modi dac for like 6-7k + used NAD 325/326

though NAD sounds cleaner with Odac and lil warmer and laid back with Modi.

Thanks @theironhorse. Apart from USB input, I look for the digital input also in the DAC

20 k is the budget just for the DAC or DAC+AMP.. if so and you need optical/coax input as well you are running on super low budget to get decent sound.

Thanks. my budget is only for DAC with a coaxial input. Continuously looking the For sales column for any Arcam iRDAC / RDAC.

Also, for the time being, thinking about the super low budget - Lindy DAC which has a coaxial & Optical in and a RCA out. This compact DAC has a good review in whathifi. Any one has a say on this??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back