budget ht for bigginer

dasher85

Hey thr,

m Aditya from pune new here..
but sorry for the same old story ..i got pana pv8 for 44900 in panasonic brand shop in pune. (on 5th march09)

and now looking for 3 options which r amking me freakingly confused..

my budget is max 25 k + 1k max

1. jbl5.9 with harman kardon avr + dvd(1080p) =30k(very hard tocatch)

2.yamaha ytr6130 +p270 price?

3.phillips 4750 ht

4.sony dz570

5. experts recommondation

i dont know anything apart from these systems, and exept ymh and 4750
i took auditions for all in that jbl was outstanding..

1morei want avr with hdmi so i can connect with dish tv to that and upscale it ..(this is jst what i thaught pls dont laugh if m mistaken im very new here)

:confused: pls help guys as always.. and i want to ask ram for result of 4750 as he has pv8

1 more i want avr with hdmi input & output so i can connect with dish tv to that and upscale it ..(this is jst what i thaught pls dont laugh if m mistaken im very new here)

For your budget (max 25 k + 1k max), you cannot get AVR with upscaler. You can probably get an AVR which has HDMI inputs and outputs in this price range, but it won't upscale. Even those would cost 25K for the AVR alone and you will not have buget for speakers.

If you want upscaling AVR(1080P) the AVR which comes to my mind is Denon 1909. But it sells at 43K. I cannot imagine an AVR model which has this functionality and sells for less than this.

Would advise you to forget upscaling(Technology is not yet fully matured and AVR's with HQV processor will cost a bomb)and concentrate on AVR with good SQ quality.

For your budget (max 25 k + 1k max), you cannot get AVR with upscaler. You can probably get an AVR which has HDMI inputs and outputs in this price range, but it won't upscale. Even those would cost 25K for the AVR alone and you will not have buget for speakers.

If you want upscaling AVR(1080P) the AVR which comes to my mind is Denon 1909. But it sells at 43K. I cannot imagine an AVR model which has this functionality and sells for less than this.

Would advise you to forget upscaling(Technology is not yet fully matured and AVR's with HQV processor will cost a bomb)and concentrate on AVR with good SQ quality.

hmm.. thanx mate... but if i want to watch hd movies say via laptop do i need avr for it

You can watch blu ray rips w/o any problem. But if you want original HD movies to be watched via laptop w/o AVR, then your laptop should have blu ray drive and either HDMI or DVI output... Normally laptops comes with VGA o/p and now a days laptops comes with HDMI and DVI output too.

If your TV has HDMI input, then you can connect laptop DVI O/P to HDMI i/p of your TV using this cable.
DVI to HDMI Cable, 6 ft. (Free Shipping*)

Last edited:
hey thanx buddy.. i hv pv8 it has 2 hdmi ports
and what should be additional requirement laptop need for watching hd movies?

1 more thing 4750 is discontinued.. and now on 3366 is replacemwnt.. has anybody heard it??

Hai,

I am new to this forum,

Let me ask few things, kindly advice me. Is that possible to buy Onkyo HTS9100 in india.
Kindly let me know the place and the cost of this system
Kindly suggest me whether can I assemble equivalent to this system by purchasing receiver and speakers

Thanks in advance
veera

now i hv landed on 3 options:

1 CINESYSTEM133- JBL WITH HARMAN KARDON 5.1 WITH 50X5 : 25K

2 ONKYO S5105: 31K

3 YAHAMA 6130: 26K

WHICH IS THE BEST?

You can watch blu ray rips w/o any problem. But if you want original HD movies to be watched via laptop w/o AVR, then your laptop should have blu ray drive and either HDMI or DVI output... Normally laptops comes with VGA o/p and now a days laptops comes with HDMI and DVI output too.

If your TV has HDMI input, then you can connect laptop DVI O/P to HDMI i/p of your TV using this cable.

Prakasse, Hi, I have a query about what you have posted. If you connect the laptop to the tv via hdmi cable, wont the sound also be transferred directly to the tv? What if you want the sound routed to the avr?

P.s
Yippee, my first post here! :yahoo:

but if in my laptop, i hv movie in hd format so i dont need bdp in my laptop na? i can watch hd movies via connecting throuh hdmi output which is thr in laptop

Last edited:
hey thanx buddy.. i hv pv8 it has 2 hdmi ports
and what should be additional requirement laptop need for watching hd movies?

1 more thing 4750 is discontinued.. and now on 3366 is replacemwnt.. has anybody heard it??

3569 is better then 3366/4750. you can buy 3569 its very good hve speaker in wooden box like floor standers.& sounds well .

Give JBL /Harman an audion - lowest in specs - far betr in sound.
Yamaha low priced speakers are not good and no match for JBL.
Check onkyo too seems promising
Also see if you get yamaha with other combo but NOT yamahas speakers.
Where you are located?

in pune.. but i heard much about 4750

now m narrowed to 4750(top of phillips)(20000) or jbl with harmon kardon133(basic of jbl hk)](28000 with dvdp)

price differance 8000(includin dvdp) is it worth goin for jbl?? any1 had audition of both?????????????

i can not extend above 28200 :)

in pune.. but i heard much about 4750

now m narrowed to 4750(top of phillips)(20000) or jbl with harmon kardon133(basic of jbl hk)](28000 with dvdp)

price differance 8000(includin dvdp) is it worth goin for jbl?? any1 had audition of both?????????????

i can not extend above 28200 :)

i had checked the hk with jbl.....this is a better option than 4750 - plus it gives the option of moving up - rigging your receiver with other components too. At your budget its the VFM solution.

Movies sound really good on the KH JBL combo - though music lacks the punch. I am sure you can live with that. I am - with an Onkyo amp i can't find good speakers in my budget of 30k.

Always have a budget and don;t move beyond 10% up or down to it.

hey onkyo which? and from whr u bought it? im frm pune only

are you interested in the Onkyo?

I have the Onkyo 606 and bought it on 7th of this month. Got a deal on the Onkyo 606 + Onkyo hts 230 (5.1) speaker system. Good VFM and quite decent actually for movies. Next buy are a pair of towers within 30k and later upgrade to a full blown 5.1/7.1 speaker package (when i get my own place - after 2 years)

i had checked the hk with jbl.....this is a better option than 4750 - plus it gives the option of moving up - rigging your receiver with other components too. At your budget its the VFM solution.

Movies sound really good on the KH JBL combo - though music lacks the punch. I am sure you can live with that. I am - with an Onkyo amp i can't find good speakers in my budget of 30k.

Always have a budget and don;t move beyond 10% up or down to it.

Pardon my ignorance, can you elaborate why the Philips 4750 doesnt give the option of moving up?

it doesnt come with separate avr so u can not connect different speakers, so u can not upgrade it by replacing it with higher quality speaker later..

suprateep-
btw what is cost of 606 and 5.1??

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back