Budget floor standing speakers

rammy

Dear folks,

I would like to buy best budget floor standing speakers, Could you guys please suggest me good one? As am already used boston a 25 and boston xs 5.1 for my 7.1 setup. Now i need to get better quality than previous setup.

Which brand , cost and suitable to any receiver? what about poineer fs52?

Thanks in Advance,

rammy

Hi

Many have provided strong good feedback for FS52 which is AJ designed.

If you have used the Bostons already then you need to serious audition what is available in the Market....Wharfedale 230s are good too....but depending on what levels and what frequencies you hear music / watch movies....better audition the different brands based on appearance, performance and budget...then you can shortlist and share with us for our recommendations...end of the day trust your ears ......

Dear folks,

I would like to buy best budget floor standing speakers, Could you guys please suggest me good one? As am already used boston a 25 and boston xs 5.1 for my 7.1 setup. Now i need to get better quality than previous setup.

Thanks in Advance,

rammy

whats your budget?

Pioneer Andrew Jones designed speakers have very good reviews .
Also you can check,Sonodyne sonus 2504, Jamo S426 (Have not auditioned these speakers personally).Please do good audition and decide.

Dear folks,

Thanks in Advance,

rammy

I have FS52s & trust me, they sound terrific! As you are looking for budget & VFM speakers, you may just get these & enjoy :)

Thanks!

Are you looking to replace the entire speaker system, or just the Boston's?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Budget FS are waste of money IMHO. It cannot produce quality.

Get better bookshelves instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Budget FS are waste of money IMHO. It cannot produce quality.

Get better bookshelves instead.

As am planning to change entire speaker system,my current setup is boston a25 and boston soundware xs5.1
total 7.1 setup.

I need to get better quality than existing setup.

or Need to keep xs5.1 and fronts must be change.

Which budget speakers can give better quality than existing fronts.

Let me know sir

Thanks in advance,
rammy

Reason for the upgrade? Are you more into music or watching movies? Why not get a separate stereo system just for music and keep the rest as it is for movies. Pioneer AJ FS-52 would be most vfm and if you are missing out on dialog in your current setup blame it on the lack of a proper center speaker. Best to keep front Left--Center--Right of same brand and series.

As am planning to change entire speaker system,my current setup is boston a25 and boston soundware xs5.1
total 7.1 setup.

I need to get better quality than existing setup.

or Need to keep xs5.1 and fronts must be change.

Which budget speakers can give better quality than existing fronts.

Let me know sir

Thanks in advance,
rammy
If the upgrade bug already bitten you, go for seperate stereo setup and keep your existing setup for movies. For nice bookshelves you can check out these brands:

B&W
ATC
Focal
KEF
Usher
Monitor Audio
Tannoy
Mordaunt Short

I am not a very big fan of Dali, Wharfdale, Polk. IMHO. YMMV. [emoji4]

Am I missing something or has the Norge Audio domain expired?

Cheers

when I click, I could open the link.
Norge is very much alive and offers one of the best Floor standing speakers at a budget price.
One can also google Norge audio.
But Norge is purely music not for your TV.

Last edited:
I do not agree that book shelves are better than budget floor standing speakers.
and a budget one need not be bad and some highly priced one not necessarily good.

I do not agree that book shelves are better than budget floor standing speakers.
and a budget one need not be bad and some highly priced one not necessarily good.
You don't have to agree. Just pick a random bs worth any price bracket and a FS of similar price bracket. If you listen to both, I guess the difference would be obvious. If a FS is made with similar drivers and similar xover components, the FS might sound better (again debatable) but the cost would obviously go up.

IMHO. YMMV.

rammy, since you are only thinking on changing FS in your audio chain, you have to do lot of auditions with your receiver and amp to suit your taste. Don't go for a speaker brand just because its popular, it needs to blend with your taste and existing setup.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back