Need suggestions: HT for a 13ft X 25ft room - budget 50K to 100K INR

I'm getting Marantz SR6010 from US for $949, as I found it to be very expensive in India (more than 1 lakh INR). I still need to finalize center & subwoofer.

Experts, I need your advice on the subwoofer. I already bought Wharfedale Diamond 225 fronts and for center, am planning to buy either 220C or 240C (less likely, given its size). SW - I've not yet decided, need your advice. Budget is ~25K to 30K INR. What kind of speaker cables should I buy? (I'll get my Marantz SR6010 & Mediabridge banana plugs tomorrow).

Experts, I need your advice on the subwoofer. I already bought Wharfedale Diamond 225 fronts and for center, am planning to buy either 220C or 240C (less likely, given its size). SW - I've not yet decided, need your advice. Budget is ~25K to 30K INR. What kind of speaker cables should I buy? (I'll get my Marantz SR6010 & Mediabridge banana plugs tomorrow).

Many options are there, Wharfedale D10, Sonodyne Roarr 1210, Polk DSW 550, Emotiva Basx s10, Taga Sw10 or TSW200, XTZ 8.17, try to audition a few. Go through various user experience threads.

I got my Marantz SR6010 last week and connected it Diamond 225s to test. They are sounding better now. However, I ran into some problems with the voltage converter. Initially, I bought Maxine 2KVA converter from Mahesh Electronics, Koti, as suggested by some FMs in this forum (1500 WATTS 220 v to 110 v Step Down Auto Wound: Amazon.in: Electronics) and connected it to a normal power outlet (6 Amps) via extension box. It all worked fine for about 30 minutes and then the fuse in the extension box is blown off and the MCB on the mains started tripping. Then, I moved to another room (thinking that there is too much load in the current room due to TV/BD Player/Old AVR etc connected to it) and again the MCB tripped. So, I connected the converter to A/C power outlet (which is a 20 Amps socket) and it was stable. On second thoughts, I have also exchanged the 2KVA voltage converter for 1.5KVA (same brand "Maxine") for 2 reasons - 1. It is drawing too much (surge) current from the line on start up. 2. 2KVA may be an overkill for my 650W AVR. I still need to test it. As for SW, I am still contemplating between Polk & Taga Harmony SW-10.

After changing the MCB to 20Amps, the set-up is stable now. I also got the Diamond 220C delivery last week and hooked it up. A couple of observations:
1. The center channel is not emitting any sound when playing MP3 files from a pen drive hooked to the AVR. Is it normally the case? Or do I need to override some default set-up in the AVR? When I play a movie/song from my blue-ray player (which is connected to the AVR via HDMI), the center channel is working fine.

2. The Marantz AVR is getting really hot (hotter than my previous small AVR). Is it normal for AVRs to get heated up, when used for more than 30 minutes or so? Do I need to cool it down (with a small fan facing the AVR)?

Last edited:
AVRs get warm after few hours of usage. Normally should not get heated up within 30min of usage at moderate listening level. Is it placed in closed cabinet?

Pls make sure sufficient ventilation is around the AVR.
You can also use laptop cooling pad.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back